Flights to Malaysia
Flights to Malaysia
A Trip to Malaysia
Malaysia is a world-renowned tourist attraction and travelling to the country is extremely rewarding. The tallest skyscrapers, pristine waters, mountain peaks and highlands are some of the gems offered by this charming country located in Southeast Asia.
Carriers flying from India to Malaysia are Air Asia, Malindo Air, Malaysia Airlines, Air Asia X. Other airlines flying to Malaysia are Singapore Airlines, Saudia, Thai Smile, Jet Airways, ANA, Air Mauritius, SilkAir, Korean Air, Regent Airways, Emirates, Dragonair, Uzbekistan Airways, Thai Airways, Japan Airlines, Myanmar Airways International, Cathay Pacific, Turkish Airlines, Iran Air, Etihad Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Air Astana, Qatar Airways, Mihin Lanka, Mahan Air, Sri Lankan Airlines, China Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines, Tigerair, China Eastern, Mega Maldives, Bangkok Airways, Air China, Iraqi Airways, Oman Air, Royal Nepal Airlines, PIA, China Southern, Asiana Airlines, Thai Air Asia, Air India.
How to find cheap flights to Malaysia?
If you are up for an amazing trip to Malaysia, then Skyscanner would provide you the best way to initiate your journey. Compare price rates offered by all major airlines and enjoy your much-awaited vacation.
- Skyscanner offers a very useful price alert tool, that notifies you whenever there is a change in price. You will receive regular updates from time to time, so that you can plan your holiday based on your budget. As per your convenience, you can always modify or unsubscribe the alerts.
- If you wish to know the cheapest month when you can travel to Malaysia, take a look at our month view tool and book your tickets accordingly.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Malaysia?
To find the cheapest city to fly to Malaysia, refer to the countries section and select the desired country. The page that you will be redirected to, will give you a description about the country, its cities and the air fares.
Domestic travel between cities
- Malaysia offers a good connectivity for intercity air travel. There are numerous flights available, which provide convenient travel at affordable rates. For more details, check out the Skyscanner page for flight availabilities.
- Bus services in Malaysia are convenient and easily accessible for intercity travel.
- If you have an international driving license, then renting a car in Malaysia is the best option for getting around the country.
Things to do in Malaysia
With a diverse terrain and multi-cultural society, Malaysia has something for everyone. Following are the must-visit places in the country.
- The iconic Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur is well-known around the word and has become a national icon.
- Mount Kinabalu Sabah is the highest mountain in the Malay Archipelago and is a popular attraction for climbers from across the globe.
- Enjoy the cool climate and refreshing tea in Malaysia’s most widespread hill station, Cameron Highlands. You can stay in the old English-inspired guesthouses and even go on a strawberry picking tour at one of the many farms.
- The Genting Highlands are a famous tourist attraction and have a number of different locations that can be visited. These include indoor and outdoor theme parks, a water park, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum and a casino.
- The Batu Caves is a Hindu shrine in Gombak, located in a limestone hill with many caves and temples, the biggest being the Cathedral Cave.
Before you fly to Malaysia
Visa for Indians flying to Malaysia
To apply for a visa to Malaysia, Indian residents need to have valid documents, such as an Indian passport. If you are visiting for a limited period of time, you can apply for visa on arrival, abiding by the terms and conditions that apply. Check out the VFS Global website for more.
Best time to visit Malaysia
Due to its location just north of the equator, the climate of Malaysia remains from warm throughout the year with moderate rainfall. The country receives maximum rainfall during September and October, which are the best months to visit.
Time and weather difference between India and Malaysia
Malaysia is 2 hours 30 minutes ahead of India. The weather of Malaysia remains warm throughout the year, with high humidity and moderate rainfall during most of the time of the year. This is different from the diverse weather conditions of India.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Malaysia
1 Malaysian Ringgit is approximately equal to 16 Indian Rupees. The cost of living in Malaysia is higher than India.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Malaysia
Malaysia is greatly influenced by the cultures of India and China, owing to the trade and immigration from these countries. It has a multilingual and multicultural society, with a mix and match of most of the cultures and traditions of Asia. With Buddhism being the major religion of the country, there are a number of monasteries in Malaysia which are major tourist spots.
Here is a list of dos and don’ts to follow, during your stay in Malaysia.
- While visiting a place of worship, shoes should be removed outside.
- Other than Buddhists, Muslims constitute a large section of the society of Malaysia, hence toasting in public is not a common practice there.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 1st October 2016.
Know more about Malaysia:
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.