Delhi to Kolkata Flights
Flight information New Delhi to Kolkata
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1315 kilometres
Delhi to Kolkata
How to compare and get the best flights from New Delhi to Kolkata?
Book flight tickets from New Delhi to Kolkata in three easy steps with Skyscanner’s bar chart.
- Each bar shown here represents a month. Move your mouse over each bar to see the lowest price on flights from New Delhi to Kolkata for each month. Click on any month to be directed to the calendar / chart view. Select a date according to your travel and book flight tickets.
- Stay updated on cheap flights from New Delhi to Kolkata with Skyscanner’s price alerts.
What you need to know before flying from New Delhi to Kolkata?
New Udaan Bhavan,
Indira Gandhi International Airport,
New Delhi, 110 037
Jessore Road, Dum Dum,
Kolkata, West Bengal 700052
Getting to New Delhi Airport
- The airport is connected by the Delhi Gurgaon expressway.
- The ‘Orange Line’ of the Delhi Metro rail service stops at Terminal 3.
- State and privately run A/C buses ply from various parts of the city to the airport.
- Metered taxies and auto rickshaws ply to the airport too.
Travelling from Kolkata Airport
- Kolkata Airport is linked to the Kolkata Suburban Railway.
- Pre-paid taxis take you to the city in about 40 minutes.
- Air-conditioned buses run routes between the airport and the city at regular intervals till 10pm.
- Skyscanner Car Hire allows you to pick your rented car right from the airport.
Facilities at New Delhi and Kolkata airports
- New Delhi airport’s terminalT1 has free Wi-Fi,duty-free shopping, FOREX services, restaurants and cafes, ATMs and business lounges for travellers’ convenience.
- Kolkata Airport provides free Wi-Fi for thirty minutes, other passenger services include retail and dining options, banking and FOREX services, 24X7 medical assistance and information counters and paid VIP rooms.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New Delhi to Kolkata
New Delhi to Kolkata flights take about 2hrs flying time, non-stop. Travellers can catch up on some reading or have a quick nap during the short journey.
Weather in Kolkata
Summers are very hot and humid, with average temperatures reaching 30-35 °C. Winter temperatures can dip as low as 11 °C. The monsoon starts in April through June and thunderstorms and hailstorms are common.
Cost of Living in Kolkata
The most common way to get around the city is auto rickshaw, rickshaw and taxi. All three are unmetered and travellers must set the price prior to engaging one. Budget meals for 2 can cost around INR 200 (USD 2.99), a sit-in dinner with three courses can cost in excess of INR 500 (USD 7.47), 1ltr of Bottled water costs INR 20 (USD 0.30) and upwards.
Mode of payments accepted in Kolkata
All cash transactions are done in Indian Rupees while most shops will accept debit and credit cards.
Best places for your first meal in Kolkata
Park Street is lined with restaurants and eateries. The Kati Roll (Indian flat bread wrapped with vegetables or meat) was invented in Kolkata and became famous here at Park Street. Skyscanner Travel Blogs has a neat article on the best places to eat in Kolkata. Click here to know more.
Information and data provided on this page is correct as of October 21st, 2016.
FAQ on Flights from New Delhi to Kolkata
- Q1: How can I book cheap New Delhi to Kolkata flight tickets online? A: Use Skyscanner's flight search above and fill in your travel dates and click on "Search Flights". You can now choose the desired flight to Kolkata from the list.
- Q2: How Skyscanner is different from online travel agents? A: Skyscanner search engine pulls flight prices from all the major airlines and online travel agents like MakeMytrip,ClearTrip, Yatra, Goibibo etc., Hence you don’t have to check multiple websites to find the best price. Once you find your cheap flights & click to select, we link you directly to the airline or travel agent. No hidden charges, no added fees.
Q3: Which is the cheapest month to book flights from New Delhi to Kolkata?
A: Check the bar chart at the top to find the cheapest month to fly from New Delhi to Kolkata. The chart is based on the next 12 months price data we have.
Q4: Should I opt for a travel insurance while flying from of New Delhi to Kolkata?
A: It's always safe to travel with a travel insurance.
Q5: Should I opt for on board food while travelling from New Delhi to Kolkata?
A: Its suggested to opt for on board meals while flying to Kolkata.
Q6: What is the check in luggage limit in New Delhi to Kolkata flights?
A: Generally, 15 kg is the allowed baggage limit for an economy class passenger flying from New Delhi to Kolkata. Its advised to check your baggage limit that is printed on your ticket as it varies from airline to airline.
Q7: What is the hand baggage limit in New Delhi to Kolkata flights?
A: 7 to 10 kg is the allowed hand luggage limit while flying from New Delhi to Kolkata. For most recent updates on the hand luggage weight, contact respective airlines.
Q8: What is the advantage of doing a web check in while flying from New Delhi?
A: Web check-in confirms your travel while flying from New Delhiand saves your time at the check-in counter.
Q9: How can I change my New Delhi to Kolkata travel dates after booking?
A: Before check-in, the respective flight operator will allow you to change your travel dates. Generally, its chargeable based on the rescheduled date. It is recommended to contact respective airlines to know about the charges.
Q10: How do I subscribe for Skyscanner's price alerts for cheap fares from New Delhi to Kolkata?
A: Use Skyscanner's price alert tool to get notified about cheap fares from New Delhi to Kolkata.
Information and Data provided on this page is correct as of Sep 15th, 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.