Flights to Saudi Arabia
Flights to Saudi Arabia
A Trip to Saudi Arabia
Visit Saudi Arabia for its richness and colour of life, vibrant history, landscape, archaeology and geography. Saudi Arabia has beautifully varied landscapes, mountain peaks, enormous oasis, slopes, stunning caves, large deserts, canyons, plateaus and lovely beaches.
Airlines that fly from India to Saudi Arabia are Saudia, Air India, Jet Airways, Air India Express. Other airlines flying to Saudi Arabia are Emirates, Turkish Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airways, British Airways, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, Etihad Airways, Lufthansa, Scoot, Oman Air, EgyptAir, PIA, Gulf Air, Malaysia Airlines, Korean Air, flydubai, Ethiopian Airlines, Mega Maldives, SriLankan Airlines, Mihin Lanka, Kenya Airways, Kuwait Airways, Air France, Ariana Afghan.
How to find cheap flights from India to Saudi Arabia?
The global metasearch engine of Skyscanner makes the best deals to Saudi Arabia available to you, by comparing prices of all airlines and travel agents.
- Subscribe to our price alert tool, which will give you email notifications regarding latest fares and discount offers. It also alerts you regarding price changes, enabling you to plan your vacation according to your budget.
- You can find out the cheapest month to travel to Saudi Arabia with the help of our month view tool and book your tickets accordingly.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Saudi Arabia?
Refer to the countries section on Skyscanner homepage and select your desired country. You will be redirected to a page that gives a brief description about the country as well as a list of all the major cities and their airfares.
Domestic travel between cities
- Due to the country’s vastness, the most practical way to travel between cities in Saudi Arabia is by plane. Regular flights interconnect the cities, with the cheapest one-way fare being around INR 5500/ USD 80.
- The cities of Saudi Arabia are also well-connected by road; the only disadvantage is that most of the bus stations are far from city centres. The buses are all modern and air conditioned. The average bus fare is around INR 1000/ USD 20. VIP bus services are also available with top-class facilities, but these services are few and far between.
- You can also get around the country in a rented car or taxi. You can drive yourself around the country if you have a valid driving license; it is illegal for women to drive in Saudi Arabia.
Things to do in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has always attracted travellers down the centuries with its Bedouin traditions, culture and trade routes. In recent years, the country has risen in wealth and modernization thanks to the huge pools of oil reserves found here. Saudi Arabia is also home to Mecca and Medina, the two most important pilgrimage centres for Muslims. During the Hajj (pilgrimage) season, Saudi Arabia plays host to thousands of people from all over the world.
Make it a point to visit the many historical and beautiful mosques dotted about the country. The golden desert is the perfect venue for a thrilling desert safari. The cities along the Mediterranean coast offer visitors with myriad opportunities for beachside fun. Sample the delicious Arabic cuisine and take your taste buds on a delightful gastronomical journey. Traverse the colourful local markets and purchase souvenirs and other interesting knick-knacks for your loved ones back home.
Before you fly to Saudi Arabia
Visa for Indians flying to Saudi Arabia
Hajj visas can be obtained from licensed agencies of the Ministry of Hajj or the Hajj Committee of India.
Tourist visas are granted only for those people visiting family or friends in the country; you can also obtain a tourist visa if you have a sponsor in the country. Women travelling alone to Saudi Arabia must be met at the airport by their sponsor or a male relative; otherwise entry will be denied. You will need to submit a valid passport along with other necessary documents while applying for visa.
Best time to visit Saudi Arabia
The best time to visit Saudi Arabia is between the months of November and February. The cool climate of this season is perfect for enjoying the sights of the country.
Time and weather difference between India and Saudi Arabia
The weather in Saudi Arabia is drastically different from India. The country has a desert climate with day time temperatures soaring above 42 ⁰C. But once night falls, the temperature drops and the weather becomes cool. During the winter season, the day time temperature hovers around 21 ⁰C and drops even further at night.
India is 2 hours and 30 minutes ahead of the time zone of Saudi Arabia.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Saudi Arabia
The currency of Saudi Arabia is known as Saudi Riyal (SAR). 1 Indian Rupee is equal to 0.056 Saudi Riyal.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Saudi Arabia
The culture of Saudi Arabia is closely intertwined with Islam. The society is very conservative and traditional, and follows the teachings of Islam quite rigidly. In fact, it is illegal in the country to publicly practise a religion other than Islam. An ancient centre of trade, Saudi Arabia is famous for its Bedouin traditions as well.
- Due to its traditional society, alcoholic beverages and pork meat are forbidden in Saudi Arabia; be careful that you do not bring any such substance with you on your visit.
- Drug possession is punishable by death.
- Do not carry religious artefacts and texts of faiths other than Islam.
- Women must always be accompanied by a male relative while in public; they are also required to wear the traditional black abaya in public.
- Always conduct yourself in a reserved manner and respect local customs.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 12th May 2017.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.