Chennai to Srinagar Flights
Flight information Chennai to Srinagar
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 2400 kilometres
Srinagar Travel Guide
Once India's favourite honeymoon destination, Srinagar in Kashmir is blessed with mesmerizing landscapes, pleasant weather and numerous tourist attractions. Many consider it a paradise on earth and one of the most beautiful places in India, possessing raw beauty thanks to its gorgeous Himalayan vistas, many rivers and enchanting scenery. Srinagar caters to a wide spectrum of tourists, but if you make the great journey from Chennai to Srinagar, keep this Skyscanner guide close to help you make the most of your stay.
Must Visit Places in Srinagar
The scenic land of Sonamarg is well known for its Thajiiwas Glacier. The best thing about this glacier is its accessibility; you can simply hike up to the glacier from the highway, and come back in around five hours. If you want to save some time, you can also share a taxi or ride a pony. Numerous Bollywood movies were filmed in this area, and it will be hard to not feel like you are in a scene or two. This is an ideal trek for all nature lovers who crave the sight of beautiful landscapes.
Gulmarg is best known for India’s best ski-resorts. If you are a skier or wish to learn, you may have to allow the gondola to whisk you over 13,000 feet above the ground, and land on to Mount Apharwat, which gives you an outstanding view and track. A lot of ski-enthusiasts travel every year from Chennai to Srinagar only to ski in the beautiful snow-covered Mountains of Gulmarg. Gulmarg also has the world’s highest cable car and plenty to see!
Pehalgam is one of the most popular destinations for adventure and trekking. Visitors generally head to the Betaab Valley, which is surrounded by snow-capped hills and the Lidder River. Note that you won’t be allowed to take your car beyond a certain point to reach the valley, so be prepared to walk it up or hire a pre-paid taxi provide by the local association of transport. You can also go golfing, river rafting and trout fishing around Pehalgam.
Local Street food at Yousmarg and Charar-i-Sharief
Yousmarg is refreshingly underdeveloped and has sprawling meadows. It is situated near Doodh Ganga River, which can be reached by taking a 30-minutes picturesque walk around a forested trail. This place has one of the holiest shrines of Sufi Muslims, and sells a variety of delicious street food, which is considered the best in Srinagar. You can find the freshest apples along the roadside, and dig into some mouth-watering Halwa-parathas at affordable prices.
What and where to buy when in Srinagar?
When you land from Chennai to Srinagar, the first thing that will catch your eye is the variety of local fruits, spices, and crafts. You can buy the best quality saffron here along with other dry fruits form Pampore fields. Kashmiri shawls can be bought from Namdha, Carpets can be bought at Kashmiri emporium at Lal Chowk, wood carvings can be found at Badshah Chowk or Lal Chowk, and an excellent variety of leather goodies can be purchased from Polo market.
Get the best deal on flight tickets with Skyscanenr and have a wonderful time in Srinagar!
Airport Information for Chennai to Srinagar
Chennai International Airport (MAA)
GST ROAD, Meenambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu - 600027
Sheikh Ul-Alam International Airport (SXR)
Indragandhi Road, Humhama, Badgam, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190007
Getting to Chennai Airport
- App-based cab, you easily call for a cab and reach the airport in style and comfort
- Chennai Metro and EMU trains are the fastest mode to reach airport
- You can also take a local transport bus, however please be mindful of the time of travel as it can get really crowded in the evening which is rush hour
- You can also take an auto-rickshaw, however ensure to agree on going by the meter with the driver prior to beginning your trip
Travelling from Srinagar Airport
- The nearest train station is 14 kms from the airport
- You can take a bus from the airport to the city centre run by JSRTC
- A taxi ride to the city centre takes less than 20 minutes, and taxis are available outside the airport
- Book a prepaid car online or hire one outside the airport terminal
- Autorickshaws are easily available outside the airport as well
FAQ on Flights from Chennai to Srinagar
- Q1: How can I book cheap Chennai to Srinagar flight tickets online? A: Use Skyscanner's flight search above and fill in your travel dates and click on "Search Flights". You can now choose the desired flight to Srinagar from the list.
- Q2: How Skyscanner is different from online travel agents? A: Skyscanner search engine pulls flight prices from all the major airlines and online travel agents like MakeMytrip,ClearTrip, Yatra, Goibibo etc., Hence you don't have to check multiple websites to find the best price. Once you find your cheap flights & click to select, we link you directly to the airline or travel agent. No hidden charges, no added fees.
Q3: Which is the cheapest month to book flights from Chennai to Srinagar?
A: Check the bar chart at the top to find the cheapest month to fly from Chennai to Srinagar. The chart is based on the next 12 months price data we have.
Q4: What is the cheapest price to fly from Chennai to Srinagar?
A: Check the bar chart at the top to find the cheapest price to book a flight from Chennai to Srinagar
Q5: Should I opt for a travel insurance while flying from of Chennai to Srinagar?
A: It's always safe to travel with a travel insurance.
Q6: Should I opt for on board food while travelling from Chennai to Srinagar?
A: Its suggested to opt for on board meals while flying to Srinagar.
Q7: What is the check in luggage limit in Chennai to Srinagar flights?
A: Generally, 15 kg is the allowed baggage limit for an economy class passenger flying from Chennai to Srinagar. Its advised to check your baggage limit that is printed on your ticket as it varies from airline to airline.
Q8: What is the hand baggage limit in Chennai to Srinagar flights?
A: 7 to 10 kg is the allowed hand luggage limit while flying from Chennai to Srinagar. For most recent updates on the hand luggage weight, contact respective airlines.
Q9: What is the advantage of doing a web check in while flying from Chennai?
A: Web check-in confirms your travel while flying from Chennaiand saves your time at the check-in counter.
Q10: How can I change my Chennai to Srinagar travel dates after booking?
A: Before check-in, the respective flight operator will allow you to change your travel dates. Generally, its chargeable based on the rescheduled date. It is recommended to contact respective airlines to know about the charges.
Q11: How do I subscribe for Skyscanner's price alerts for cheap fares from Chennai to Srinagar?
A: Use Skyscanner's price alert tool to get notified about cheap fares from Chennai to Srinagar.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.