Cheap flights from New Delhi to Goa
Flight information New Delhi to Goa
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1506 kilometres
How to compare and get the best flights from New Delhi to Goa?
- The price table above shows the lowest 2-way flight prices from New Delhi to Goa for each month. Clicking on the price will take you to a calendar view to choose specific dates as per your itinerary.
- If you are planning well in advance, you can set-up Skyscanner's price alerts to get notification whenever there is a price change from New Delhi to Goa flight tickets
What you need to know before flying from New Delhi to Goa?
New Delhi – 110037, India
Dabolim, Vasco Da Gama, Goa, India
Getting to New Delhi airport
- Delhi airport lies 20 km south from Delhi’s city centre. Travellers can hire metered taxis or rickshaws or book prepaid taxis to get to the airport. They can also take A/C buses to the airport.
- If travellers want to travel by metro, the Orange Line of the Delhi metro will take them directly to T3.
Travelling from Goa airport
- Goa airport is situated 26 km south of Panjim. The easiest way to get to various parts of Goa is to either hire metered taxis or rickshaws or book prepaid taxis.
- To travel by bus, visitors need to take a taxi or walk to Chicalim bus stop which lies 1.5 km from the airport.
- Travellers can also rent a car to drive around. Check here.
Facilities at New Delhi and Goa airports
- Delhi airport has 2 domestic and 1 international terminals, free Wi-Fi for half an hour, forex and money changing facilities, ATMs, car rental counters, restaurants and cafes, and premium lounges.
- Goa airport is well-equipped with snack bars and cafes, ATMs and money changing services, vending machines and information counters.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New Delhi to Goa
The average flight time from New Delhi to Goa is 2h 25min non-stop. Tourists can either rest on the long haul or read up about the best that Goa has to offer.
Goa at a glance
Goa is the favourite destination of both domestic and international tourists looking for some sun and sand. Spread over an area of 3702 square kilometres, it is India’s smallest state with over 83% of its coastline covered by beautiful beaches.
Weather in Goa
During November to January, the rains are over and the sea is calm, making it the best time to visit Goa. The climate is pleasant with temperatures hovering between 16 to 31 degrees Celsius.
Cost of living in Goa
A public bus ride in Goa is cheap, costing INR 12-20, while a 3 km auto ride costs anywhere between INR 60 and 120 and a motorbike on rent costs anywhere between INR 200 and 300 per day. An inexpensive meal in Goa costs in the range of INR 100-400. When it comes to alcohol, a 0.65ml beer bottle costs INR 80-150 while a bottle of the traditional Goan drink of Feni costs INR 80-300.
Mode of payments accepted in Goa
Since the towns are located quite a distance from each other, as are the ATMs, tourists should carry plenty of cash for small purchases, food and transportation. Hotels, however, accept credit cards as well.
Best places for your first meal in Goa
Goa is a paradise for sea food lovers with rice and fish curry being its staple diet. You can feast on traditional Goan Catholic dishes like vindaloo, chaurico, sorpotel etc and on Goan Hindu dishes like khatkhate etc which are made with five vegetables and coconut mixed with local spices. A rich egg based, sweet dish known as bebinca is a favourite at most restaurants. Try out the many shacks and restaurants dotting the local beaches for an authentic Goan experience.
The unique blend of different religions and languages has given a rich composite culture to Goa. The state celebrates Christmas, Easter, Holi, Chavoth, Shigmo and Diwali with equal fervor. The Goan carnival and New Year celebrations are also big here and witnessed by tourists in large numbers. Dance, music, theatre are a regular part of life here. Culture lovers can visit the Goa State Museum and the Naval Aviation Museum for a glance into the rich tapestry of the tiny state. There are many forts in Goa such as Tiracol, Chapora, Corjuem, Aguada, Reis Magos, Nanus, Mormugao, Fort Gaspar Dias and Cabo de Rama. You can also relax at its world famous picturesque beaches like the Calangute, Baga, Miramar, Palolem etc.
Goa History and Architecture
The Portuguese ruled Goa for four and half centuries and even after India had won independence from the British. In 1961, the Indian Army finally gained control of Goa, Daman, and Diu after a military operation. Its architecture is a combination of Indian, Islamic and Portuguese styles. The Bom Jesus Cathedral, Churches and convents of Old Goa, Fort Aguada and a new wax museum on Indian history, culture and heritage in Old Goa are famous tourist spots. The beautiful Bom Jesus Basilica holds the mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier, who is regarded as the patron saint of Goa.
Shopping in Goa
Goa is known for its street shopping and flea markets. You can pick up colorful dresses, scarves, straw hats, trinkets, souvenirs and footwear from any one of the many stalls dotting its beaches. Goa is also famous for its Feni (local alcohol) and its dry fruits which are available in most supermarkets.
Documents required to travel from New Delhi to Goa
Passengers travelling from New Delhi to Goa must carry any one of the identity card listed below
- Valid Passport
- Pan card
- Valid driving license
- Election photo identification card
- In case of children, their school identification card or any other photo identification proof
- In case of infants, a valid birth certificate
Major airlines that operate from New Delhi to Goa
FAQ on Flights from New Delhi to Goa
- How far in advance should I book a flight to get the best deal for New Delhi to Goa flights?
- You can use the monthly price chart listed above to book your flights well in advance.
- How can I book cheap New Delhi to Goa flight tickets online?
- Use Skyscanner's flight search above and fill in your travel dates and click on "Search Flights". You can now choose the desired flight to Goa from the list.
- How Skyscanner is different from online travel agents?
- Skyscanner search engine pulls flight prices from all the major airlines and online travel agents like MakeMytrip,ClearTrip, Yatra, Goibibo etc., Hence you don’t have to check multiple websites to find the best price. Once you find your cheap flights & click to select, we link you directly to the airline or travel agent. No hidden charges, no added fees.
- Which is the cheapest month to book flights from New Delhi to Goa?
- Check the bar chart at the top to find the cheapest month to fly from New Delhi to Goa. The chart is based on the next 12 months price data we have.
- Should I opt for a travel insurance while flying from of New Delhi to Goa?
- It's always safe to travel with a travel insurance.
- Should I opt for on board food while travelling from New Delhi to Goa?
- Its suggested to opt for on board meals while flying to Goa.
- What is the check in luggage limit in New Delhi to Goa flights?
- Generally, 15 kg is the allowed baggage limit for an economy class passenger flying from New Delhi to Goa. Its advised to check your baggage limit that is printed on your ticket as it varies from airline to airline.
- What is the hand baggage limit in New Delhi to Goa flights?
- 7 to 10 kg is the allowed hand luggage limit while flying from New Delhi to Goa. For most recent updates on the hand luggage weight, contact respective airlines.
- What is the advantage of doing a web check in while flying from New Delhi?
- Web check-in confirms your travel while flying from New Delhi and saves your time at the check-in counter.
- How can I change my New Delhi to Goa travel dates after booking?
- Before check-in, the respective flight operator will allow you to change your travel dates. Generally, its chargeable based on the rescheduled date. It is recommended to contact respective airlines to know about the charges.
- How do I subscribe for Skyscanner's price alerts for cheap fares from New Delhi to Goa?
- Use Skyscanner's price alert tool to get notified about cheap fares from New Delhi to Goa.
Information and Data provided on this page is correct as of Apr 9th, 2019
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.