Flights to Turkey
Flights to Turkey
Turkey – Kaleidoscope of History & Cultures
A country rich in culture and historic legacy, Turkey, officially known as the Republic of Turkey lies on the borders of Asia and continental Europe. The country, with its magnificent past offers wealth of historical sites, beautiful mountain backdrops, serene coastlines and authentic massages making it one of top tourist destinations in the world, drawing over 31 million foreign visitors annually.
Carriers flying from India to Turkey Turkish Airlines. Other airlines flying to Turkey are Air India, Aeroflot, Air Astana, Emirates, Kuwait Airways, Uzbekistan Airways, Etihad Airways, KLM, Turkmenistan Airlines, Qatar Airways, flydubai, IranAir, Saudia, Air France, Mahan Air, Thai Airways, Gulf Air, Iraqi Airways, Singapore Airlines, Asiana Airlines, PIA, Jet Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Korean Air, Oman Air, ANA, Swiss, British Airways, EgyptAir, Thomas Cook Airlines, Lufthansa, Air China.
How to find cheap flights to Turkey?
Skyscanner’s global metasearch engine provides the best deals to Turkey available to you, by comparing prices of all airlines and travel agents.
- After you have fixed your dates for your much-awaited trip to Turkey, you can subscribe to our price alert tool to keep track of frequent price changes in air fares. Book your ticket within an affordable rate and avail the amazing discounts that it offers. There is also the option to modify or unsubscribe the alerts, as per your convenience.
- You can also make use of our month view tool to figure out the cheapest month/day to land in Turkey, thereby helping you cut down on your travelling expenses.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Turkey?
If you want to find the cheapest place to travel to in Turkey, refer to the countries section that will lead you to a page covering a list of the most visited locations along with their air fares. Go for the city that can be reached at the lowest cost.
Domestic travel between cities
Local transport in Turkey is greatly favoured and is available in various forms.
- All major cities across the country, including Istanbul, Izmir, Bursa and Ankara are linked via underground metros.
- City buses are another common mode of transport, along with trams and local minibuses. You must collect your ticket from the ticket kiosks, that comes for a minimal fare of INR 21.61/ USD 0.32.
- Taxi services are widely available for you to tour around the various places around the country. However, be careful regarding the rental charges as many drivers tend to demand an exorbitant amount that might cause you trouble. Also, make sure you remind the driver to start the digital meter installed within all private as well as public cars. For further information, have a look into our car hire option.
Things to do in Turkey
Nestled amidst a cluster of water bodies, the Republic of Turkey is a country that abounds in a refined culture and boasts of a remarkable historic legacy.
- Istanbul in Turkey is a much sought-after tourist hub housing scores of attractions like the renowned Hagia Sofia Museum, the Blue Mosque, the Topkapi Palace, the Galata Tower and many more. The country is also home to the ancient city of Ephesus that holds the reputation of being one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Cappadocia is another must-visit spot where you can catch a glimpse of marvellous natural rock formations.
- The authentic kebabs and lip-smacking desserts available here are much favoured across the globe. Moreover, Turkish coffee is a UNESCO listed beverage that epitomises the deep-rooted culture of the country.
- Turkey is a paradise for all shopaholics around the world. The wide-ranging merchandise that it offers includes hand-woven traditional carpets, ethnic jewellery, handicraft items, pottery and ceramics to name a few.
Before you fly to Turkey
Visa for Indians flying to Turkey
Before you apply for a visa to Turkey, verify the purpose of your visit to the country. You can apply for your visa online by visiting the website of Indian Embassy, Ankara. Do not forget to carry the required documents and fees which are to be submitted during your interview.
Best time to visit Turkey
The ideal time to go for a vacation to Turkey is during the months of April and May when the spring season is at its peak. The temperature remains clement, complemented by an azure sky and soothing breeze. The autumn season, that falls between the months of September and mid-November, is also considered to be a good time to visit Turkey.
Time and weather difference between India and Turkey
India is 2 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Turkey. The country experiences a Mediterranean climate, characterised by hot and dry summers and cold winters with heavy snowfall.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Turkey
1 Indian Rupee is equivalent to 0.046 Turkish Lira.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Turkey
The culture of Turkey is extensively heterogeneous, showcasing a mixture of Eastern and Western traditions. The Ottoman Empire of the medieval era has a crucial impact on the social system of the country. However, the process of modernization in the recent times has brought about a substantial change in the lifestyle of the people here.
Here are some rules that Indians should be aware of and follow.
- Make sure you wear proper clothes. Shorts and dresses are not allowed to be worn in public places.
- Do not make any comment on their religion or any emblem that carries national significance.
- Do not click pictures of the locals without asking their permission.
NOTE: All the information mentioned above is correct as of 28th September 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.