Cheap flights from Kolkata to Mumbai
Flight information Kolkata to Mumbai
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1669 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
How to compare and get the best flights from Kolkata to Mumbai?
- The price table above shows the lowest 2-way flight prices from Kolkata to Mumbai for each month. Clicking on the price will take you to a calendar view to choose specific dates as per your itinerary.
- If you are planning well in advance, you can set-up Skyscanner's price alerts to get notification whenever there is a price change from Kolkata to Mumbai flight tickets
What you need to know before flying from Kolkata to Mumbai?
Airport information from Kolkata (Calcutta) to Mumbai (Bombay)
Kolkata – 700052, West Bengal, India
Western Express Highway, Sahar, Andheri (East), Mumbai – 400099, India
Getting to Kolkata Airport
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose airport is located 14km northeast of the city centre of Kolkata. Travellers can either hire metered taxis or rickshaws or book prepaid taxis to the airport.
- Travellers can also take a train to the Biman Bandar airport railway station.
Travelling from Mumbai Airport
- Chhatrapati Shivaji airport lies on the Western Express highway in Andheri East. Travellers going beyond Bandra to south Mumbai need to take prepaid taxis since rickshaws are barred entry after Bandra. Travellers going north to Borivali can hire metered taxis or rickshaws or book prepaid taxis. Travellers can also rent cars to drive around.
- An important piece of advice is that travellers should avoid local trains and buses since non-natives will find it difficult to travel in them.
Facilities at Kolkata and Mumbai Airports
- Kolkata airport has an international and domestic terminal, forex and money changing facilities, eateries and cafes, shopping spaces, ATMs and banking services, rest rooms and business lounges.
- The domestic and international terminals at Mumbai airport are connected via a free shuttle bus service which ferries passengers every 20 minutes. The airport is well-equipped with free Wi-Fi, duty-free shopping spaces, eateries and cafes, conference rooms and business lounges, forex and money changers, and medical assistance facilities.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from Kolkata to Mumbai
The flight time from Kolkata to Mumbai is 2h 35min on an average. You can catch a quick nap or make a list of places you want to visit once you land in Mumbai.
Mumbai at a glance
Mumbai is the financial capital of India. Since colonial times, Mumbai has been a major port of the country. It is also famous for being home to India’s Film and TV industry, ‘Bollywood.’ It has a lively night life, with plays, dance recitals, concerts, both Indian classical and modern music and many eateries that open up late into the night.
Weather in Mumbai
In winters, Mumbai weather becomes pleasant as the humidity drops, making November to February the best time to visit the city. Temperatures hover between 20 and 30 degrees Celsius.
Cost of living in Mumbai
3 km rickshaw and taxi rides in Mumbai cost approximately INR 30-36 and INR 60-90 respectively. An inexpensive meal can cost anywhere between INR 80 and 400. Mumbai’s iconic street food vadapav costs anywhere between INR 10 and 20.
Mode of payments accepted in Mumbai
Small shopping and food establishments demand cash, as do souvenir shops and any form of local transport. Hence, travellers should carry cash, and ATMs are plentiful. Bigger establishments such as mid-range restaurants and all hotels accept all debit and credit cards.
Best places for your first meal in Mumbai
Mumbai’s food is representative of its immigrant culture. After a long flight, head to Juhu or Vile Parle west. Food from all over the country has found a home in Mumbai. On the streets of Mumbai, one can easily find tea vendors selling “cutting Chai” (half a glass of potent masala tea), along with the ubiquitous ‘Vada Pav.’ Especially chaat – panipuri, bhelpuri and masala puri. Mumbai has a thriving Street food culture. The old style Irani Cafés still exist in Mumbai, though they are quickly dying out. If in Mumbai do try the local Koliwada and Malvani seafood cuisines.
