On your Bali honeymoon, you won’t need a list of the ‘Most romantic things to do’. That’s because everything in Bali is unsurprisingly romantic. The lush green paddy fields of Ubud, the crystal clear waters of Seminyak and the unmatched views from Mount Batur – all scream romance. The icing on the cake is Bali’s warm hospitality that promises to treat you like royalty.
Here are some remarkable reasons to select Bali for your honeymoon:
1. Secret beaches
Bali’s many hidden beaches fit the bill perfectly for couples craving to skip the crowds and spend some quality time on seashores. Whether it is the Balangan Beach with its sugary sand or the Geger Beach with its emerald waters, Bali’s hidden beach gems promise to provide a perfect backdrop for a romantic sunset date. When you have had plentiful of the soft white sand, head to Amed beach, a unique black-sand (volcanic sand) beach just two hours away from the airport. The contrast of the dark sand against the soft auburn hues of the sky is a sight you and your spouse will remember for a long time.
Once you have enjoyed abundant ‘we’ time on secluded beaches, head to the crowded but magnificent Tanah Lot temple from 4pm to 6pm to witness one of the best sunsets of your life.
2. Soothing spas
If you and your sweetheart cannot wait to melt away all the wedding stress, Bali is the best honeymoon choice. We say this because Bali is a spa haven. From the regular, relaxing massages to distinctive décor and techniques, the spas here have it all. If you want to get a taste of paradise, head to Thermes Marins & Spa On the Rocks (Ayana Resort and Spa Bali), a luxurious spa situated on a limestone cliff offering spectacular ocean views. Surprise your new wife/husband by booking an opulent ‘Chocolate Love’ package for two, which includes a scrub, a wrap and a massage (of course, all with chocolate) at Fivelements, Puri Ahimsa. We are sure these spas will not only rejuvenate you but also make you feel like royals. After all, who doesn’t love all the pampering?
3. Visa on arrival
The best part about planning a honeymoon to Bali is you can do it without worrying about the visa requirements and approvals. Yes! That’s because the Balinese Government welcomes Indians with open arms and without any visa necessities. Once you land in Bali, you will receive a free entry stamp on your passport, which is valid for 30 days. You only need to ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months and has a page for the entry stamp. Doesn’t it sound heavenly? No visa stress after all that heavy-duty wedding planning. What more do you want!
We are sure your wallets will be begging for some solace after settling down all those long wedding bills. Bali, with its affordable but lavish accommodation and food options, tops the list of the value-for-money international destinations from India. Legian and Sanur, with their immaculate beaches, plenty of stay options and a wide variety of restaurants, are the perfect bases for honeymooners. A beautiful, 4-star property can cost you as low as INR3,000 per night during the high season (May-July) and lower during the off-season. Plus, there are many gorgeous homestay options across Bali that assure ample privacy and comfort. Other things such as food, shopping, adventure sports and spa services are also cheaper than those at most other international beach destinations.
Read more: 5 places to visit in Bali
Handy travel tips for the honeymooners in Bali:
- Decide your base according to what activities you want to indulge in. If you are looking for a quiet holiday with ample of rejuvenation and romance, Kuta isn’t the right choice. If you want a dose of culture and art on your Bali honeymoon, nothing will satiate you more than Ubud.
- Dress moderately before entering any temple in Bali. Better, carry a sarong.
- Be careful while hiring a taxi in Bali as many of them do not have certified meters and deceive tourists by charging them exorbitant rates. Before you start your ride, make sure you check that the meter is on and get an idea of the approximate fare. Alternatively, you could hire a car in Bali.
- Make sure you pack all the trip essentials for your Bali honeymoon. We are sure this exhaustive list will help you.
- If you are visiting any crowded beaches or markets, make sure you keep your belongings safe.
- Set at least 6 nights aside for your honeymoon in Bali to get a flavour of all it has to offer.
- Don’t be surprised if you don’t feel like leaving Bali and promise yourself that you will be back soon.
How to reach Bali
Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport, also known as Denpasar International Airport, connects it to most of the countries in the world. The airport is about 13kms south of Denpasar and very well connected by cab.
Looking for a cheap ticket to Bali? Set a Price Alert and we’ll let you know when the price changes.
Now that you know all about honeymooning in Bali, you can plan and book that trip right away. Book your flights, hotel or rent a car with Skyscanner today. You can do all of these on our mobile app too.