Flights to Hong Kong
Flights to Hong Kong
Hong Kong – China’s World City
Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region of China and is famous for its extensive skyline and deep natural harbour. The city is located on the southern coast of China and is enclosed by the South China Sea and Pearl River delta.
Carriers flying from India to Hong Kong are Jet Airways, Cathay Pacific, Air India, Dragonair. Other airlines flying to Hong Kong are Emirates, Sri Lankan Airlines, Aeroflot, Singapore Airlines, China Eastern, Thai AirAsia, Thai Airways, Japan Airlines, Mihin Lanka, Malaysia Airlines, China Airlines, Royal Nepal Airlines, AirAsia, Malindo Air, Finnair, Etihad Airways, ANA, Kenya Airways, Qatar Airways, Asiana Airlines, EL AL Israel Airlines, Air China, Korean Air, Mega Maldives, Tigerair, Ethiopian Airlines, Air Astana, Bangkok Airways, Turkish Airlines, Myanmar National Airlines.
How to find cheap flights to Hong Kong?
With the help of Skyscanner, users can easily compare flight availability of different airlines. Skyscanner is a leading travel search engine that simplifies your travel experience by providing you with a wide range of booking options.
- Skyscanner’s price alert tool sends notifications whenever there is a change in price. Regular updates are sent from time to time, so that you can plan your holiday based on your budget. Based on your convenience, you can always modify your subscription.
- To know the cheapest month or day when you can travel to Hong Kong, take a look at our month view tool and book your tickets accordingly.
Things to do in Hong Kong
From heritage places to natural attractions and fun activities, there is no end to entertainment options for tourists in Hong Kong.
- The most popular tourist destination in Hong Kong is Victoria Peak for the spectacular view of the Peak Tower and other skyscrapers from atop. If you are interested in natural attractions, then do visit the Lamma, Lantau, Cheung Chau islandsand Peng Chau, which are just a ferry ride away from the coast of Hong Kong. Ocean Park and Hong Kong Disneyland are the perfect places to enjoy exciting rides and adventure activities. Watching the Symphony, from the Avenue of Stars at Kowloon Promenade, would be a memorable experience. If you are a religion and architecture buff, the 44 m. high Clock tower and the 34 m. high Tian Tian Buddha are must-visit sites. The glamorous nightlife of Hong Kong is also a major attraction.
- The culinary experience of Hong Kong will leave you craving for more. Hong Kong is popular for its steamed pork buns and dim sums. While Cantonese cuisine is most popular, there is no shortage of Sichuanese, Shanghainese, European or any other international cuisine. From French Molecular Cuisine to Monkfish Liver Sushi, the choices for foodies in Hong Kong are endless.
- Like any other cosmopolitan region, there are infinite shopping options in Hong Kong. Local souvenirs can be found at places like the temple street night market and Sun, Moon and Stars Street in Wan Chai. The unbelievable variety of the region’s indigenous as well as international trade offering will leave you fascinated. Haute couture, mystical stones, street labels, works of art, gadgetry and porcelain are among the major bargains in Hong Kong.
Before you fly to Hong Kong
Visa for Indians flying to Hong Kong
To visit Hong Kong, Indian residents need to have valid documents, such as an Indian passport. You can visit Hong Kong without a visa for a limited period of 14 days. If you want to stay for more than 14 days, a visa is required. Check out the official tourism board of Hong Kong, for more information on applications and procedures.
Best time to visit Hong Kong
Hong Kong experiences humid subtropical climate having hot and humid summers from the month of May to July, and cool winters from the month of November to February. Hong Kong receives maximum rainfall during May to September. The appropriate time to visit Hong Kong is during October to mid-March when the weather is the most favourable.
Time and weather difference between India and Hong Kong
Hong Kong is 2 hours 30 minutes ahead of India. The weather of the city is similar to that of India, the only difference being that the winter season in India is colder than that of Hong Kong.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Hong Kong
1 Hong Kong Dollar is equal to 8.6 Indian Rupees. The cost of living in Hong Kong is much higher than India.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to your destination
The population of over seven million people makes Honk Kong one of the most densely inhabited areas in the world. 93.6% of the people are of Chinese descent while the rest form 6.4%. Cantonese is the chief language spoken in Hong Kong, in addition to English. The majority of people in Hong Kong are atheists, with Taoism, Buddhism and Confucianism being practiced by 43% of the total population.
Following are a few dos and don’ts which one must abide by when traveling to Hong Kong
- Smoking in public transportation is prohibited in Hong Kong
- Huge fines can be levied, if you are caught spitting on the roads of Hong Kong.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 19th August 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.