Cheap flights from New Delhi to Melbourne Avalon
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Melbourne...
- Mon 16 DecDELAVVAirAsia XIndirectOne way from ₹ 16,297
- Sat 7 DecDELAVVNokScootIndirectOne way from ₹ 18,673
- Sat 30 NovDELAVVNokScootIndirectOne way from ₹ 18,684
Flight information New Delhi to Melbourne Avalon
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 10200 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from New Delhi to Melbourne Avalon?
- Move your mouse over the bars to get the lowest price for that month. Clicking on a month will direct you to the calendar view. Choose specific dates of travel.
- Subscribe to price alerts from Skyscanner for the best rates on cheap flights from New Delhi to Melbourne Avalon!
What you need to know before flying from New Delhi to Melbourne Avalon?
New Udaan Bhavan,
Indira Gandhi International Airport,
New Delhi 110 037,
80 Beach Rd,
Lara VIC 3212,
Getting to New Delhi Airport
- New Delhi’s Terminal 3 is accessible via the Delhi Gurgaon expressway.
- Delhi metro’s ‘Orange Line’ has a station at terminal 3.
- State run A/C shuttles ply to the airport from various parts of the city.
- Taxis and auto rickshaws also ply to the terminal.
Travelling from Melbourne Avalon Airport
- Melbourne Avalon Airport on Beach Road that connects to the Princes Freeway.
- 2 bus services take travellers either to the city of Geelong or Melbourne.
- Taxis can be taken from the terminal.
- Rent-a-car services can be booked at Skyscanner’s car hire page.
Facilities at New Delhi and Melbourne Avalon Airports
- Delhi Airport has dedicated services for physically challenged and elderly travellers. Wi-Fi is free for the first 20mins. Premium lounges and sleeping pods are available for those who would like to nap or relax. General services like FOREX, ATMs, shopping and dining are aplenty at the airport.
- Melbourne Avalon Airport has a few retail and dining options as well as a full-service bar. They have a kid’s zone for children under 10 and a baby nursing area as well. Other general services like ATMs, internet kiosks and Wi-Fi, massage chairs, and game machines are available.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New Delhi to Melbourne Avalon
The shortest time taken for New Delhi to Melbourne flights is around 18hrs, via connecting flights. A multiple layover flight gives one the unique opportunity to explore new spaces. Read more on how to kill time at airports at Skyscanner’s Travel blogs.
Melbourne is currently 5hrs 30mins ahead of New Delhi, after 2nd April 2017, it will be 4hrs 30mins ahead of New Delhi.
Weather in Melbourne Avalon
Melbourne is located right at the border of very hot inland areas and areas cooled by the ocean front. Though average temperatures in the summer months of November through March is between 26-14°C, extreme temperatures hit between 45-6°C. The cold season begins in May through September with average temperatures ranging between 17-6°C the extreme temperatures range between 30°C to -3°C. It rains throughout the whole year.
The exchange rate for 1 Australian Dollar (AUD) is 50.88 Indian Rupees (INR).
Cost of Living in Melbourne Avalon
The best way to get around Melbourne is by train or tram. All the major attractions are on the ‘free tram’ route, which means though you have to use the ‘Myki’ card (public transport ticketing card) money is not deducted. A regular lunch with drink will amount to AUD 16 (INR 814.22) while a meal at a MacDonald’s or equivalent will cost AUD 10 (INR 508.89). Dinner for 2 at a regular dine in restaurant costs around AUD 80 (INR 4071.82). Taxis and limousines are expensive within the city given traffic conditions.
Mode of payments accepted in Melbourne Avalon
All establishments accept only Australian Dollars, while most shops will accept cards.
Best places for your first meal in Melbourne Avalon
Melbourne is a city of immigrants and they have brought their cuisine with them. Though many quarters are known for various cuisines, one can experience them all at Smith Street. The restaurants here are authentic and run by immigrants and their descendants.They have it all here - Spanish, Mexican, African, French, Australian or Greek.
Information and Data provided on this page is correct as ofOct 23rd, 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.