Map

Air Seychelles Flights

Air Seychelles–Let us float you in dreams

Air Seychelles is the national airline of Seychelles, operating in numerous domestic inter-island flights within Seychelles. Air Seychelles also offers 8 international destinations to its passengers.

Air Seychelles is a government owned corporation, with 60% equity held by the Government of Seychelles. The rest 40% equity is owned by Etihad Airways, an Abu Dhabi based international airline group. The head office of Air Seychelles is at the Seychelles International Airport in Mahe city of Seychelles.Air Seychelles is also registered with IATA under the code “HM”.

Air Seychelles’ bank of human resources includes ca. 650 employees.The revenues generated by Air Seychelles during the last year were approximately US$ 100 Million.

History

Established in 1977 by the merger of Air Mahe and Inter-Island Airways, Air Seychelles initiated its domestic flight operations. Air Seychelles started international flights in 1983, with its first flight from Mahe to London via Franfurt. A Douglas DC-10 air craft was used for this first flight, which was acquired on wet lease from British Caledonia Airways.

Air Seychelles was under full Government ownership from its founding in 1977 till the year 2012, when Etihad Airways acquired 40% stake in its shareholding. Etihad Airways immediately injected US$ 45 Million into the company, which were mainly used to enhance the fleet capabilities of Air Seychelles.

Fleet

Air Seychelles uses a fleet of the latest air crafts. This fleet is made up of 10 air crafts, including 1 Airbus 320, 2 Airbus 330-200, 3 DHC-6 Series 300, 3 DHC-6 Series 400 and 1 Short 360-300. All the three Airbus are acquired on lease from Etihad Airways, while remaining seven air crafts are owned by the company. Air Seychelles was known to possess an all-Boeing fleet for more than 20 years until 2012 when airbus was injected into the fleet and Boeing was totally retired.

Awards

Air Seychelles has received remarkable awards since its formation. Some of the recently acquired ones are as follows:

-          Skytrax has awarded Air Seychelles the status of Skytrax four star airline, based on the quality of its regional flights.

-          Air Seychelles is awarded by World Travel Award (WTA) to be the Leading Airline – Business class in 2014.

-          Leading Cabin Crew Award was also given by WTA to Air Seychelles in 2014.

Air Seychelles is also accredited with certifications from EASA in 2007 & 2008, IOSA certificate from IATA in 2008 and ISO 9001:2000 certification by BM Trada (UK) in 2004 for freight services and in 2009 for HRTA.

Routes and Destinations

In addition to inter-island routes in Seychelles, the international destinations covered by Air Seychelles include flights from Mahe and Praslin to Paris, Johannesburg, Abu Dhabi, Dar es Salam, Hong Kong, Pot Louis, Mumbai and Antananarivo.

Codeshare arrangements with 7 airlines, including Etihad airways, Cathay Pacific and Air France, are established by Air Seychelles.

Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.