Cheap flights from Chennai to Port blair
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Port Blair...
- Mon 18 NovMAAIXZVistaraDirectOne way from ₹ 3,510
- Tue 19 NovMAAIXZVistaraDirectOne way from ₹ 3,510
- Sat 16 NovMAAIXZIndiGoDirectOne way from ₹ 4,421
Flight information Chennai to Port blair
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1374 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from Chennai to Port blair?
- The price table above shows the lowest 2-way flight prices from Chennai to Port blair for each month. Clicking on the price will take you to a calendar view to choose specific dates as per your itinerary.
- If you are planning well in advance, you can set-up Skyscanner's price alerts to get notification whenever there is a price change from Chennai to Port blair flight tickets
What you need to know before flying from Chennai to Port Blair?
Meenambakkam, Chennai – 600027
VSI Airport, Port Blair – 744103, India
Getting to Chennai airport
- Chennai’s airport lies on GST road in the suburb of Meenambakkam, 20 km from the city.
- Travellers can either hire metered taxis or rickshaws or book prepaid cabs to get to the city.
Travelling from Port Blair Airport
- Port Blair airport is 5 km north of the city centre of Port Blair.
- Travellers can hire taxis or board one of the general buses to get to the airport.
- They can also rent cars to drive around. See more here.
Facilities at Chennai and Port Blair airports
- Chennai’s Meenambakkam airport has 60 minutes of free Wi-Fi, duty-free shopping spaces, conference rooms and business lounges, ATMs and banks, forex services, and cafés and restaurants.
- Veer Savarkar airport has a single terminal, medical assistance, information centre, snack bars and restaurants, and assistance for physically challenged passengers.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from Chennai to Port Blair
The minimum flight time from Port Blair to Chennai is 2h 10min, nonstop. Travellers can read up on the many interesting things to do in Port Blair and the surrounding areas. Did you know Port Blair is a popular destination with female solo travellers?
Weather in Port Blair
The best time to visit Port Blair is between October and March when the temperatures hover between 15 and 30 degrees Celsius and the climate is perfect for beach activities. See here.
Cost of living in Port Blair
A one-way local transport ticket in Port Blair costs INR 13, while a 1 km taxi ride approximately costs INR 10. An inexpensive meal costs INR 70, while a mid-range meal for two costs INR 600.
Mode of payments accepted in Port Blair
Travellers to Port Blair need to carry cash to pay for transport, food and local market purchases. There are many ATMs wherefrom travellers can withdraw money easily. Upscale hotels and resorts accept credit cards as well.
Best places for your first meal in Port Blair
Seafood preparations including prawns, lobsters, crabs, fishes, etc., and fruits feature predominantly in the cuisine of Andaman Islands. Head to the areas north of the airport towards the coastal areas for restaurants serving delicious local and global cuisines.
Documents required to travel from Chennai to Port blair
Passengers travelling from Chennai to Port blair must carry any one of the identity card listed below
- Valid Passport
- Pan card
- Valid driving license
- Election photo identification card
- In case of children, their school identification card or any other photo identification proof
- In case of infants, a valid birth certificate
Major airlines that operate from Chennai to Port blair
IndiGo flights to Port blair, Jet Airways flights to Port blair, GoAir flights to Port blair
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.