Flights to China
A Trip to China
The ancient land of China, officially called as the People’s Republic of China, is a large country situated in Eastern Asia. Blessed with breath-taking landscapes, time-honoured history, wonderful manmade attractions and profound culture, China is a world-renowned tourist destination, inviting huge crowds from home and around the globe. If you are visiting China for the first time, check out Skyscanner’s guide for first-time visitors.
Carriers flying from India to China are China Eastern, Air China, Shandong Airlines, China Southern, Air India. Other airlines flying to China are Cathay Pacific, Lufthansa, KLM, Emirates, Thai AirAsia, Malindo Air, Singapore Airlines, Tigerair, Mihin Lanka, Thai Airways, Aeroflot, Virgin Atlantic, Dragonair, Hong Kong Airlines, Thai Smile, AirAsia, Japan Airlines, Kenya Airways, Etihad Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Finnair, Asiana Airlines, China Airlines, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Scoot, Air Mauritius, Korean Air, Air France, Air Astana, SilkAir, Turkish Airlines, Uzbekistan Airways, Malaysia Airlines, British Airways, EgyptAir, ANA, Saudia, Mega Maldives, SriLankan Airlines, AirAsia X, Austrian Airlines, Jet Airways, Oman Air, Pegasus Asia.
How to find cheap flights to China?
Skyscanner enhances your travel experience by offering easy-to-use search tools. Find the cheapest flights to China by comparing the costs of top airline companies.
- Skyscanner offers a useful price alert tool which notifies you in times of any change in price. Regular notifications from time to time will keep you updated. Based on your convenience and requirements, you can modify or end your subscription.
- If you wish to know the cheapest month or day when you can travel to China, take a look at our month view tool and book your tickets accordingly.
Which city is cheap to fly to in China?
To find the cheapest city to fly to China, refer to the countries section and select the desired country. You will be redirected to a page that will briefly describe the country, along with its popular cities and their air fares.
Domestic travel between cities
- Domestic travel in China is convenient and cheap, with well-connected airline networks to all major cities of the country. To find the cheapest flight tickets between different cities, refer to Skyscanner’s page on flight information.
- With the comprehensive bus network that China has, you can reach even the remotest place in any city easily. The conditions of the roads are good, making your travel experience a comfortable one.
- If you have a Chinese license, then hiring a car is the best option for a city tour. Check out Skyscanner’s page for car hire and explore the wide range of options available.
Things to do in China
- China consists of a large number of famous cities. The top tourist destinations are Beijing, Guangzhou, Guilin, Hangzhou, Kunming, Nanjing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Xi’an and Yangzhou. There are countless tourist places in China ranging from sites historical to cultural sites and scenic landscapes. Visiting the famous Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, a cruise in Yangtze River, Jiuzhaigou Valley, Li River in Guilin would be lifetime experiences for nature enthusiasts. The innumerable wonders of the world like the Great Wall, Terra Cotta Warriors and Forbidden City are great places for history buffs. The renowned Victoria Harbor, Potala Palace, Mount Huang, Leshan Giant Buddha, Pudong Skyline, Silk Road and Yellow Mountain are among the top attractions in the country.
- China offers delicious cuisines which have a high reputation around the globe. Rice and wheat are the staple foods of China. Apart from these, different kinds of legumes, millet, sweet potato, corn, potato and buckwheat are also widely consumed in the country.
- China provides huge shopping opportunities. From all kinds of merchandise to wonderful mementos, unique clothing and handicrafts, China will never disappoint you when it comes to shopping. The well-known Chinese silk, tea, jade & pearls, paintings, Chinese medicines, antiques & rugs and local handicrafts items are the best buys in China.
Before you fly to China
Visa for Indians flying to China
In order to apply for a visa to China, Indian citizens are required to produce a valid Indian passport, among other documents. For more details on applications and procedures, visit the website of the Chinese Consulate in Mumbai.
Best time to visit China
The spring season, which lasts from March to May is the best time to visit China. The weather remains pleasant, unlike the hot summers in some areas of the country. Another good time to visit China is during the autumn which lasts throughout September and October.
Time and weather difference between India and China
China is 2 hours 30 minutes ahead of India. Due to the vast area covered by China, there are different climatic conditions in different parts of the country. Much like India, it has cold winters and hot summers. However, some regions have pleasant summers and moderate rainfall during both, the summers and the winters.
Currency and exchange rates between India and China
1 INR is approximately equal to 0.10 Chinese Yuan. Although credit cards are accepted in popular hotels and malls, most of the transactions in smaller places are done through cash.
Culture and important information to know before you travel to China
A culturally and geographically diverse country, China is the third largest nation in the world with a territory of 9.6 million square kilometres. It is also the most populous country in the globe with a population of more than 1.35 billion. 91% of the total population is constituted by Han Chinese people and the rest by other 56 distinct ethnic groups.
Following are a few dos and don’ts to be taken care of before you fly to China.
- When dealing with a government official, it is best to keep calm and follow the instructions.
- Punctuality is considered an asset in China. Hence, make sure that you are on time for any meeting, formal or informal.
- Beware of tourist scams and only use licensed services.
NOTE: All the information mentioned above is correct as of 10th October 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.