Cheap flights from Kochi to Colombo
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Colombo...
- Sun 15 SepCOKCMBIndiGoIndirectOne way from ₹ 5,013
- Fri 13 SepCOKCMBIndiGoIndirectOne way from ₹ 5,018
- Sat 14 SepCOKCMBIndiGoIndirectOne way from ₹ 5,018
Flight information Kochi to Colombo
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 515 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Colombo Bandaranayake, Colombo Ratmalana, Diyawanna Oya and Kelaniya
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from Kochi to Colombo?
- The price table above shows the lowest 2-way flight prices from Kochi to Colombo for each month. Clicking on the price will take you to a calendar view to choose specific dates as per your itinerary.
- If you are planning well in advance, you can set-up Skyscanner's price alerts to get notification whenever there is a price change from Kochi to Colombo flight tickets
What you need to know before flying from Kochi to Colombo?
Kochi Airport PO, Nedumbassery – 683111, Kerala, India
Canada Friendship Rd, Katunayake 11450, Sri Lanka
Ratmalana, Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia, Colombo, Western Province, Sri Lanka
Colombo Airports have direct flights from as many as 9-10 cities, and connecting flights from other Indian cities as well. See list here.
Travelling to Kochi airport
- Kochi/Cochin airport is located 42 km northeast of the city centre.
- Travellers can take buses, trains and prepaid/metered taxis from the city to the airport.
Travelling from Colombo airports
- Colombo’s Bandaranayke Airport is located 32 km north of the city in Katunayake, while Ratmalana Airport lies in Mount Lavinia, 17 km south of Colombo’s city centre.
- Travellers can take buses, private cars and taxis from the airport to the city.
- They can also rent cars too. See here and here.
Facilities at Kochi and Colombo airports
- Cochin airport has duty-free shops, restaurants and cafés, ATMs and banks, and lounges.
- Colombo’s airports have ATMs, banks, forex and currency exchange services, duty-free shops, restaurants and cafés, lounges, spas, etc.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from Kochi to Colombo
The average flight time from Kochi to Colombo is 1h 10min, via direct flights. Check out the best things to do in Colombo. Not only does the capital of Ceylon make for a great place for a short getaway, but it is not too heavy on the pocket as well.
Time Difference between Kochi and Colombo
There is no time difference between Kochi, India, and Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Weather in Colombo
The months of July-September and December-January are the best times to visit Colombo. The season is relatively dry with little precipitation. The sun is pleasant for outdoor exploration and the average mercury level is around 29-30 degrees Celsius.
1 Indian Rupee (INR) equals 2.36 Sri Lankan Rupees (LKR). See more here.
Cost of living in Colombo
Travelling from the airport to city centre areas such as Colombo 6 or the Fort Area costs LKR 2,500-3,000, while a bus for the same route costs LKR 110-130. Within the city, a 3 km tuk-tuk (local rickshaw) ride costs LKR 150-200. Inexpensive meals in the city costs LKR 300-1,500. The local street dish of Kottu Rotti costs around LKR 200-3,50. When it comes to beverages, a bottle of beer (popular brand ‘Lion’) costs LKR 240-400.
Mode of payments accepted in Colombo
Travellers will require cash for food, transport, entry tickets to attractions, market purchases - just about everything. Credit cards will only be accepted at the 4/5-star hotels and resorts. Exchange currency in the city, not at the airport.
Best places for your first meal in Colombo
Famous local dishes include all kinds of hoppers – meat, egg, and string are the most famous – Kottu Rotti, Dhal Curry with rice/string hoppers, Sambol and rice, Polos, Lamprais (Dutch), fish curries with rice, etc. Travellers should head to Colombo 07, Colombo 06 and the Fort Area for the best eats in the city.
Documents required to travel from Kochi to Colombo
Passengers travelling from Kochi to Colombo must carry all the documents listed below
- Valid Passport
- Valid Visa
- Return flight tickets (sometimes asked by the immigration depending on your visa type)
Major airlines that operate from Kochi to Colombo
Jet Airways flights to Colombo, Air India flights to Colombo, SriLankan Airlines flights to Colombo
FAQ on Flights from Kochi to Colombo
- Q1: How can I book cheap Kochi to Colombo flight tickets online? A: Use Skyscanner's flight search above and fill in your travel dates and click on "Search Flights". You can now choose the desired flight to Colombo from the list.
- Q2: How Skyscanner is different from online travel agents? A: Skyscanner search engine pulls flight prices from all the major airlines and online travel agents like MakeMytrip,ClearTrip, Yatra, Goibibo etc., Hence you don’t have to check multiple websites to find the best price. Once you find your cheap flights & click to select, we link you directly to the airline or travel agent. No hidden charges, no added fees.
Q3: Which is the cheapest month to book flights from Kochi to Colombo?
A: Check the bar chart at the top to find the cheapest month to fly from Kochi to Colombo. The chart is based on the next 12 months price data we have.
Q4: Should I opt for a travel insurance while flying from of Kochi to Colombo?
A: It's always safe to travel with a travel insurance.
Q5: Should I opt for on board food while travelling from Kochi to Colombo?
A: Its suggested to opt for on board meals while flying to Colombo.
Q6: What is the check in luggage limit in Kochi to Colombo flights?
A: Generally, 15 kg is the allowed baggage limit for an economy class passenger flying from Kochi to Colombo. Its advised to check your baggage limit that is printed on your ticket as it varies from airline to airline.
Q7: What is the hand baggage limit in Kochi to Colombo flights?
A: 7 to 10 kg is the allowed hand luggage limit while flying from Kochi to Colombo. For most recent updates on the hand luggage weight, contact respective airlines.
Q8: What is the advantage of doing a web check in while flying from Kochi?
A: Web check-in confirms your travel while flying from Kochiand saves your time at the check-in counter.
Q9: How can I change my Kochi to Colombo travel dates after booking?
A: Before check-in, the respective flight operator will allow you to change your travel dates. Generally, its chargeable based on the rescheduled date. It is recommended to contact respective airlines to know about the charges.
Q10: How do I subscribe for Skyscanner's price alerts for cheap fares from Kochi to Colombo?
A: Use Skyscanner's price alert tool to get notified about cheap fares from Kochi to Colombo.
Information and Data provided on this page is correct as of Sep 15th, 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.