Flights to India
Flights to India
A Trip to India
India, the world’s second most populous country, is a diverse land full of colour, vigour and glory. From being one of the oldest civilisations of the world to an emerging economic giant and tourist destination, the country has come a long way. To its visitors, India brings something new to the table each time.
Airlines flying to India are IndiGo, JetKonnect ,AirAsia, Jet Airways, Vistara, Air India Express, Air India, AirAsia India, Star Equatorial Airlines, SpiceJet, Air Costa,Uzbekistan Airways, Go Air, Alliance Air. Other airlines flying to India are Emirates, Thai Airways, Royal Nepal Airlines, Etihad Airways, Malindo Air, Kuwait Airways, Sri Lankan Airlines, Gulf Air, flydubai, Mihin Lanka, Druk Air, Saudia, Qatar Airways, Scoot, Oman Air, Singapore Airlines.
How to find cheap flights to India?
Skyscanner is a leading travel search engine that simplifies the process of finding flights to India. Compare the prices offered by several airline companies and travel agents, and choose the one that suits you best.
- Skyscanner’s price alert tool sends notifications whenever there is a change in price. Regular updates are sent from time to time and you can always modify your subscription as per your convenience.
- To find the cheapest month to travel to the India, take a look at our month view tool and book your tickets accordingly.
Which city is cheap to fly to in India?
For information about the cheapest cities to travel to in India, check the countries section and select your preferred country. The page that you will be redirected to, will have a brief description about the country, its cities and their air fares.
Domestic travel between cities
To get around India, one of the fastest and most convenient forms of transport is the train. The country’s rail network, Indian Railways, is considered as one of the world’s largest railway networks. But note that whilst train travel is the most commonly used form of transport, the country is large and the train journeys can be long and tiring. For those wanting to get around quickly, domestic flights would be the better option. Car hire is another way of getting around the country.
Things to do in India
- From mountains to deserts and beaches, India has so much to explore! The must-visit cities are Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Goa, Jaipur, Kolkata andMumbai to name a few. Dehradun, one of India’s greatest and gems, is a tranquil getaway in Himachal Pradesh. You can also visit the holy cities of Rishikesh and Varanasi, the gateway to the Himalayas and birthplace of yoga. A paradise for history buffs, Patna is a city rich in history and culture. To know more about some of the must-visit places in India, refer to this Skyscanner article.
- Indian cuisine is a delectable mix of many regional cuisines such as North Indian, South Indian, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali, Maharashtrian, Rajasthani and North-Eastern cuisines, with each one having its own unique taste. Some of the favourites include Palak Paneer, Chicken Tikka Masala, Biryani, Idli, Dosa as well as several kinds of desserts.
- India has both traditional markets (bazaar) and upmarket malls with all international brands. Local flavours are best found during street shopping, while the swanky malls feature world’s brands under one roof.
Before you fly to India
Visa and documents required to visit India
Foreign nationals visiting India should have valid international documents. For information on visas, refer to the online visa portal of India.
Best time to visit India
With hot summers in some regions and temperatures below 0 ˚C in others, the country has much to offer when it come to the weather. If you want to enjoy the beauty of this country to the fullest, October to March is the best time to visit as the weather in most of the regions is enjoyable and it is also the festival season in India.
Time Zone and weather of India
According to Greenwich Mean Time, the time zone of India is GMT+5:30. India is a diverse country with varied terrains. It experiences a tropical climate with tropical monsoons and humid climate in many areas. Certain regions experience sub-tropical and dry climates as well.
Currency and exchange rates of India
Indian Rupee (INR) is the standard currency used in India. The current exchange rate with respect to US Dollars is 66 INR per 1 USD.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to India
India is a country of diversity, whether it is in the case of religions including Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism, Jainism, etc., festivals such as Holi, Diwali, Eid, Christmas and Dusshera or cuisines, dance, music, languages and clothing. Each aspect is different from place to place and has been influenced by millennia of history and heritage. Indian culture is deep rooted in the people, and is becoming popular throughout the world.
When in India, keep in mind the following points.
- Smoking in public places is banned in India.
- Maintain a decent dress code while visiting any place of worship in the country.
NOTE: All the information mentioned above is correct as of 11th October 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.