Flights to Israel
Flights to Israel
The Wondrous Israel
Offering riveting cultural riches, Israel is one of the must-see tourist destinations in the world. Surrounded by the three seas – Mediterranean Sea, Red Sea and the Dead Sea, this country offers more than just spiritual enlightenment. Nowadays, it has also gained popularity for adventurous escapades like hiking, trekking, exploring desert craters or enjoying shifting dunes.
Carriers flying from India to Israel are EL AL Israel Airlines. Other airlines flying to Israel are Turkish Airlines, Swiss, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Air France, Air China, British Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Uzbekistan Airways, Thai Airways, KLM, Finnair, Aeroflot, Austrian Airlines.
How to find cheap flights to Israel?
Skyscanner, a global travel search engine, helps you find the cheapest flights to Israel. It compares the available ticket prices of the airlines and other travel agents and provides you with the best deals.
- The price alert tool notifies you of the slightest change in the flight prices via regular emails.
- The month view tool helps you decide which is the cheapest month to fly to Israel.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Israel?
The countries section on the Skyscanner page helps you find the cheapest city to travel to Israel. It provides a brief description of the country, its cities and their respective air fares.
Domestic travel between cities
- The Israel Railways provides the best railroad network to travel between the cities. A high-speed train line is under construction that is expected to be operational from 2018 onwards.
- Buses are the cheapest, fastest, most reliable and common form of public transport in Israel. An extensive national network of buses is run by the public corporation, which is the second-largest bus network in the world.
- Known as monit sherut, the Israeli taxis are like the minivans that provide a faster service than the buses. They are quicker and reliable transport medium in Israel that offers longer operational hours.
- Israel has a wonderful network of modern and well-maintained road highways that connect all parts of the country via roads. If you are in Israel, car renting is one of the best options to get around. The major car rental agencies and the local agencies of Israel are there to help you with this.
Things to do in Israel
Israel, a brimming pot of Islam, Judaism and Christianity, is one country that binds three major religions together. Serving as one of the holiest places in the world, it is also an important tourist destination in the Middle East. Visit the spiritual centre, Jerusalem and explore the innate eternity, tinge of history and remarkable architectural remains from the yesteryears in this old city. Visit Dome of the Rock, Israel Museum, City of David, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Western Wall Tunnels and bazaars like Mahane Yehuda Market. If you want to witness the modern and urban side of Israel, then Tel Aviv is the place to be.
Before you fly to Things to do in Israel
Visa for Indians flying to Things to do in Israel
You can download online visa application forms to apply for a visa to Israel. For further detailed information on the prerequisites of visa, kindly refer to the official web page of the Indian Embassy in Israel.
Best time to visit Things to do in Israel
Spring is the best time to visit Israel. The country remains in full bloom this time for the immediate winter rains. Temperature remains moderate and hiking in the north is preferred during this season.
Time difference and weather between India and Israel
India is 2 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Israel. Israel experiences the extremes of temperatures during the summers and the winters. The temperatures may rise or fall during these seasons. There are four prevalent seasons that one can experience in Israel– Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Israel
1 Israeli Shekel is equal to 17 Indian Rupees.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Israel
The culture of Israel majorly reflects the Jewish culture, history and ideology. It is considered to be the cultural hub for the three important religions in the world. Before travelling to Israel, some interesting things that you should follow are:
- Do not pass any derogatory comments on religion or politics.
- At local markets, make sure that you bargain and negotiate as the shopkeepers often quote high prices.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 14th September 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.