Enjoy a Range Of Services at the Pisa (PSA) airport
The airport is among the best two in the region of Tuscany. This facility is also called Galileo Galilee. The name comes from a scientist formally based here. It is situated 15km north city of Pisa. Daily domestic and international flights operate in this airport. Over 3.8 million customers pass through. Despite having a single terminal, it is the largest facility in this city. A train connects it to Maria Novella. Bus services link it to the city centre and Florence. In addition to a foreign exchange bureau, the airport has several ATMs.
Two restaurants, post offices, and recreation facilities are present. Duty free buy-spots and an entertainment center for children are available. Many information desks for bus tickets are located at the reception. Emergency rooms and health facilities are on standby 24/7. Wi-Fi internet and phone booths everywhere for passengers. A police station guarantees you safety in this facility. Also present is a spacious packing and a fully furnished business centre.
This facility derives its name from a philosopher. He died in early 1642. In the 1980s, reorganization of the facility increased its scale of operation. The following years saw low cost carriers stream the airport. A high tourism level was sustained from then on. The facility is growing on a high rate. Its projection is to be a first class air facility. More plans are underway to realize this ambition.
This facility is rapidly growing. The need to handle larger aircrafts notwithstanding. Currently, the airport houses several aircrafts. More middle size types of planes operate here. However, the airport is going through renovations to handle larger planes.
This airport has been performing well. Many awards have come its way due to its high efficiency levels. Notably among them are:
· Awarded for growing rapidly. Most airlines show interest in using this airport. They are thus willing to collaborate with the local authorities to further develop it. If successful, it will emerge as the region’s preferred entry and exit point.
· Awarded for being the best airport in under the 10 million annual capacity airports. Organization at the airport is impressive. This is due to its proximity to tourist facilities like hotels. Rental cars are in close range at affordable fees.
Routes and destinations
This air facility is well connected worldwide. It inter-operates with most of the US airports. These include Las Vegas, Boston, and Chicago. When using Singapore airport, comfortably plan your flights to Asia. Major European countries can be accessed via this airport. Remember the airport operates other minor ones like Auckland, Bristol, and Cardiff airports. Towards Spain, many options emanate from this airport. Barcelona, Bilbao, and Valencia airlines are just a few among them. Pisa airport has extremely efficient connections to Geneva and Eindhoven Airport. It is also directly connected to South America. More other destinations are connected to this airport.
Why Fly Through Pisa (PSA)?
How to Check-In
Standard check-in procedures vary with airlines. The airport avails a suitable environment to complete this process. The following are common among most airlines using this facility.
· Mobile check-in - In this modern era, everything has gone digital. Most of the procedures can be done through mobile apps. Just download this app then run it. Use it to get your airlines flight details.
· Web check-in - Involves liaising with your airlines’ official website. Just log in and search for the check-in section. Make sure to confirm with the availability section. Great care has to be taken to complete the process. This process must be done two weeks in advance.
· Personal check-in - This involves physical going to the airport. Specific counters are operational for this purpose. Confirm with those agents for fine flight details. Among all other check-in avenues, this is the best.
Baggage and Allowance
This decision solely lies with the airline of your choice. All the airport does is to ensure contents are secure. Over the years, something common in these procedures applies to most airlines. That is, a single checked bag and an additional boarding bag. The checked bag goes through airport screening. Use the carry-on bag for personal items. Too much cash is at your own risk. For dimension measures, confirm with your airline for finer details.
Generally, the airport has a fixed seating plan. However, different sections are available for incoming and outgoing passengers. Your travel airline decides its own plan. There are different provisions for legroom and flexibility. Three different options exist across most airlines. These are super, premium, and standard seats. Your type of travel class determines much on this.
It depends with your airlines for options. The most common mode of booking is through the internet. Travel agencies are also at your disposal. This fee however varies with seasons. Low season attracts low costs as compared to high season. Check with your airline for finer details.