Cheap flights from New Delhi to Stockholm Arlanda
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Stockholm...
- Sat 7 DecDELARNLOTIndirectOne way from ₹ 18,334
- Wed 11 DecDELARNLOTIndirectOne way from ₹ 18,334
- Mon 2 DecDELARNLOTIndirectOne way from ₹ 18,348
Flight information New Delhi to Stockholm Arlanda
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 5587 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from New Delhi to Stockholm?
Looking for the best deal on flights from New Delhi to Stockholm, the capital of Sweden? Try Skyscanner’s bar chart and you can be assured of getting the best deal.
- Hover your mouse above the bars on the bar chart to view the prices of flight tickets from New Delhi to Stockholm, month by month. Next, choose the month and travel dates you want from those available and you can book the best priced flights from New Delhi to Stockholm.
- Would you like to stay updated about changes in price flights from New Delhi to Stockholm? Subscribe now to Skyscanner’s price alert facility.
What you need to know before flying from New Delhi to Stockholm?
New Udaan Bhavan, Opp. T3 IGI Airport, New Delhi – 110037, India
Luftfartsverket Arlanda, S-190 45 Stockholm Arlanda, Sweden
Getting to New Delhi airport
- Indira Gandhi airport has two domestic and one international terminal (T3), with all the facilities for travellers, to meet their every need.
- The airport is 20 km south of the city, on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway.
- There are a multitude of options for travellers to reach the airport, like prepaid cabs, metered taxis or rickshaws, or by catching the Orange Line of the Delhi metro.
Travelling from Stockholm airport
- Stockholm Arlanda airport is located 40 km north of Stockholm, in Stockholm County and is the larger of the two airports that services Stockholm and its surroundings.
- An inexpensive way to get from Stockholm Arlanda airport to the city is with the Flygbussarna Airport Coaches, which depart every 10-5 minutes and take between 35-45 minutes to reach the city.
- Arlanda express train, which departs every 15 minutes, has a run time of 20 minutes to reach the city.
- There are also commuter trains that depart every half hour and take around 45 minutes. Taxis are also available, but do keep in mind that fares can fluctuate as there is no regulation on pricing.
- To hire a car, go here.
Facilities at New Delhi and Stockholm airports
- Indira Gandhi airport offers free Wi-Fi for 45 minutes. Currency exchange services, ATMs and banks are available for travellers. Restaurants, snack bars, cafes, and bars, are spread across the terminal and there are quite a few choices for travellers. New Delhi airport also has places for travellers to rest, and there are lounges as well.
- Stockholm Arlanda airport boasts of four terminals, and has a plethora of dining including international gourmet cuisine, and shopping options, with a range of duty free shopping options also. There is free Wi-Fi access too.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New Delhi to Stockholm
There are no non-stop flights betweenNew Delhi andStockholm. Average time taken for the journey, including one stop-over, is 10 to 12 hours. Stockholm, as Sweden’s capital, has a vast range of interesting activities and sites to visit. Music fans click here. Travellers can spend their time on-board reading up on their destination, sleeping, and can also try the on-board food and drink varieties too.
New Delhi is 4h 30min ahead of Stockholm, Sweden
Weather in Stockholm
Stockholm has quite cool weather. Summer-time average temperatures in the month of July, which is considered the hottest (and wettest) month, run around 18 degrees Celsius. Winter lows average at minus 3 degrees Celsius, in January. Sweden experiences its shortest day of the year in December, when there is barely 6 hours between sunrise and sunset. The longest day, in June, stretches for over 20 hours, on the other hand.
Stockholm, Sweden’s currency is the Krona/Kronor. 1 Krona (SEK) equals around 7.5 Indian Rupees (INR). For the latest on exchange rates, click here.
Cost of living in Stockholm
Stockholm is one of the more expensive places to visit in Europe. A one way ticket from the airport to the city on the Flygbussarna Airport Coaches costs 119 SEK, and a taxi ride from the airport with a fixed-price cab will come to around 500 SEK.You can get accommodation for 250 SEK a night at cheaper hostel apartments, and a three star hotel room costs around 600 SEK a night. A meal for two in an inexpensive restaurant will cost about 90 SEK. Alcohol is expensive in Sweden, as it is heavily taxed.
Mode of payments accepted in Stockholm
Credit cards and debit cards are accepted in most places in Stockholm. For transportation and smaller purchases, travellers should carry cash.
Best places for your first meal in Stockholm
Walking tours of the Greater Stockholm area and the city itself are the best way to get a feel of the various districts, which each have a distinct personality and specialities. Södermalm is an eclectic and vibrant neighbourhood that should be on every tourist’s list of places to visit. Husmanskost (home-owner’s food) is the Swedish version of home-style, traditional cooking. Potatoes and root vegetables, along with meats and fish are the staple, with fresh herbs. Lingonberries, famous for their red colour and tart taste, are an accompaniment for most meals, and of course, the famous Swedish meatballs are also a part of these home-style meals. Raggmunk – potato, flour, and egg pancakes, seasoned with onion and garlic, are served with bacon and lingonberry preserves, are another popular local dish.
Information and data provided on this page is correct as of November 3 rd, 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.