Cheap flights from New Delhi to Kozhikode
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Kozhikode...
- Sun 8 DecDELCCJAir IndiaDirectOne way from ₹ 5,307
- Fri 6 DecDELCCJAir IndiaDirectOne way from ₹ 5,367
- Sun 1 DecDELCCJAir IndiaDirectOne way from ₹ 5,383
Flight information New Delhi to Kozhikode
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 1945 kilometres
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights to Kozhikode from New Delhi?
- View the prices of flights from New Delhi to Kozhikode for every month on the bar chart of Skyscanner. Select the best travel dates from the ones available in the calendar and book cheap flights from New Delhi to Kozhikode easily.
- Subscribe to Skyscanner’s nifty price alert facility to stay updated about any change in prices for New Delhi to Kozhikode flights.
What you need to know before flying from New Delhi to Kozhikode?
New Delhi – 110037, India
Malappuram District, Karipur, Kerala 673647
Getting to New Delhi Airport
- The Indira Gandhi Airport or simply the New Delhi airport is at a distance of 10 km northeast of the city centre.
- Travellers can conveniently reach the airport by hiring taxis, metered rickshaws or booking prepaid taxis.
- AMTS bus services also operate regularly to the airport, making bus travel a convenient option as well.
Travelling from Kozhikode Airport
- Kozhikode Airport or Calicut Airport is also known as Karipur Airport and is around 28 km from Kozhikode city centre.
- An international airport, it is directly connected to the city via numerous modes of transport. Travellers can opt for pre-paid taxis to travel to the Kozhikode Airport. Taxis take around 1 hour to reach the airport from the city.
- Buses regularly ply from the city to the airport. It is a cheap and convenient option, if you have time.
Facilities at New Delhi and Kozhikode Airports
- Calicut Airport has 2 terminals – a domestic terminal and an international terminal. The list of services available at the airport include advanced technology baggage services, various cafeterias, duty free shopping, light refreshment, STD PCO, STD/ISD/Local Telephone, and Baggage Wrapping Service.
- Indira Gandhi or New Delhi airport has international and domestic terminals, lounges, cafes and restaurants along with great options of duty-free shopping spaces, ATMs, banking services, forex and money changing services, and free Wi-Fi for half an hour.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New Delhi to Kozhikode
The average flight time from New Delhi to Kozhikode is 3 hours, nonstop. Due to very limited number of direct flights available, the travel time generally goes up to 5 hours. Visitors can read up about Kerala in the in-flight magazines or enjoy the fresh delicacies served on-board.
Weather in Kozhikode
The best time to visit Kozhikode is between October and February when the temperature hovers around 19°C - 29°C. During these months, the weather is at its best.
Cost of living in Kozhikode
The cost of living in Kozhikode can be categorised as reasonable. Travelling by taxi for 3 km cost INR 60-80. For auto rickshaws, the fare for the first 1.5 km is INR 20. The cost of travelling in an auto for 2-3 km is around INR 30-40. Travelling by prepaid taxi from airport to the city centre costs INR 700-800. A decent meal for 2 at a medium restaurant will cost anywhere between INR 300 – 500.
Mode of payments accepted in Kozhikode
Carrying cash is always advisable for those travelling via local transport or shopping at local markets. However, most of the shops, hotels and restaurants accept credit as well as debit cards. ATM’s can be found in plenty.
Best places for your first meal in Kozhikode
While Malabar cuisine is very popular, there is no dearth of food options from all over the country as well as world. Varieties of upscale, medium scale as well as budget eateries are available all over the city. Head to Mithai Theruvu for the famous Calicut Halwa, if you are looking for authentic Maplah Cuisine head to Beach Road.
Information and data provided on this page is correct as of October 30th, 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.