Cheap flights from New Delhi to Edinburgh
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Edinburgh...
- Tue 10 DecDELEDIFinnairIndirectOne way from ₹ 19,371
- Tue 17 DecDELEDIFinnairIndirectOne way from ₹ 20,566
- Thu 12 DecDELEDITurkish AirlinesIndirectOne way from ₹ 21,235
Flight information New Delhi to Edinburgh
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 6841 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from New Delhi to Edinburgh?
Book inexpensive flights from New Delhi to Edinburgh using Skyscanner’s bar chart.
- Hover the mouse pointer above the bars to view the prices of flight tickets from New Delhi to Edinburgh for every month. Choose travel dates from the calendar and book cheap flights from New Delhi to Edinburgh easily.
- Stay updated about price changes in New Delhi to Edinburgh flights by subscribing to Skyscanner’s price alert facility.
What you need to know before flying from New Delhi to Edinburgh?
New Udaan Bhavan, Opp. T3 IGI Airport, New Delhi – 110037, India
Edinburgh Airport (EDI)
Edinburgh EH12 9DN, United Kingdom
Getting to New Delhi airport
- Delhi’s airport lies on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway, 20 km south of the city.
- It has one international terminal (T3) and two domestic terminals (T1, T2).
- One can either take the metro (Orange Line to T3), prepaid cabs or metered rickshaws and taxis to get to the airport.
Travelling from Edinburgh airport
- Edinburgh Airport is 9 miles to the west of the city centre of Edinburgh.
- One can take buses and coaches, trams, taxis, cycles, and even to drive around themselves from Edinburgh airport.
Facilities at New Delhi and Edinburgh airports
- Delhi’s airport has medical assistance, complimentary Wi-Fi for 45 minutes, restaurants and cafés, childcare rooms, currency exchange and forex services, retail and duty-free shops, and premium lounges.
- Edinburgh airport has cash machines, Wi-Fi access, lounges, and transportation counters, currency exchange services, eating and dining spaces, bars, shops and prayer rooms.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New Delhi to Edinburgh
The average flight time from New Delhi to Edinburgh is 10h 55min+, via connecting flights. Don’t miss checking out these places in Edinburgh. If you are going to Edinburgh in August, don’t miss experiencing this festival. .
New Delhi, India is 4h 30min ahead of Edinburgh, UK.
Weather in Edinburgh
The best time to visit Edinburgh is between June and August when the temperatures are around 9-18 degrees Celsius.
1 Great British Pound (GBP) is equal to 81.23 Indian Rupees (INR). See more here.
Cost of living in Edinburgh
A tramway ride from the airport to city centre costs GBP5, while an airlink express and public bus from airport to the city centre cost GBP4 and GBP 5 respectively. A 3 km taxi ride in Edinburgh costs GBP 9-14 while a public bus ride costs GBP1.5. Budget meals cost anywhere between GBP 3 and 10. A 0.33L beer bottle costs GBP0.8-1.
Mode of payments accepted in Edinburgh
Since British Pound is the only currency accepted everywhere, travellers must carry cash in all denominations for smaller purchases. Otherwise, credit cards and debit cards work almost everywhere, with ATMs being known as ‘cash-points’.
Best places for your first meal in Edinburgh
Scottish cuisine delights include haggis, oatcakes, colcannon, porridge, shortbread and good whisky. Head to areas around Edinburgh Old Town, Edinburgh New Town and the University of Edinburgh for the best eats.
Information and data provided on this page is correct as of October 26th, 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.