Cheap flights from New Delhi to Cape Town
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Cape Town...
- Sat 7 DecDELCPTGoAirIndirectOne way from ₹ 23,922
- Tue 3 DecDELCPTSpiceJetIndirectOne way from ₹ 24,221
- Sat 30 NovDELCPTIndiGoIndirectOne way from ₹ 24,271
Flight information New Delhi to Cape Town
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 9293 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Frequently asked questions
Delhito Cape Town
How to compare and get the best flights from New Delhi to Cape Town?
- Mouse-over a bar to see the lowest price for all months. Clicking on a particular month will direct you to the calendar view. Choose specific dates of travel.
- Subscribe to price alerts from Skyscanner for cheap flights from New Delhi to Cape Town!
What you need to know before flying from New Delhi to Cape Town?
New Udaan Bhavan,
Indira Gandhi International Airport,
New Delhi 110 037,
Private Bag X9002,
Cape Town International Airport 7525,
Getting to New Delhi Airport
- New Delhi’s international terminal, Terminal 3, is on the Delhi Gurgaon expressway.
- Delhi Metro Services’ ‘Orange Line’ has a station at terminal 3.
- There are state run, A/C shuttle services at regular intervals from various parts of the city.
- Taxis and auto rickshaws also ply to the terminal.
Travelling from Cape Town Airport
- Cape Town Airport is 20 km from the city on N2 highway.
- State run buses as well as taxis are available at the terminal.
- Rent-a-car services can booked at Skyscanner’s car hire page
Facilities at New Delhi and Cape Town Airports
- Delhi Airport provides services to physically challenged and elderly travellers. Wi-Fi is free for the first 20mins. Travellers can relax in premium lounges and sleeping pods. General services like FOREX, ATMs, shopping and dining are aplenty at the airport.
- Cape Town Airport has varied retail and dining outlets, amongst general services like ATMs, 24X7 medical aid, FOREX and banking services.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New Delhi to Cape Town
As there aren’t any direct flights between the two cities, the shortest time taken for New Delhi to Cape Town flights is 9hrs, including transit. Check out Skyscanner Travel Blogs for some interesting articles on dealing with long layovers.
Currently South Africa is 3hrs 30mins behind India.
Weather in Cape Town
Cape Town is in the southern hemisphere, thus summers here come in January through March and daytime and night time temperatures range between 25 and 15 degrees Celsius. Winter come in around, June through September with daytime and night time temperatures ranging from 18-7 degrees Celsius.
The exchange rate for 1 South African Rand (ZAR) is 4.80 Indian Rupees (INR).
Cost of Living in Cape Town
Metered taxis normally start with a minimum of ZAR 30 (INR 144.16) with every subsequent km charged between ZAR 9-12 (INR 43.11-57.49) for different carriers. Get more information on routes and fares from here. Budget meals for one can cost around ZAR 60 (INR 28.41).
Mode of payments accepted in Cape Town
All establishments accept only South African Rand while most shops will accept cards.
Best places for your first meal in Cape Town
The best grub in town can be found at Bree Street. The street is famous for its restaurants, and café. Boerewors Rolls, a traditional Dutch-heritage hotdog barbequed on hot coals, is the quintessential Cape Town fare.
Information and Data provided on this page is correct as of October 19th, 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.