Flights to Philippines
Flights to Philippines
A Trip to Philippines
Blessed with many wonderful beaches, enthralling natural wonders and places of historical significance, the Philippines has enticed many travellers around the globe. The spectacular Banaue Rice Terraces in the country are a nature lover’s paradise and make the Philippines a must-visit for one and all.
No airlines flying direct from India to Philippines. Other airlines flying to Philippines are Emirates, Dragonair, China Southern, Singapore Airlines, Tigerair, Turkish Airlines, Etihad Airways, ANA, Ethiopian Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Oman Air, Japan Airlines, Qatar Airways, Saudia, China Airlines, AirAsia, Asiana Airlines, KLM, SilkAir, Gulf Air, Air China, Thai Airways, Kuwait Airways, China Eastern, Malaysia Airlines, Korean Air.
How to find cheap flights to the Philippines?
Skyscanner’s global metasearch engine makes the best deals to the Philippines available to you, by comparing prices of all airlines and travel agents.
- Subscribe to the price alert tool of Skyscanner and get regular email notifications regarding changing air fares and discount offers on flights to the Philippines.
- Browse through the month view tool and find out the cheapest month/day to travel to the Philippines. Plan your dream vacation according to your budget.
Which city is cheap to fly to in the Philippines?
The countries section on Skyscanner’s homepage gives you a brief description of your desired location (Philippines) as well as a list of air fares to major cities in the place.
Domestic travel between cities
- Since the Philippines is comprised of more than 7000 islands, the best way to get around the archipelago is by plane. There is a well-connected network of domestic flights between the cities in the Philippines, easing the way of travellers.
- Boats are another popular means to travel between the islands in the Philippines, with fares ranging between INR 1000/USD 20 and INR 4000/USD 60.
- The Philippines also has a rail network between major cities like Manila, Naga, Camarines Sur and Ligao. Train travel is comfortable but quite slow, especially if there are delays.
- It is also possible for tourists to explore the larger cities by rented car since most of the roadways of the country are concentrated around the larger islands and bigger cities.
Things to do in the Philippines
Golden beaches, azure seas, enthralling natural wonders and historically significant places all make up the irresistible charm of Philippines. The archipelago exists on the easternmost tip of Asia and entices travellers from far and wide.
Puerto Galera is famous for its pristine beaches, beautiful diving spots and rich marine life. An enthralling mixture of golden beaches and stunning resorts, Boracay Island is the perfect location to enjoy parasailing, snorkelling and cliff diving. Go on a thrilling boat ride on Puerto Princesa, the longest navigable underground river. The lofty waterfalls of Sorsogan and Tubbataha Reef are other places where exhilarating adventure await the curious traveller. The Chocolate Hills, Rizal Park and Mayon Volcano are other attractions of Philippines.
Before you fly to the Philippines
Visa for Indians flying to the Philippines
Certain Indian nationals are allowed visa-free entry to the Philippines. Check out the Embassy of Philippines website for further details. For all others, applications must be sent to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in India.
Best time to visit the Philippines
The best time to visit the Philippines is between the months of December and May. The festivities surrounding New Year’s Eve and Easter add further attraction to visitors.
Time and weather difference between India and Philippines
The Philippines experiences a warm climate with three distinct seasons. June to October is the rainy or wet season, November to February is the cool and dry season, and March to May is the hot and dry season. The island nation enjoys a lot of annual rainfall along with gentle winds.
The Philippines is 2 hours and 30 minutes ahead of the Indian time zone.
Currency and exchange rate between India and Philippines
The currency of Philippines is the Philippine Peso. 1 Indian Rupee equals to 0.73 Philippine Peso.
Culture important information to know before you fly to the Philippines
The culture of Philippines is a harmonious blend of eastern and western traditions. Due to the long colonization by the Spanish, a lot of Hispanic influence is seen in the religious rituals and dance forms prevalent in the country. There is a lot of European colonial-style architecture in the Philippines as well. The widespread use of the English language and affinity for pop culture emanates from the fact that Philippines was a territory of the US for nearly 50 years. The Austronesian culture has largely affected the language and cuisine of Philippines. Filipinos also have a distinctive style of painting and body art, perfected through the centuries.
- Certain parts of Philippines are unsafe for tourists; do a thorough research and check with the locals before setting out to explore a particular place off the beaten track.
- Try to arrive in the Philippines with enough local cash; if not, exchange it through reliable sources like your hotel.
- Filipinos are renowned for their cordial nature, so do not hesitate to ask for help.
- Local women tend to dress in short dresses and skirts.
- Be polite to all you meet and keep your conversations light-hearted.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 29th September 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.