Flights to Nepal
Flights to Nepal
A Trip to Nepal
Home to the world’s highest mountain peak, Mount Everest and a thrilling adventure destination, Nepal calls out to all the backpackers around the globe for a roller-coaster experience. Witness the vintage charm that the capital city of Kathmandu holds, as you explore the numerous heritage attractions that it boasts of. The lush greenery that suffuses the panorama of this country produces a jaw-dropping view, for you to behold.
Carriers flying from India to Nepal are Jet Airways, Air India, Bhutan Airlines, IndiGo, Royal Nepal Airlines, Buddha Air. Other airlines flying to Nepal are Etihad Airways, Oman Air, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, Thai Airways, Malindo Air, Druk Air, Qatar Airways, Malaysia Airlines, flydubai, Silk Air.
How to find cheap flights to Nepal?
Skyscanner is an ideal platform to find the cheapest flights to Nepal. By comparing all the available airlines’ and online travel agents’ flight prices, they offer exciting deals for you to avail.
- Our price alert tool notifies you whenever there is a change in air fares. Regular updates are sent to your mobile phone, for you to plan your holiday in advance.
- To know more about the cheapest months to travel to Nepal, take a look at our month view tool and book your tickets accordingly.
Domestic travel between cities
- Domestic travel in Nepal is served by a number of airlines at affordable rates. Most of the cities of Nepal are well-connected by air to provide the tourists and residents with convenient air travels. For more details, log on to the flight availabilities section of Skyscanner.
- Bus travel in Nepal is a good option if you are looking to get around the city. Travel coaches are available on the main roads of all important cities.
- Car hire is another option for getting around the country. Most of the rented cars in Nepal come with a driver, which makes traveling around faster and convenient. For more details, check out our car hire
Things to do in Nepal
The diverse terrain and pleasant weather conditions, along with the rich cultural heritage, make Nepal a traveller’s paradise.
- The famed Pashupatinath Temple, located in Kathmandu, is one of the main tourist attractions of Nepal.
- If you are a history buff, then the ancient towns of Bhaktapur and Lumbini, Darbar Square, Bodnath, The Shechen monastery, Patan and Gorkha are other places which should not be missed.
- If you are interested in adventure activities, then a trekking expedition to the Mount Everest should not be missed. Other popular trekking destinations are Annapurna trek, Langtang National Park trek, Poon Hill trek, Rara Lake trek and Kanchenjunga trek.
- Pokhara and Nagarkot are the perfect destinations for all nature lovers visiting Nepal.
- The Jawalakhel Handicraft centre is a famous shop where you can see Tibetan Refugee cooperatives involved in carpet making. Paper Park, Dhukuti, Babar Mahal revisited and Trivedi Marg are some of the major shops and shopping areas in Kathmandu.
Before you fly to Nepal
Visa for Indians flying to Nepal
Visa laws of Nepal are liberal for Indian citizens. Indian citizens can enter the country with an Indian passport, an Indian driving licence, Voter ID or a Ration card. Temporary passports are not entertained in the country. For more information on the documents required, check the Bureau of Immigration website.
Best time to visit Nepal
The months of June to August are the best months to travel to Nepal, when the skies are blue and the mesmerising view of the snow-capped peaks will leave you awe-struck.
Time and weather difference between India and Nepal
Nepal is 15 minutes ahead of India. India and Nepal, being neighbouring countries with similar terrains, share a similar kind of weather. It has hot summers, cold winters and pleasant autumn and spring seasons and receives moderate rainfall between the months of June to August.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Nepal
1 Indian Rupee is equal to 1.60 Nepalese Rupee. Indian currency is accepted in most places of Nepal, however, it is always wise to get your currency exchanged before the trip. Make sure to get all your Nepalese currency exchanged before leaving Nepal, since carrying it outside the country is illegal.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Nepal
The rich cultural heritage of Nepal is due to the Tibeto-Burman, Indo-Aryan and indigenous influence that has been a part of its heritage since times immemorial. Although Nepal houses a percentage of all the main religions, namely Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam and Christianity, more than 80% of the population in the country practices Hinduism, making it a Hindu nation. Dashain or Dusshera, lasts for several days and is the most celebrated festival of the country. Nepalese population is a conservative one and dressing in a decent manner is a wise choice when in the country.
Note: All the above information is correct as of 12th October 2016.
Know more about Nepal:
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.