Cheap flights from New Delhi to Colombo
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Colombo...
- Fri 13 SepDELCMBSpiceJetIndirectOne way from ₹ 7,387
- Mon 16 SepDELCMBSpiceJetIndirectOne way from ₹ 7,490
- Sun 22 SepDELCMBSpiceJetIndirectOne way from ₹ 7,490
Flight information New Delhi to Colombo
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 2419 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Colombo Bandaranayake, Colombo Ratmalana, Diyawanna Oya and Kelaniya
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from Delhi to Colombo?
- The price table above shows the lowest 2-way flight prices from Delhi to Colombo for each month. Clicking on the price will take you to a calendar view to choose specific dates as per your itinerary.
- If you are planning well in advance, you can set-up Skyscanner's price alerts to get notification whenever there is a price change from Delhi to Colombo flight tickets
What you need to know before flying from New Delhi to Colombo?
New Udaan Bhavan, Opp. T3 IGI Airport, New Delhi – 110037, India
Canada Friendship Rd, Katunayake 11450, Sri Lanka
Ratmalana, Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia, Colombo, Western Province, Sri Lanka
Colombo has direct flights from 9-10 Indian cities, and connecting flights from many others. See list here.
Getting to New Delhi airport
- Delhi Airport is located on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway 20 km to the south of the city centre.
- Travellers can take the metro (Orange line to T3), prepaid and metered cabs, and hired rickshaws.
Travelling from Colombo
- Colombo Ratmalana Airport lies 17 km south of the Fort Area and Bandaranayke Airport lies 32 km north.
- Travellers can take taxis and buses from the airports to the city.
- Travellers can also rent cars. See here and here.
Facilities at New Delhi and Colombo airports
- Indira Gandhi International Airport has both international and domestic terminals, free Wi-Fi for 45 minutes, premium loungescurrency exchange and forex services, cafés and restaurants, duty-free shops, etc.
- Colombo’s airports have free Wi-Fi, lounges, forex and currency exchange services, 24-hr cafés and food counters, duty-free shops, medical assistance, etc.
- Valid Passport
- Valid Visa
- Return flight tickets (sometimes asked by the immigration depending on your visa type)
- Q1: How can I book cheap New Delhi to Colombo flight tickets online? A: Use Skyscanner's flight search above and fill in your travel dates and click on "Search Flights". You can now choose the desired flight to Colombo from the list.
- Q2: How Skyscanner is different from online travel agents? A: Skyscanner search engine pulls flight prices from all the major airlines and online travel agents like MakeMytrip,ClearTrip, Yatra, Goibibo etc., Hence you don’t have to check multiple websites to find the best price. Once you find your cheap flights & click to select, we link you directly to the airline or travel agent. No hidden charges, no added fees.
Q3: Which is the cheapest month to book flights from New Delhi to Colombo?
A: Check the bar chart at the top to find the cheapest month to fly from New Delhi to Colombo. The chart is based on the next 12 months price data we have.
Q4: Should I opt for a travel insurance while flying from of New Delhi to Colombo?
A: It's always safe to travel with a travel insurance.
Q5: Should I opt for on board food while travelling from New Delhi to Colombo?
A: Its suggested to opt for on board meals while flying to Colombo.
Q6: What is the check in luggage limit in New Delhi to Colombo flights?
A: Generally, 15 kg is the allowed baggage limit for an economy class passenger flying from New Delhi to Colombo. Its advised to check your baggage limit that is printed on your ticket as it varies from airline to airline.
Q7: What is the hand baggage limit in New Delhi to Colombo flights?
A: 7 to 10 kg is the allowed hand luggage limit while flying from New Delhi to Colombo. For most recent updates on the hand luggage weight, contact respective airlines.
Q8: What is the advantage of doing a web check in while flying from New Delhi?
A: Web check-in confirms your travel while flying from New Delhiand saves your time at the check-in counter.
Q9: How can I change my New Delhi to Colombo travel dates after booking?
A: Before check-in, the respective flight operator will allow you to change your travel dates. Generally, its chargeable based on the rescheduled date. It is recommended to contact respective airlines to know about the charges.
Q10: How do I subscribe for Skyscanner's price alerts for cheap fares from New Delhi to Colombo?
A: Use Skyscanner's price alert tool to get notified about cheap fares from New Delhi to Colombo.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New Delhi to Colombo
The average flight time from New Delhi to Colombo Bandaranaike is 3h 35min, via direct flights. A trip to Colombo is a great idea for a within-budget international trip. Explore the other best features and places of interest in Sri Lanka.
Weather in Colombo
July to September and November to February are the best times to visit the coastal Colombo. The temperatures are between 4 and 29 degrees Celsius, the rains are lesser, and the season is dry and great for outdoor activities.
1 Indian Rupee (INR) equals 2.14 Sri Lankan Rupees (LKR). See more here.
Cost of living in Colombo
Rides from Bandaranayke Airport to the city centre cost LKR 110 in a bus and 2,500-3,000 in a taxi, while a 3 km ride in the local autorickshaw called the tuk-tuk costs LKR 150-200. Budget meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner) cost an average of LKR 250-1,500. The famous and popular street dish Kottu Roti costs around LKR 200-350, while a 0.7L bottle of beer costs LKR 240-370.
Mode of payments accepted in Colombo
Sri Lanka is still largely a cash-accepting economy, so cash will work at all places. Travellers can exchange currency anywhere in the city (avoid the airport since rates are lower). Credit cards are accepted at all big hotels.
Best places for your first meal in Colombo
Colombo delicacies include Kottu Roti, Gotu Kola Sambol, Wambatu Moju, Polos, Parippu, Kukul Mas Curry, Fish ambul thiyal, etc. Travellers can head to areas in and around Colombo 07, Colombo 06 and the Fort area for the best restaurants in Colombo.
Documents required to travel from Delhi to Colombo
Passengers travelling from Delhi to Colombo must carry all the documents listed below
Major airlines that operate from Delhi to Colombo
Jet Airways flights to Colombo, Air India flights to Colombo, SriLankan Airlines flights to Colombo
FAQ on Flights from Delhi to Colombo
Information and Data provided on this page is correct as of Sep 15th, 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.