Cheap flights from Port blair to Kolkata
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Kolkata...
- Thu 19 DecIXZCCUIndiGoIndirectOne way from ₹ 6,589
- Sat 21 DecIXZCCUIndiGoIndirectOne way from ₹ 6,589
- Wed 18 DecIXZCCUGoAirIndirectOne way from ₹ 7,234
Flight information Port blair to Kolkata
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1307 kilometres
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from Port Blair to Kolkata?
Are you looking to fly from Port Blair to Kolkata? Simple head to Skyscanner to find amazing deals and flight tickets.
- Hover the mouse pointer over the bars on Skyscanner's bar chart webpage to view the prices of flight tickets from Port Blair to Kolkata month-wise and date-wise. Select travel dates and easily book cheap flights from Port Blair to Kolkata in a jiffy.
- Mobile app users should enter the destinations in the 'Explore' to find the cheapest flights from Port Blair to Kolkata for up to 3 months. For prices of flight tickets for specific dates, enter them in the calendar.
- Subscribing to Skyscanner's price alert facility will allow you to stay updated about the prices of Port Blair to Kolkata flights.
What you need to know before flying from Port Blair to Kolkata?
Veer Savarkar International (Port Blair) Airport (IXZ)
VSI Airport, Port Blair – 744103, India
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU)
Kolkata – 7000052, West Bengal, India
Getting to Port Blair airport
- Veer Savarkar International Airport is located 5 km north of Port Blair's city centre in Nayagaon.
- Travellers can take buses and metered/prepaid taxis from anywhere in Port Blair to the airport.
Travelling from Kolkata International Airport
- Netaji Subhash Chandra International Airport is situated 14 km northeast of the city centre in the suburb of Dum Dum.
- Travel options from the airport to the city include rental cars, taxis run by the Bengal Taxi Association, app-based/prepaid/metered taxis, and the train (from Biman Bandar airport railway station via Jessore Rd. to Dumdum Cantt.).
Facilities at Port Blair and Kolkata Airports
- The small Veer Savarkar International Airport has a single terminal with duty-free shops, ATMs and banking services, a restaurant and a snack bar, washrooms, etc.
- The award-winning Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport has lounges (membership, pay-to-use and single use ones), half an hour of complimentary Wi-Fi, ATMs and banking services, baby and child care rooms, currency exchange and forex services, duty-free shops, food and drink spaces, pharmacy and a medical centre, etc.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from Port Blair to Kolkata
The minimum flight time from Port Blair to Kolkata is 2h 15min via direct flights. Don't miss out on these amazing experiences in Kolkata.
Weather in Kolkata
Kolkata is generally a humid city due to its location on the banks of the Hoogly River and its proximity to the Sunderbans Delta. So, it is best visited in the winters between November and February when the humidity and the heat are bearable and the temperatures are around 3-25 degrees Celsius.
Cost of living in Kolkata
If you are travelling within Kolkata, it will cost you INR 14-20 for a 1 km taxi ride and INR 10 for a one-way local transport ride. Eating out in Kolkata is a pleasure for foodies. Food costs in Kolkata – A budget, 1-person meal costs INR 200-250 while a hearty meal at a decent restaurant costs INR 800-1,000.
Mode of payments accepted in Kolkata
Eating street food like Phuchka or food at cash-only places, or travelling by tram, rickshaws, or taxis, or shopping at local markets like College Street Market or Burra Bazaar will require travellers to the city to have cash on them. Cash can be withdrawn at any of the many ATMs, and debit and credit cards find acceptance at upscale restaurants, malls, supermarkets, 4/5-star hotels, and resorts.
Best places for your first meal in Kolkata
Do not miss eating these amazing foods in the City of Joy – the famous Bengali curry - Machher Jhol, Mishti Doi, the hearty mutton curry dish of Kosha Mangsho, Alur Torkari, Luchi and Aloo Dum, Cholar Dal, Shukto, Chomchom, Sondesh, Rasgullas, Phuchkas and Kathi Rolls. Click here to know where you'll find authentic Bengali food in the city. Tiretti Bazaar, Burra Bazaar, Dacre Street, New Town, Dumdum, Ballygunge, Park Street, and Kalighat are the best foodie places of Kolkata.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.