Cheap flights from New Delhi to Kolkata
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Kolkata...
- Thu 5 DecDELCCUIndiGoDirectOne way from ₹ 2,885
- Mon 16 DecDELCCUIndiGoDirectOne way from ₹ 2,885
- Wed 4 DecDELCCUSpiceJetDirectOne way from ₹ 2,902
Flight information New Delhi to Kolkata
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1315 kilometres
Frequently asked questions
Delhi to Kolkata
How to compare and get the best flights from New Delhi to Kolkata?
Book flight tickets from New Delhi to Kolkata in three easy steps with Skyscanner’s bar chart.
- Each bar shown here represents a month. Move your mouse over each bar to see the lowest price on flights from New Delhi to Kolkata for each month. Click on any month to be directed to the calendar / chart view. Select a date according to your travel and book flight tickets.
- Stay updated on cheap flights from New Delhi to Kolkata with Skyscanner’s price alerts.
What you need to know before flying from New Delhi to Kolkata?
New Udaan Bhavan,
Indira Gandhi International Airport,
New Delhi, 110 037
Jessore Road, Dum Dum,
Kolkata, West Bengal 700052
Getting to New Delhi Airport
- The airport is connected by the Delhi Gurgaon expressway.
- The ‘Orange Line’ of the Delhi Metro rail service stops at Terminal 3.
- State and privately run A/C buses ply from various parts of the city to the airport.
- Metered taxies and auto rickshaws ply to the airport too.
Travelling from Kolkata Airport
- Kolkata Airport is linked to the Kolkata Suburban Railway.
- Pre-paid taxis take you to the city in about 40 minutes.
- Air-conditioned buses run routes between the airport and the city at regular intervals till 10pm.
- Skyscanner Car Hire allows you to pick your rented car right from the airport.
Facilities at New Delhi and Kolkata airports
- New Delhi airport’s terminalT1 has free Wi-Fi,duty-free shopping, FOREX services, restaurants and cafes, ATMs and business lounges for travellers’ convenience.
- Kolkata Airport provides free Wi-Fi for thirty minutes, other passenger services include retail and dining options, banking and FOREX services, 24X7 medical assistance and information counters and paid VIP rooms.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New Delhi to Kolkata
New Delhi to Kolkata flights take about 2hrs flying time, non-stop. Travellers can catch up on some reading or have a quick nap during the short journey.
Weather in Kolkata
Summers are very hot and humid, with average temperatures reaching 30-35 °C. Winter temperatures can dip as low as 11 °C. The monsoon starts in April through June and thunderstorms and hailstorms are common.
Cost of Living in Kolkata
The most common way to get around the city is auto rickshaw, rickshaw and taxi. All three are unmetered and travellers must set the price prior to engaging one. Budget meals for 2 can cost around INR 200 (USD 2.99), a sit-in dinner with three courses can cost in excess of INR 500 (USD 7.47), 1ltr of Bottled water costs INR 20 (USD 0.30) and upwards.
Mode of payments accepted in Kolkata
All cash transactions are done in Indian Rupees while most shops will accept debit and credit cards.
Best places for your first meal in Kolkata
Park Street is lined with restaurants and eateries. The Kati Roll (Indian flat bread wrapped with vegetables or meat) was invented in Kolkata and became famous here at Park Street. Skyscanner Travel Blogs has a neat article on the best places to eat in Kolkata. Click here to know more.
Information and data provided on this page is correct as of October 21st, 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.