Cheap flights from New Delhi to Colombo Bandaranayake
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Colombo...
- Sun 8 DecDELCMBSpiceJetIndirectOne way from ₹ 6,866
- Sun 24 NovDELCMBSpiceJetIndirectOne way from ₹ 6,887
- Fri 29 NovDELCMBSpiceJetIndirectOne way from ₹ 6,887
Flight information New Delhi to Colombo Bandaranayake
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 2399 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from New Delhi to Colombo Bandaranaike?
Travellers can easily book inexpensive flight tickets from New Delhi to Colombo Bandaranaike by heading to Skyscanner’s bar chart page.
- Hover the mouse pointer above the bars and view prices of flights from New Delhi to Colombo Bandaranaike for every month. From the calendar page, select suitable travel dates and easily book for cheap flights from New Delhi to Colombo Bandaranaike.
- Use Skyscanner’s price alert facility to stay updated about price changes in New Delhi to Colombo Bandaranaike flights.
What you need to know before flying from New Delhi to Colombo Bandaranaike?
New Udaan Bhavan, Opp. T3 IGI Airport, New Delhi – 110037, India
Canada Friendship Rd, Katunayake – 11450, Sri Lanka
Getting to New Delhi airport
- Indira Gandhi airport lies 20 km to the south of the city centre on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway.
- Take metered cabs and rickshaws, prepaid cabs or hop on to the metro (Orange Line directly to international terminal T3) to get to the airport.
Travelling from Colombo Bandaranaike
- Colombo’s Bandaranaike airport is situated north of the city, around 32 km away.
- Travellers can take taxis and direct express buses to get from the airport to the city.
- They can also rent cars to drive around themselves. See here.
Facilities at New Delhi and Colombo Bandaranaike airports
- Delhi airport has two domestic and one international terminal, duty-free shops, restaurants and cafés, forex and currency exchange services, premium lounges for passengers and complimentary Wi-Fi for 45 minutes.
- Colombo Bandaranaike airport has spas and lounges, ATMs, banks and currency exchange services, medical assistance, cafés and restaurants and duty-free shopping spaces.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New Delhi to Colombo Bandaranaike
The average flight time from New Delhi to Colombo Bandaranaike is 3h 35min. The beautiful capital of Sri Lanka has some very interesting things for you to checkout. If you want to get touristy, here are some things you can do in Colombo.
Weather in Colombo
The best time to visit Colombo is in July–September when the season is dry, rains are less and temperatures are around 29 degrees Celsius.
1 Indian Rupee (INR) equals 2.21 Sri Lankan Rupees (LKR). See more here.
Cost of living in Colombo Bandaranaike
A taxi from the airport to the city costs LKR 2,500-3,000 while a bus ticket for the same journey costs LKR 110. A 3 km traditional tuk-tuk ride costs approximately LKR 150-200. Budget meals cost anywhere in the range of LKR 200-1,200. A 0.7L bottle of beer costs LKR 240-350.
Mode of payments accepted in Colombo Bandaranaike
Cash is required for food, smaller local purchases and transportation. Debit cards can be used at ATMs, although travellers should do it during the day. Credit cards are accepted at hotels and upscale restaurants.
Best places for your first meal in Colombo Bandaranaike
Sri Lankan cuisine consist of delicacies such as Fish ambul thiyal, Kukul mas curry, Parippu, Polos, Wambatu moju, Gotu kola sambol, and Kottu, among others. Head to the stunning Fort area of Colombo Bandaranaike where you can enjoy local and world food while admiring the panoramic view of the Indian Ocean.
Information and data provided on this page is correct as of October 19th, 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.