Cheap flights from Mumbai to Athens International
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Athens...
- Mon 23 DecBOMATHEthiopian AirlinesIndirectOne way from ₹ 19,793
- Fri 13 DecBOMATHAir India ExpressIndirectOne way from ₹ 19,820
- Wed 11 DecBOMATHIndiGoIndirectOne way from ₹ 20,284
Flight information Mumbai to Athens International
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 5153 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from Mumbai to Athens International?
- The price table above shows the lowest 2-way flight prices from Mumbai to Athens International for each month. Clicking on the price will take you to a calendar view to choose specific dates as per your itinerary.
- If you are planning well in advance, you can set-up Skyscanner's price alerts to get notification whenever there is a price change from Mumbai to Athens International flight tickets
What you need to know before flying from Mumbai to Athens?
Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport (BOM) Mumbai, INDIA.
Athens International Airport (ATH) Spata, Greece
Getting to Mumbai airport
- Mumbai Airport is located on the Western Expressway.
- There are reliable bus services from the city to the airport.
- Most popular mode of transportation is app based cabs.
Travelling from Athens airport
- The airport is connected to the city by rail and road.
- Trains and the metro depart from the airport station that is adjacent to the airport..
- Buses and taxis ply to the city from the terminal.
- Click here to rent a car in Athens.
Facilities at Mumbai and Athens airports
- Mumbai Airport provides free Wi-Fi in all terminals. The airport has a plethora of dining experiences, VIP lounges and many retail outlets. FOREX counters, ATMs, smoking rooms and dedicated medical services are also available to travellers.
- Athens Airport offers free Wi-Fi, VIP Lounges, FOREX counters, ATMs, and assistance for the physically challenged. A wide range of dining and shopping choices are available for travellers’ convenience.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from Mumbai to Athens
The shortest flying time from Mumbai to Athens is 10h, including transit time. Athens has been on every culture vulture’s wish list for over a century now. Athens also made it to the Skyscanner top 5 cities to visit in June, 2017.
Time difference between Mumbai and Athens
Athens is 2h 30min behind Mumbai. On 29th October, 2017, Athens will turn the clocks back by an hour and then, it will be 3h 30min behind Mumbai.
Weather in Athens
Athens is pleasant the whole year through. The summer daytime temperatures can go up to 33°C in July-August and drop to 13°C in January. The night time lows range between 6.8°C in January to 23°C in July. Mild showers can be expected every few days barring the summers.
1 Euro (EUR) is 74.19 Indian Rupees (INR). Find the latest exchange rates here.
Cost of living in Athens
The integrated ticket, EUR 1.4 (USD 1.61), allows travel on all Public transport (Metro, Suburban Rail, Tram and Bus) for 90mins. Taxis charge a minimum of EUR 1 (USD 1.15) and EUR 0.24/km (USD 0.27/km) for every subsequent Km. A basic lunch in a downtown restaurant will cost around EUR10 (USD 11.51). A three-course dinner for two at a casual dining restaurant can go upwards of EUR 35 (USD 40.31).
Mode of payments accepted in Athens
All establishments accept only Euros. Some shops will not accept cards, so do keep cash handy.
Best places for your first meal in Athens
The ubiquitous Souvlaki can be had anywhere in Athens. Koulouri, sesame seed bread rings, Galaktoboureko, a custard filled pastry, Tyropitta, cheese pies can be had from hole-in¬-the-wall bakeries and street stalls. Restaurants are classified by the ware they sell. A psarotaverna is where seafood is sold, while a psistaria is known for grilled meats. Tavernas offer an informal ambience and inexpensive, authentic Greek meals. The more formal restaurants are known as estiatorion and are more expensive.
Documents required to travel from Mumbai to Athens International
Passengers travelling from Mumbai to Athens International must carry all the documents listed below
- Valid Passport
- Valid Visa
- Return flight tickets (sometimes asked by the immigration depending on your visa type)
Major airlines that operate from Mumbai to Athens International
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.