Cheap flights from Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Chennai...
- Fri 20 SepTRVMAAAir India ExpressDirectOne way from ₹ 2,637
- Thu 19 SepTRVMAAAir IndiaDirectOne way from ₹ 2,671
- Sat 21 SepTRVMAAAir IndiaDirectOne way from ₹ 2,671
Flight information Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 615 kilometres
Frequently asked questions
Chennai Information Guide
Located in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu, its capital, Chennai is a city that is extremely hot and humid all year through. So if you're travelling from Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai, it won't be a major hassle, since you're already used to the climate. Most people still refer to Chennai with its former name – Madras, and the city still maintains the same charm it had decades ago. Being the fourth largest city in India, this lively place has lots to offer a traveller – be it diverse culture, historical sites, pristine beaches and of course, delicious food!
Solo travellers, did you know that Chennai is one of India's safest cities? Yes, for a few consecutive years now, Chennai has had low crime rates, better law enforcement and high quality of life ranking, making it safer than cities like Mumbai and Delhi. Tamil is the city's first language, but the locals use English words so much so that the Tamil-English mixture is often called 'Madras Bhashai' or 'Madras Language.' Try and visit in January and witness Pongal, a harvest festival typical of Tamil Nadu which is celebrated over 5 days. It's also interesting to note that the city of Chennai is the second oldest corporation in the world, after London and it was started centuries ago, in the year 1687.
Food in Chennai
Since you're travelling from Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai, you're already well acquainted with South Indian fare. Chennai is a haven for vegetarian foodies, and the combination of heat, tang, saltiness and mild curds for balance result in flavourful dishes. Don't miss out on the chance to have a savoury breakfast comprising of steamed, fluffy idlis (fermented rice cakes) and crispy medhuvadas (crispy donut shaped fritters made of lentils.) It comes served with spicy chilli chutneys, soothing coconut chutney and a tangy-spicy sambar gruel. Upma, a semolina based dish shouldn't be missed, either! No breakfast is complete without some south Indian filter coffee, especially when you're in Chennai. If you're a non-vegetarian, the peppery Chettinad Chicken and Madras Lamb Curry will have you drooling. Lastly, don't leave Chennai without digging in to a large masala dosa or a banana leaf thali that has a huge serving of rice along with a myriad of curries, fried snacks and side dishes laid on it.
Must-visit beaches in Chennai
Visiting with family? Head out to one of Chennai's many scintillating beaches for some fun in the sun. Marina Beach is said to be the world's longest beach-stretching 13 kms long. Several statues and monuments have been erected alongside the beach's promenade to commemorate local and national heroes. One cannot swim at this beach, but there are two swimming pools here – Marina Pool and Anna Pool where you can take a splash. Also visit Elliot Beach and Thiruvanmiyur Beach, which are less crowded options. Locals of all ages prefer to spend their evenings here, watching the sun go down… and when you're in Chennai, you should do what the Chennaiites do!
Ensure your trip from Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai is as exciting as can be. Get a great start by booking cheap tickets today!
Airport Information for Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai
Trivandrum International Airport (TRV)
Vellakkadavu, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Chennai International Airport (MAA)
Meenambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600027
Getting to Thiruvananthapuram Airport
- Kerala State Road Transport buses ply between the airport to the city and are a budget option for those with no luggage
- Taxis and autorickshaws are available to take passengers to the airport
- Trivandrum Railway station is 4 kms from the airport and connected by road
- You can also book cabs on phone-based apps
Travelling from Chennai Airport
- The nearest railway station is 2kms away and Central Chennai Railway Station is 25 kms away
- A/C buses and regular buses are available
- You can book a pre-paid taxi at the airport
- Rickshaws outside the airport are a cheap and fast way to travel
- Rent a car at local car rental windows at the airport or book one online
FAQ on Flights from Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai
- Q1: How can I book cheap Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai flight tickets online? A: Use Skyscanner's flight search above and fill in your travel dates and click on "Search Flights". You can now choose the desired flight to Chennai from the list.
- Q2: How Skyscanner is different from online travel agents? A: Skyscanner search engine pulls flight prices from all the major airlines and online travel agents like MakeMytrip,ClearTrip, Yatra, Goibibo etc., Hence you don’t have to check multiple websites to find the best price. Once you find your cheap flights & click to select, we link you directly to the airline or travel agent. No hidden charges, no added fees.
Q3: Which is the cheapest month to book flights from Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai?
A: Check the bar chart at the top to find the cheapest month to fly from Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai. The chart is based on the next 12 months price data we have.
Q4: Should I opt for a travel insurance while flying from of Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai?
A: It's always safe to travel with a travel insurance.
Q5: Should I opt for on board food while travelling from Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai?
A: Its suggested to opt for on board meals while flying to Chennai.
Q6: What is the check in luggage limit in Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai flights?
A: Generally, 15 kg is the allowed baggage limit for an economy class passenger flying from Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai. Its advised to check your baggage limit that is printed on your ticket as it varies from airline to airline.
Q7: What is the hand baggage limit in Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai flights?
A: 7 to 10 kg is the allowed hand luggage limit while flying from Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai. For most recent updates on the hand luggage weight, contact respective airlines.
Q8: What is the advantage of doing a web check in while flying from Thiruvananthapuram?
A: Web check-in confirms your travel while flying from Thiruvananthapuramand saves your time at the check-in counter.
Q9: How can I change my Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai travel dates after booking?
A: Before check-in, the respective flight operator will allow you to change your travel dates. Generally, its chargeable based on the rescheduled date. It is recommended to contact respective airlines to know about the charges.
Q10: How do I subscribe for Skyscanner's price alerts for cheap fares from Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai?
A: Use Skyscanner's price alert tool to get notified about cheap fares from Thiruvananthapuram to Chennai.
Information and Data provided on this page is correct as of Sep 15th, 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.