Indonesia is one of the best countries to visit and has been at the top of the list for most tourists, especially Indians. From the socially varied Medan, the water haven Raja Ampat in West Papua, the beach magnet Bali, Jakarta’s urbane culture, home to Mt. Rinjani, Lombok, deluxe resorts at Bintan Island or the aromatic waters of Banyuwangi, there is plenty you can explore and enjoy.
Of course, all the other things from the food to the culture are like the cherry on top, that makes for an incredible holiday. But don’t let your plans derail because you haven’t got an Indonesia visa yet?
Do Indian passport holders need an Indonesia Visa?
No, they do not. The visa regulations for Indians travelling to Indonesia have been simplified. 2016 saw Indonesia become a visa-free destination for Indian passport holders especially for tourism. To make it easier for you to understand the visa rule, Skyscanner has curated a list of things you must do to get a visa for Indonesia.
Types of Visa to Indonesia
Short stay visa: This kind of visa allows you to stay up to 30 days in Indonesia at a time whether you are travelling to attend conferences, visiting friends and relatives or being a tourist only if you don’t engage in any form paid activities like business or work. This visa is free for Indian passport holders.
Visa on Arrival: Indians do not need to apply for an Indonesia visa abroad. You can just purchase the visa at the arrival hall once you’ve landed in Indonesia. With this visa, you can stay for more than 30 days but only up to 60 days from the date of arrival. This visa is valid for 30 days and can be extended once for another 30 days. You may have to pay for visa extension and visa agent fees if required.Find Cheap Flights to Indonesia
Social and Cultural Visa B-211: Indians must apply for an Indonesia Visa if they plan to stay for a social and cultural visit. This Visa is valid for 60 days. This visa can be extended up to 4 times for a stay of 30 days each time. Getting a visa agent to help you will be easier. You need a sponsor’s letter to get this kind of visa.
Long stay visa: This kind of visa allows you to stay for more than 60 days in Indonesia at a time whether you wish to get a work permit, want to visit multiple times, study or engage in any form paid activities like a business.
Indonesia Visa Application Process
If you wish to travel to Indonesia, you will need a valid passport, visa and other relevant documents.The following are the papers you need for a tourist visa to Indonesia.
- A completed online application form;
- Original passport with minimum with 2 blank pages;
- 1 photocopy of the original passport (that includes the personal identity pages, any pages containing any modifications/comments/adjustments and pages that have the latest Indonesian visa if any);
- 1 passport size photo – 3 x 4 cm on a red background;
- Original cover or request letter sent to the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in New Delhi from the applicant or the employer or institution;
- 1 copy of the Resident Certificate from the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of India with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of departure to Indonesia (for non-Indian nationals residing in India only);
- No Objection letter in original from the applicant’s parents or family member for students travelling unaccompanied;
- Submit the application and documents at the visa counter of the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in New Delhi, 50-A, Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, 110021. *Remember use paper clips and not staples.
Please note * Overseas Citizen of India(OCI) card holders must apply for an Indonesia visa at the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in New Delhi. Non-Indian nationals who are non-residents in India are requested to apply for an Indonesia visa at the Indonesian Embassies or Consulates in their home country before their visit to India.
How much does a visa to Indonesia cost?
The visa costs for Indonesia depend on the visa category you are applying for. A single-entry long-term Indonesia visa for an Indian citizen costs INR 3300 and multiple entry visas costs INR 7260.
A single transit visa may cost around INR 3300 for Indian citizens. Remember these are the generic charges.Based on your travel purpose, your citizenship you may or may not have to pay fees and the fee amounts may differ. To know more click here
How to Reach Indonesia
Indonesia is easily accessible through direct flights to Bali, and Jakarta. You can also choose connecting flights from metro cities like Bengaluru, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad, and Pune for Indonesia. Once in Indonesia, you can make use of local transport to move around the city.
To book flight tickets and hotels
Let Skyscanner help you plan your trip or holiday. If you don’t know the dates yet, but know where you will depart from use everywhere search to get an idea about flights to different destinations. Don’t mind travelling on any day? Check the monthly view to find the best dates.