Cheap flights from Bengaluru to Chennai
Flight information Bengaluru to Chennai
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 268 kilometres
How to compare and get the best flights from Bangalore to Chennai?
- The price table above shows the lowest 2-way flight prices from Bangalore to Chennai for each month. Clicking on the price will take you to a calendar view to choose specific dates as per your itinerary.
- If you are planning well in advance, you can set-up Skyscanner's price alerts to get notification whenever there is a price change from Bangalore to Chennai flight tickets
What you need to know before flying from Bengaluru (Bangalore) to Chennai?
Airport information for Bengaluru and Chennai
Bengaluru 560 300,
Chennai 600 027,
Getting to Bengaluru Airport
- Domestic Flights operate out of Terminal 1.
- NH7 connects the city to Terminal 1.
- State run buses connect various parts of Bengaluru to Terminal 1.
- App based taxis are the most popular mode of transport to the airport.
Travelling from Chennai Airport
- All domestic flights from Chennai International Airport operate from Terminal 1.
- Terminal 1 can be accessed by road via NH45 or by train at the Tirusulam Railway station.
- Most popular and trusted modes of transportation are the app based cabs as well as radio cabs.
- Travellers can also rent a car from the airport by clicking here.
Facilities at Bengaluru and Chennai Airports
- Bengaluru Airport has a VIP Lounge and a premium Lounge with high speed Wi-Fi, live cooking counters and a day spa. There is free Wi-Fi in both the terminals with duty free shopping and food courts; there are dine-in restaurants too.
- Chennai International Airport has a paid Wi-Fi service. The terminal also has a business centre, food court, FOREX services, ATMs and a shopping area.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from Bengaluru to Chennai
Chennai at a glance
Chennai, formerly known as Madras, is the capital of Tamil Nadu and home to the Tamil Film Industry. The city is a busy port and a bustling metropolis, which has rightly earned the nickname ‘Gateway to South India’. Located on the Coromandal Coast overlooking the Bay of Bengal, Chennai straddles a total area of 427 square kilometers and boasts of several scenic beaches such as Covelong’s Beach, Elliot’s Beach and Marina Beach.
Weather in Chennai
Average daytime highs range from 40 - 28 degrees Celsius between summers and winters. Night time averages have a marginal difference ranging between 27 - 20 degrees Celsius. Humidity is generally high throughout the year. The monsoons usually arrive at mid-October and last till mid-December.
Cost of Living in Chennai
Taxis from the airport to the city can cost up to INR 500 (USD 7.41). Travelling in Chennai can be a nightmare for newbies. Auto rickshaws do not run on meters, they are known to overcharge. Always ask locals for rough estimates on auto rates. The safest option is the newly introduced smart phone app based taxi services.
Mode of payments accepted in Chennai
All establishments accept only Indian Rupees while most shops accept cards major credit and debit cards.
Best places for your first meal in Chennai
Kick start your day with a steaming cup of south-Indian filter coffee and have a hearty breakfast of Dosas, Idlis, Vadas and Iddiyapams with Sambhar and coconut/tomato chutney. For lunch and dinner, try out the wide variety of fiery vegetarian and non-vegetarian curries that blend perfectly with rice and pappadams. South Indian meals are traditionally served on banana leaves, which are believed to have a cleansing effect on the system. Apart from the local cuisine, Chennai also has plenty of restaurants serving Italian, Continental, North Indian and Oriental fare. Cholayil Sanjeevanam, Paprika at The Marriot (Multicuisine), Little Italy (Italian), Simar (North Indian and Punjabi) and Benjarong (Oriental) are some popular eating joints. T Nagar has many restaurants that showcase native Tamil cuisines as well as popular cuisines of India. A meal here will cost between INR 200-500 (USD 2.96-7.41).
Being the seat of Carnatic music and Bharatnatyam, a south Indian classical dance form, Chennai is rich and vibrant on the cultural front. Madras Music Season and Chennai Sangamam are annual cultural events that showcase classical music and artistic talent from across the country. While Kalakshetra, Madras Music Academy and Sir Mutha Venkatasubba Rao Concert Hall frequently host classical dance and music performances, Apparao Galleries and Cholamandal Artists’ Village are shrines for art enthusiasts.
Chennai History & Architecture
Chennai abounds in beautiful temples such as the chariot-shaped Valuuvar Kottam, Vadapalani Temple and Kandaswamy Temple – all of which are breathtaking examples of Dravidian architecture. On the other hand, Fort St Geaorge and St Thomas Church are reminiscent of the Colonial rule.
Shopping in Chennai
Chennai is synonymous with its opulent silks. Therefore, a visit to Nalli should definitely be on your shopping agenda. For the contemporary and untraditional, Chennai presents a bevy of fashion boutiques such as Rehane, Fuschia, Ambrosia, Luxxe Box, Evoluzion, Studio Saks and Collage. Malls such as Gold Mall, Spencer Plaza, City Centre and Express Avenue offer an unmatched shopping experience.
Documents required to travel from Bangalore to Chennai
Passengers travelling from Bangalore to Chennai must carry any one of the identity card listed below
- Valid Passport
- Pan card
- Valid driving license
- Election photo identification card
- In case of children, their school identification card or any other photo identification proof
- In case of infants, a valid birth certificate
Major airlines that operate from Bangalore to Chennai
FAQ on Flights from Bangalore to Chennai
- Q1: How can I book cheap Bengaluru to Chennai flight tickets online? A: Use Skyscanner's flight search above and fill in your travel dates and click on "Search Flights". You can now choose the desired flight to Chennai from the list.
- Q2: How Skyscanner is different from online travel agents? A: Skyscanner search engine pulls flight prices from all the major airlines and online travel agents like MakeMytrip,ClearTrip, Yatra, Goibibo etc., Hence you don’t have to check multiple websites to find the best price. Once you find your cheap flights & click to select, we link you directly to the airline or travel agent. No hidden charges, no added fees.
Q3: Which is the cheapest month to book flights from Bengaluru to Chennai?
A: Check the bar chart at the top to find the cheapest month to fly from Bengaluru to Chennai. The chart is based on the next 12 months price data we have.
Q4: Should I opt for a travel insurance while flying from of Bengaluru to Chennai?
A: It's always safe to travel with a travel insurance.
Q5: Should I opt for on board food while travelling from Bengaluru to Chennai?
A: Its suggested to opt for on board meals while flying to Chennai.
Q6: What is the check in luggage limit in Bengaluru to Chennai flights?
A: Generally, 15 kg is the allowed baggage limit for an economy class passenger flying from Bengaluru to Chennai. Its advised to check your baggage limit that is printed on your ticket as it varies from airline to airline.
Q7: What is the hand baggage limit in Bengaluru to Chennai flights?
A: 7 to 10 kg is the allowed hand luggage limit while flying from Bengaluru to Chennai. For most recent updates on the hand luggage weight, contact respective airlines.
Q8: What is the advantage of doing a web check in while flying from Bengaluru?
A: Web check-in confirms your travel while flying from Bengaluruand saves your time at the check-in counter.
Q9: How can I change my Bengaluru to Chennai travel dates after booking?
A: Before check-in, the respective flight operator will allow you to change your travel dates. Generally, its chargeable based on the rescheduled date. It is recommended to contact respective airlines to know about the charges.
Q10: How do I subscribe for Skyscanner's price alerts for cheap fares from Bengaluru to Chennai?
A: Use Skyscanner's price alert tool to get notified about cheap fares from Bengaluru to Chennai.
Information and Data provided on this page is correct as of Sep 15th, 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.