Cheap flights from New Delhi to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Johannesburg...
- Tue 19 NovDELJNBIndiGoIndirectOne way from ₹ 18,566
- Mon 18 NovDELJNBAir IndiaIndirectOne way from ₹ 19,294
- Tue 10 DecDELJNBGoAirIndirectOne way from ₹ 19,568
Flight information New Delhi to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 8020 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Johannesburg O.R. Tambo
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from New Delhi to Johannesburg?
- Move your mouse over the bars to get the lowest price for each month. Clicking on a month will direct you to the calendar view. Choose specific dates of travel and book your tickets.
- Subscribe to price alerts from Skyscanner for the best rates on cheap flights from New Delhi to Johannesburg!
What you need to know before flying from New Delhi to Johannesburg?
New Udaan Bhavan,
Indira Gandhi International Airport,
New Delhi 110 037,
Private Bag X1,
Getting to New Delhi Airport
- New Delhi’s international terminal, T3, is accessible via the Delhi Gurgaon expressway.
- The ‘Orange Line’ of Delhi’s metro service has a station at terminal 3.
- State run A/C shuttles ply to the airport from various parts of the city.
- Taxis and auto rickshaws also ply to the terminal.
Travelling from Johannesburg Airport
- Johannesburg Airport is accessible by the R24 freeway by road.
- The Gautrain system has a station in the transit terminal located between the international and domestic terminals. The train links Johannesburg and Pretoria to the airport.
- State and privately run buses as well as taxis are available at the terminal.
- Rent-a-car services can be booked at Skyscanner’s car hire page.
Facilities at New Delhi and Johannesburg Airports
- Delhi Airport has dedicated services for physically challenged and elderly travellers. Wi-Fi is free for the first 20mins. Premium lounges and sleeping pods are available for those who would like to nap or relax. General services like FOREX, ATMs, shopping and dining are aplenty at the airport.
- Johannesburg airport has over 140 retail stores including duty free stores and have products sold exclusively at the airport. Other general services include banking and FOREX services, postal services dry cleaners, spa, hairdresser, all with 16hr operating times. There is also a 24-hour travel clinic, with medical staff available 24 hours a day. Medical aid is available 24X7
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New Delhi to Johannesburg
The shortest time taken for New Delhi to Johannesburg flights is just over 13hrs, in a connecting flight as there are no direct flights. Long flights can be boring and long, if the inflight entertainment is not up to the mark. Read more on how to make best of your long haul flight at Skyscanner’s Travel blogs.
Time Difference between New Delhi and Johannesburg
Johannesburg is 3hrs 30mins behind India.
Weather in Johannesburg
The hottest months of October through March are still pleasant with temperatures ranging around 24 degrees Celsius in the days and 19 degrees Celsius at night. The temperatures drop drastically in June and July to 16 degrees Celsius in the day and 4 degrees Celsius at night. It rains from October to March.
The exchange rate for 1 South African Rand (ZAR) is 4.80 Indian Rupees (INR).
Cost of Living in Johannesburg
The best way to get across the city is by car, there are many car rental companies here. Public transport is very limited and short in supply. Metered taxis charge around ZAR 11/km (INR 52.82/Km). Macdonald’s type meals can cost around ZAR 50 (INR 24.09) as compared to a dine in 3 course dinner that would cost ZAR 450 (INR 2160) and an inexpensive lunch would cost around ZAR 100(INR 480.17).
Mode of payments accepted in Johannesburg
All establishments accept only South African Rand, while most shops will accept cards.
Best places for your first meal in Johannesburg
Pavement cafés and restaurants, are all the rage in Johannesburg. Some of the more popular restaurant streets here are Illovo, Emmarentia, Melville, Parkhurst, Greenside, Parkview, Norwood, and Parktown. Though most restaurants cater to metropolitan clientele, many new restaurants serve up traditional South African dishes with modern twists.
Information and Data provided on this page is correct as ofOct 21th, 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.