Cheap flights from Ahmedabad to Chennai
Flight information Ahmedabad to Chennai
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1376 kilometres
How to compare and get the best flights from Ahmedabad to Chennai?
Looking for cheap flights from Ahmedabad to Chennai?
- Use Skyscanner’s nifty bar chart and view the prices of flight tickets from Ahmedabad to Chennai for each month. Select specific travel dates from the calendar and easily book inexpensive flights from Ahmedabad to Chennai.
- Make the best use of Skyscanner’s price alert facility to stay updated about any changes in prices for Ahmedabad to Chennai flights.
What you need to know before flying from Ahmedabad to Chennai?
Airport information from Ahmedabad to Chennai
Ahmedabad – 380003, Gujarat, India
Meenambakkam, Chennai – 600027
Getting to Ahmedabad Airport
Ahmedabad airport lies 10 km from the city centre towards the northeast. Visitors can either hire metered rickshaws or metered or prepaid taxis or take the frequently-run AMTS bus services to get to the airport.
Travelling from Chennai Airport
- Meenambakkam international airport lies on NH45 or GST Road, 20 km from the city centre towards the southwest. Travellers can either hire prepaid taxis or use the railway/metro stations to get to locations in and around the city. Visitors can also take bus 18A, but the bus stations are far away.
- Prepaid taxi counters are located in the arrivals hall. Tirusulam railway station is located near the airport.
- Travellers can also rent cars. For more information about car rentals, see here.
Facilities at Ahmedabad and Chennai Airports
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel airport has T1 (domestic) and T2 (international) terminals. There are services such as business lounges, rest rooms and child care rooms, money changers, banks, ATMs and forex services and cafes and restaurants for the comfort of travellers.
- Chennai airport has two terminals, T1 (domestic) and T2 (international and domestic), with battery cars ferrying travellers to and fro. The airport has free Wi-Fi, lounges, medical and childcare assistance, money changers, ATMs, forex and banking services, eating and shopping spaces.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from Ahmedabad to Chennai
The Ahmedabad to Chennai flight time is 2h 25min nonstop. Visitors can either take a nap or leaf through the in-flight magazine on-board. They can also check out places to visit in Chennai.
Weather in Chennai
Chennai has hot and humid summers from April - September. Travellers should visit the city in winter when the temperatures are around 19-25 degrees Celsius.
Cost of living in Chennai
One-way local bus transport costs INR 15 while a 1 km taxi ride costs INR 12-20. Travellers need to haggle with rickshaw drivers in case they don’t go by the meter. Inexpensive meals cost around INR 90 while a mid-range restaurant meal costs INR 500 for one.
Mode of payments accepted in Chennai
Although all the bigger establishments accept credit cards, visitors should carry cash for small purchases, food at small restaurants and transportation. However, withdrawing cash isn’t an issue since ATMs are plentiful and accept all cards.
Best places for your first meal in Chennai
After a long flight, visitors to Chennai should head to the heart of the city in Nungambakkam or Egmore for a delicious meal. If it is street food you are craving for, head to Sowcarpet.
Information and data provided on this page is correct as of June 8th, 2016
FAQ on Flights from Ahmedabad to Chennai
- Q1: How can I book cheap Ahmedabad to Chennai flight tickets online? A: Use Skyscanner's flight search above and fill in your travel dates and click on "Search Flights". You can now choose the desired flight to Chennai from the list.
- Q2: How Skyscanner is different from online travel agents? A: Skyscanner search engine pulls flight prices from all the major airlines and online travel agents like MakeMytrip,ClearTrip, Yatra, Goibibo etc., Hence you don’t have to check multiple websites to find the best price. Once you find your cheap flights & click to select, we link you directly to the airline or travel agent. No hidden charges, no added fees.
Q3: Which is the cheapest month to book flights from Ahmedabad to Chennai?
A: Check the bar chart at the top to find the cheapest month to fly from Ahmedabad to Chennai. The chart is based on the next 12 months price data we have.
Q4: Should I opt for a travel insurance while flying from of Ahmedabad to Chennai?
A: It's always safe to travel with a travel insurance.
Q5: Should I opt for on board food while travelling from Ahmedabad to Chennai?
A: Its suggested to opt for on board meals while flying to Chennai.
Q6: What is the check in luggage limit in Ahmedabad to Chennai flights?
A: Generally, 15 kg is the allowed baggage limit for an economy class passenger flying from Ahmedabad to Chennai. Its advised to check your baggage limit that is printed on your ticket as it varies from airline to airline.
Q7: What is the hand baggage limit in Ahmedabad to Chennai flights?
A: 7 to 10 kg is the allowed hand luggage limit while flying from Ahmedabad to Chennai. For most recent updates on the hand luggage weight, contact respective airlines.
Q8: What is the advantage of doing a web check in while flying from Ahmedabad?
A: Web check-in confirms your travel while flying from Ahmedabadand saves your time at the check-in counter.
Q9: How can I change my Ahmedabad to Chennai travel dates after booking?
A: Before check-in, the respective flight operator will allow you to change your travel dates. Generally, its chargeable based on the rescheduled date. It is recommended to contact respective airlines to know about the charges.
Q10: How do I subscribe for Skyscanner's price alerts for cheap fares from Ahmedabad to Chennai?
A: Use Skyscanner's price alert tool to get notified about cheap fares from Ahmedabad to Chennai.
Information and Data provided on this page is correct as of Sep 15th, 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.