Cheap flights from New Delhi to Budapest
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Budapest...
- Wed 11 DecDELBUDAlitaliaIndirectOne way from ₹ 18,157
- Fri 13 DecDELBUDAlitaliaIndirectOne way from ₹ 18,157
- Thu 19 DecDELBUDTurkish AirlinesIndirectOne way from ₹ 18,183
Flight information New Delhi to Budapest
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 5351 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from Delhi to Budapest?
- The price table above shows the lowest 2-way flight prices from Delhi to Budapest for each month. Clicking on the price will take you to a calendar view to choose specific dates as per your itinerary.
- If you are planning well in advance, you can set-up Skyscanner's price alerts to get notification whenever there is a price change from Delhi to Budapest flight tickets
What you need to know before flying from New Delhi to Budapest?
Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) New Udaan Bhavan, Opp. T3 IGI Airport, New Delhi – 110037, India
Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport (BUD) 1675 Budapest Ferihegy, P.O.Box. 53, Hungary
Budapest Airport doesn’t have a direct flight from any Indian city, but has many connecting flights from major Indian cities. See list here.
Getting to New Delhi airport
- Indira Gandhi International Airport serves New Delhi and is located conveniently on the main Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway 20 km south of the city, making it extremely accessible. The airport has both domestic and international terminals.
- Travellers can take the Orange Line of the Delhi Metro and taxis (metered/prepaid) to get to Delhi airport.
Travelling from Budapest Airport
- Budapest International Airport lies 25 km southeast of the city of Budapest.
- Travellers can take private cars, buses, trains and taxis to get from the airport to the city. See more about transport here.
- They can also rent cars to drive around themselves. See here.
Facilities at New Delhi and Budapest airports
- Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport has free Wi-Fi for 45 minutes, ATMs and banks, forex and currency exchange services, child and baby care facilities, spas, shower rooms, duty-free shops, 24-hr food and drink options, etc.
- Budapest Airport has economy and first class lounges, free Wi-Fi for 2 hours, ATMs, children’s play areas, duty-free shops, food and drink options, observation deck, pharmacy, etc.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New Delhi to Budapest
Time difference between New Delhi and Budapest
New Delhi, India is 3h 30min ahead of Budapest, Hungary.
Weather in Budapest
The best times to visit Budapest are in the months of March-May and September-November when the temperatures are between 2 and 21 degrees Celsius.
1 Indian Rupee (INR) equals 4.3 Hungarian Forints (HUF). See more here.
Cost of living in Budapest
Airport rides to the city cost INR 1,200-2,400 in a taxi, INR 90 in a suburban train, and INR 460-1,600 in an airport express bus. Travelling within the city costs INR 310-390 for a 3 km taxi ride, INR 84-130 for a metro/bus/tram ride and INR 400 for an all-day metro/bus/tram pass. Budget meals cost anywhere between INR 120 and 600. A pint of beer costs INR 72-120, and a Big Mac costs INR 180.
Mode of payments accepted in Budapest
Credit cards are accepted widely in Budapest, and cash that works is Euro. Travellers should exchange for the currency within the city and avoid doing so at the airport and at hotels because of the low rates.
Best places for your first meal in Budapest
Famous foods in Budapest are goulash, Paprikás Csirke, Halászlé, Újházy chicken broth, Lángos, Kolbász, Jókai bean soup and Lecsó. Head to central Budapest areas such as Krisztinaváros, Tabán, the Palace District and Inner City for the best food.
Documents required to travel from Delhi to Budapest
Passengers travelling from Delhi to Budapest must carry all the documents listed below
- Valid Passport
- Valid Visa
- Return flight tickets (sometimes asked by the immigration depending on your visa type)
Major airlines that operate from Delhi to Budapest
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.