Cheap flights from New Delhi to London City
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to London...
- Thu 28 NovDELLCYLOTIndirectOne way from ₹ 18,636
- Thu 5 DecDELLCYLOTIndirectOne way from ₹ 18,688
- Sun 15 DecDELLCYLOTIndirectOne way from ₹ 18,688
Flight information New Delhi to London City
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 6702 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from New Delhi to London City?
Book flight tickets from New Delhi to London City easily using Skyscanner’s bar chart.
- Hover the mouse on the bars to see prices of lights from New Delhi to London City month-wise. Select specific dates after clicking on a month and book cheap flights.
- Now stay updated about New Delhi to London City flight prices using Skyscanner’s price alert
What you need to know before flying from New Delhi to London City?
New Delhi, 110 037
London City Airport (LCY)
Getting to New Delhi
- The airport is situated about 23 km south of the city centre. Delhi Metro operates a Superfast airport service, ‘Orange line’ which takes one to Terminal 3 in 15-20 minutes.
- Buses are by far the cheapest transport in Delhi. State Transport Corporation (DTC) and private contractors operate A/C shuttle services every half hour from various parts of the city at nominal rates.
- Car Renting companies and tour operator provide high end cars. Metered taxies and Auto rickshaws are also available.
Travelling from London City
- Docklands Light Railway (DLR) offers a fast service linking to underground and national rail stations. The service frequency is about 8 to 15 minutes and travel duration is about 7- 17 minutes.
- National Rail is another option to travel out from the airport. Canning Town is the nearest station which is just 7 minutes away by DLR.
- Licensed London Taxi (Black Taxi) is available outside the airport.
- Visitor Oyster Card is a very convenient instrument to travel all across London as it can be used across all public transports.
- Book a car rental from the airport at Skyscanner’s car hire page
Facilities at New Delhi and London City airports
- Delhi airport has Lounges, Banking/Money Services, and Railway Reservation Counters. Free Medical services are available. There is free Wi-Fi, Conference and Business rooms, eating spaces and cafes, and shower facilities too.
- London City airport has services like Airport Concierge, Money Exchange, Food, Shopping etc. The airport has one terminal with the arrivals located in main terminal concourse. Facilities like cash dispensers, bars and restaurants, shopping business facilities are also available.
Time Difference between New Delhi and London
London is 4 hours and 30minutes behind India in summer and 5hours and 30 minutes behind in winter.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New Delhi to London City
There are no direct flights between New Delhi and London City airports. Flights with stopovers and connection flights take about 12 hours. Alternatively, passengers can take a flight to London Heathrow and reach their destination using local transport.
The in-flight entertainment depends on the airline one flies. Most in-flight magazines will have a lot of information on the destination cities. Read more on London’s famous tea scene here.
Weather in London
The climate is said to be temperate, oceanic with light regular rain. Summer (June to September) temperature is between 18o and 24oC while winter (December – February) temperatures vary from 2o to 7oC. July is the driest and December is the wettest months. Best time to travel is between July and August.
Exchange rate between British Pound (GBP) and Indian Rupees (INR)
Local currency is British Pound. One British Pound is 88.15 INR, for more info check here
Cost of living in London
Meals in inexpensive restaurants will be 15.00 GBP (1,322 INR). Mid-range restaurants meals for two will be 50.00GBP (4,408 INR) and Mc Meal at McDonalds will be 5.00GBP (441 INR). Transport in local transport one way would be 2.50 GBP (220 INR). Taxi per km will be 3.00 to 3.50 GBP (264 to 309 INR). Waiting for one hour would cost 45-50 GBP (3,967 – 4,408 INR).
Mode of payments accepted in London
For local transport the most popular mode of payment is by Oyster cards. They allow one to travel across all public transport. For petty payments up to 30 GBP (2,640 INR) contactless cards are popular.
Best places for your first meal in London.
Restaurants for fine dining are found in places like Camden Town, South Bank, Peckham Rye. Those looking for healthy food can look at places like Fritzovia, Notting Hill, and King’s Cross.
Good quality budget meals for less than 50.00 pounds (441 INR) can be found in places like Soho, China Town, South Bank and the like.
Information and data provided on this page is correct as of July 27th, 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.