Mumbai’s culture is a mix of its residents. The people here speak a mix of Marathi, Hindi and Gujarati. The city has a vibrant nightlife and is relatively safe for women in comparison to other Indian cities. Mumbai has something for everyone, art galleries, museums, theatre, live music, resto lounges and clubs. Every form of entertainment is available on tap and to your budget.
Mumbai History and Architecture:
The city (original 7 islands) was inhabited for over 2000 yrs. The current city was formed when the 7 islands were joined by reclaiming land from the sea around 1782 AD. Mumbai has the largest number of Art Deco buildings following Miami. The south part of Mumbai beginning from Bandra towards Colaba has many British Raj era buildings, Major land marks Like Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus, and erstwhile Victoria Terminus comes from the Indo Saracenic Revival period. Rest of Mumbai’s architecture is contemporary and reflective of various decades.
Shopping in Mumbai:
Mumbai is a shopper’s delight; one can find a bargain outside any railway station as vendors sell their goods to commuters. Famous street shopping locales are Linking Road at Bandra, Dadar, Lokhandwala at Andheri West, Colaba Causeway and Fashion Street at Fort. There are a bevy of Malls in Mumbai that cater to the frugal buyer as well as those with expensive tastes.
Documents required to travel from Kolkata to Mumbai
Passengers travelling from Kolkata to Mumbai must carry any one of the identity card listed below
- Valid Passport
- Pan card
- Valid driving license
- Election photo identification card
- In case of children, their school identification card or any other photo identification proof
- In case of infants, a valid birth certificate
Major airlines that operate from Kolkata to Mumbai
IndiGo flights to Mumbai, Jet Airways flights to Mumbai, Air India flights to Mumbai
FAQ on Flights from Kolkata to Mumbai
- Q1: How can I book cheap Kolkata to Mumbai flight tickets online? A: Use Skyscanner's flight search above and fill in your travel dates and click on "Search Flights". You can now choose the desired flight to Mumbai from the list.
- Q2: How Skyscanner is different from online travel agents? A: Skyscanner search engine pulls flight prices from all the major airlines and online travel agents like MakeMytrip,ClearTrip, Yatra, Goibibo etc., Hence you don’t have to check multiple websites to find the best price. Once you find your cheap flights & click to select, we link you directly to the airline or travel agent. No hidden charges, no added fees.
Q3: Which is the cheapest month to book flights from Kolkata to Mumbai?
A: Check the bar chart at the top to find the cheapest month to fly from Kolkata to Mumbai. The chart is based on the next 12 months price data we have.
Q4: Should I opt for a travel insurance while flying from of Kolkata to Mumbai?
A: It's always safe to travel with a travel insurance.
Q5: Should I opt for on board food while travelling from Kolkata to Mumbai?
A: Its suggested to opt for on board meals while flying to Mumbai.
Q6: What is the check in luggage limit in Kolkata to Mumbai flights?
A: Generally, 15 kg is the allowed baggage limit for an economy class passenger flying from Kolkata to Mumbai. Its advised to check your baggage limit that is printed on your ticket as it varies from airline to airline.
Q7: What is the hand baggage limit in Kolkata to Mumbai flights?
A: 7 to 10 kg is the allowed hand luggage limit while flying from Kolkata to Mumbai. For most recent updates on the hand luggage weight, contact respective airlines.
Q8: What is the advantage of doing a web check in while flying from Kolkata?
A: Web check-in confirms your travel while flying from Kolkataand saves your time at the check-in counter.
Q9: How can I change my Kolkata to Mumbai travel dates after booking?
A: Before check-in, the respective flight operator will allow you to change your travel dates. Generally, its chargeable based on the rescheduled date. It is recommended to contact respective airlines to know about the charges.
Q10: How do I subscribe for Skyscanner's price alerts for cheap fares from Kolkata to Mumbai?
A: Use Skyscanner's price alert tool to get notified about cheap fares from Kolkata to Mumbai.
Information and Data provided on this page is correct as of Sep 15th, 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.