Ever wished to get the crème de la crème-, Get that from Austin-Bergstrom Airport
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) is located in Austin, the capital City of Texas. It is a Class C International airport run and governed by the City of Austin Aviation Department. It serves people of the great Austin which is the 34th largest Metropolitan Area in US. The airport is located approximately 8 kilometers southeast of downtown Austin. The size of the airport is about 4,242 acres of land having two runways and 3 helipads. Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is now ranked the 36th busiest airport in the United States.
The airport started as Del Valle Airfield and on 3rd March 1943 was renamed as the Bergstrom Army Airfield. It was named after the former administrative officer called Capt. John August Bergstrom who was killed in a bomb at Clark Field. Later in 1948 when the Air Force split from the army the base was called Bergstrom Air Force base. In the early 1990s it was decommissioned and its name changed.
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport was opened on 23rd March 1999 to the public. It first had a runway of 3,730m (12,250 feet). It has continuously grown and developed and it has been cited as one of the best airports in the world.
Austin-Bergstrom airport has respective airlines operating from this airport and flying to different destinations all over the world. Some of the fleet that use the airport are Virgin America, Air Canada, Allegiant, Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, America Airlines, United Airlines, British Airways, Alaska Airlines, Texas Sky, US Airways, and JetBlue Airways.
Austin-Bergstrom has continuously received awards and honors since 1995 due to its topnotch services. Some of the awards they got include the following:-
· In June 2014 at the Airports Council International of North America Communications and Marketing Excellence awards, Austin-Bergstom was 2nd place in the PR campaign category. At the same event in the Print ad category they were placed 3rd.
· At the Airports Council International of North America Communications and Marketing Excellence awards in June 2013, they were awarded first place for their Formula one race and the Texas-sized welcome in the Customer Service Initiatives. In the same awards they were First place due to partnering with Carriers.
· In 2011 it was ranked for the fifth time consecutively to be among the among the top five North America’s airports and for its customer service excellence.
· In August 2012 they were ranked first for the fourth time consecutively because of offering quality airport services by Austin Citizen Survey respondents.
· Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in March 2010 was awarded by Airports Revenue News as the airport with the best unique services in the category of medium airports.
· Airports Council International-North America in August 2009 awarded Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in august 2009 Second best in Radio advertising in the Airport Communication and Marketing Excellence Awards.
· In March 2007 Austin-Bergstrom International Airport was awarded for its spectacular performance in passenger satisfaction in the Airports Council International Airports Awards.
ABIA has received other more awards before and after, more of the awards are documented in the airports website.
Routes and Destinations
Currently, Austin Bergstem airlines has over 150 daily departures to more than 47 destinations in the United States, the United kingdom, Mexico and now Mexico The Austin-Bergstrom airlines go to various destinations which include Dallas/Fort Worth, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Denver, Houston, and Dallasfor passengers. The airlines also go to Houston, Memphis, Brownwood, San Angelo, Fort Worth, Louisville, and Monterrey as cargo destinations.
Why fly using Austin-Bergstom airport
How to check in
Information about how to check in and book is in the airports website. The following are some of the procedures at the airport: -
· Passengers are required to arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before the departure time.
· At the terminals there are two separate lanes, one for PreCheck passengers and another for premium passengers for screening.
· The airport offers TSA PreCheck services.
· A passenger should be able to confirm the flight status and for any updates at least two days prior to travel.
For more information about the check in process visit the airport’s website.
Baggage and Allowance
The charges of luggage and cargo differs according to size and weight. All luggage should be screened and if it triggers an alarm at the checkpoint the luggage may not be permitted due to security concerns. The airport offers TSA Checks before the items are allowed on to the plane. Measures on how to pack, what to pack and what not to carry are well stipulated in the airports website.
All passengers are required to confirm their seating positions at the customer desk or check online before going onto the plane.
Bookings and reservations at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is not a complex process, a client is required to do that online or do that at the customer desk. The rates differ according to the type of airline you use, the type of flight and the route the airline is using. Any extra charges may also be charged according to the Service being offered.