Flights to Italy
Flights to Italy
Flights to regions in Italy
A Trip to Italy
Italy is one of the most popular countries in world. It is famous all over the world for its art and culture, history, exciting events, nature, lakes, mountains, golf, boating, thermal spas, sports and adventure. The country is also home to the fashion capital of the world, Milan.
Carriers flying from India to Italy Air India. Other airlines flying to Italy are Emirates, Singapore Airlines, United, Lufthansa, Swiss, Finnair, Etihad Airways, Thai Airways, Kuwait Airways, British Airways, Oman Air, EgyptAir, Qatar Airways, Cathay Pacific, China Eastern, Jet Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, China Southern, Air France, Saudia, Asiana Airlines, KLM, Air China, Air Canada, Turkish Airlines, EL AL Israel Airlines, Uzbekistan Airways, Alitalia, Austrian Airlines, Mahan Air, Aeroflot, Korean Air, IranAir.
How to find cheap flights to Italy?
The global metasearch engine that Skyscanner provides makes the best deals to Italy available to you, by comparing prices of all airlines and travel agents.
- If you are planning a vacation to Italy, our price alert tool might come handy for you to acquire an up-to-date knowledge regarding ticket prices and the latest changes in air fares. The information is offered through regular e-mails so that you can avail the best price at the best time.
- You can also check our month view tool and find out the cheapest month/day to travel to Italy.
Which city is the cheapest to fly to in Italy?
To pick the cheapest city to fly to in Italy, refer to the countries section and opt for the place that you wish to visit. You will be forwarded to a page comprising a short overview of the country, along with the popular destinations and their air fares.
Domestic travel between cities
There are ample facilities of public transport that link the different cities within Italy. You can tour around Italy via airways, railways and roadways.
- Train services in the country are highly efficient and are available in various types: high-speed trains, inter-city trains as well as regional and international trains. High-speed trains usually run along short distances whereas Intercity trains connect major cities like Milan, Naples, Venice, Rome and Genoa. Make sure you get hold of a zone ticket card and travel within a region at the cheapest rates.
- The northern and central parts of Italy have a well-developed system of motorways with numerous car rental services being easily available. As most motorways in the country are toll roads, you are required to pay a minimum toll between INR 4.42/ USD 0.07 and INR 8.83/ USD 0.13 for each kilometre. Use Skyscanner’s car hire option to save on your local conveyance costs.
- You can also board local buses that cover almost all regions across the country. Tickets are to be bought prior to your boarding and can be validated on an automated machine. There is also provision for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly tickets along with multi-use tickets, depending on your choice.
Things to do in Italy
Situated at the centre of the Mediterranean Sea, Italy boasts of a long-established artistic heritage and rich cultural tradition. The capital city, Rome, happens to be a religious hub and is also home to the Pope who is the head of the Catholic Church. Romantic. It is also one of the most romantic countries in the world.
- The peninsular landscape of Italy houses some of the most exquisite architectural marvels in the world, like the Colosseum, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Piazza Del Campo and the likes. Venice, the city of water, renowned for its spectacular natural canals. Florence, the capital of Tuscany, is marked to be the ‘cradle of Renaissance’ for its baroque cathedrals and extravagant monuments. The historical site of Pompeii is another significant tourist spot that bears witness to the catastrophic volcanic eruption.
- The Italian cuisine is quite diverse with numerous influences from Jewish, Etruscan, Greek, Byzantine and Roman food habits. Apart from the classic Italian pizzas and pastas, you can also gorge on lip-smacking desserts like Gelato, Tiramisu and Cassata.
- It goes without saying that Italy is the perfect haven for shopaholics across the world. From trendy outfits to elegant jewellery, there is nothing that this place deprives you of.
Before you fly to Italy
Before you take your flight to Italy, you must take the following instructions into account.
Visa for Indians flying to Italy
If you are applying for a visa, fill an online application and submit it along with your latest passport. However, the application is valid for only 30 days from the date of submission. For further information, check out the website of Embassy of India, Rome.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Italy is between the months of April and June and mid-September and October. The temperature remains quite mild and comfortable.
Time difference between India and Italy
As per the GMT time zone, India is 3 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Italy.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Italy
1 Indian Rupee is equal to 0.014 Euro. It must be noted that the currency of Italy is often mistaken for Italian Lira although it has been replaced to Euro on January 1, 1999.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Italy
The vibrant culture of Italy is steeped in architecture, music, painting, food and religion. The official language spoken here is Italian while the dominant religion followed is Roman Catholicism.
Here are some rules that you should be aware of and follow.
- Smoking in public places is considered to be a serious offence.
- Do not comment on religion, politics, mafia and other such sensitive topics.
- Be respectful to the local culture.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 3rd October, 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.