Cheap flights from Mumbai to New York
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to New York...
- Thu 17 OctBOMLGAAir FranceIndirectOne way from ₹ 32,260
- Wed 16 OctBOMLGAAir FranceIndirectOne way from ₹ 34,342
- Tue 15 OctBOMJFKKuwait AirwaysIndirectOne way from ₹ 34,933
Flight information Mumbai to New York
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 12530 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
New York John F. Kennedy, New York Newark, New York LaGuardia and Stewart International
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from Mumbai to New York?
- The price table above shows the lowest 2-way flight prices from Mumbai to New York for each month. Clicking on the price will take you to a calendar view to choose specific dates as per your itinerary.
- If you are planning well in advance, you can set-up Skyscanner's price alerts to get notification whenever there is a price change from Mumbai to New York flight tickets
What you need to know before flying from Mumbai to New York?
Western Express Highway,
Sahar, Andheri East, Mumbai - 400 099 INDIA
233 Park Avenue South, 9th Floor, New York -10003, USA
225 Park Avenue South, 9th Floor, New York -10003, USA
Getting to Mumbai Airport
- Mumbai Airport is currently accessible only by road on the Western Express Highway.
- BEST buses run routes that connect to the western suburbs of the city.
- Taxis and auto rickshaws ply to the airport from different parts of the city.
Travelling from New York Airport
- The Air Train is a free service that connects all terminals to the railway station at the airport.
- The railway station at the airport is connected to New Jersey, New York, and Long Island. Amtrak, the national train service, also stops at the airport station.
- State run bus services and cabs ply to the city.
- Cars can be hired from the airport here.
Facilities at Mumbai and New York airports
- Mumbai airport has facilities like free Wi-Fi throughout the terminals. General facilities like ATMs, Banking/Money Exchange services, postal services, phone booths etc and medical services manned by doctors 24X7, rest rooms and baby care rooms are also available. Food and shopping facilities including a duty free shop in Terminal 2 are available.
- New York airports have many facilities that make traveling more relaxed. There is a plethora of shopping and dining options, exquisite lounges, transit hotels and access for physically challenged and elderly travellers.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from Mumbai to New York
The average flight time from Mumbai to New York is about 15hrs 50mins, non-stop. Skyscanner Travel Blogs has some helpful tips to avoid travel fatigue and air rage on long flights.
Time difference between Mumbai and New York
Currently, India is 9hrs 30mins ahead of New York. The time difference will reduce to 8 hrs 30 mins during daylight savings time.
Weather in New York
The daytime highs in New York range between 25 and 3 degrees Celsius between the months of July and January. Night time temperatures correspond accordingly at 21 and -6 degrees Celsius between July and January.
1 US dollar (USD) is equal to INR 66.75.For more info check here.
Cost of living in New York
Taking the Subway or PATH (Port Authority Trans Hudson) rail is the best way to get across New York. A ticket from start to end costs USD 2.75 (INR 184). Express buses can be taken between Manhattan and the outer boroughs, not serviced by the Subway. Express bus tickets are generally USD 6 (INR 401) and are less crowded than subways. Fast food like a hotdog, from a cart, can cost anywhere between USD 1 (INR 67) to USD 3 (INR 200). 2 McDonald burgers are about USD 5 (INR 333).
Mode of payments accepted in New York
All establishments accept US Dollars. Most establishments will accept Credit and Debit cards too.
Best places for your first meal in New York.
New York is known for its Pizzas. The Italian immigrants made their own versions of the traditional pizza and today it is known as a New York Slice. A Slice of Pizza can cost as less as 99 cents (INR 66). It does not matter when you land in New York, you will find pizzerias in the city open 24X7.
Documents required to travel from Mumbai to New York
Passengers travelling from Mumbai to New York must carry all the documents listed below
- Valid Passport
- Valid Visa
- Return flight tickets (sometimes asked by the immigration depending on your visa type)
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.