Flights to Greece
Flights to Greece
A Trip to Greece
Officially known as the Hellenic Republic, the ancient country of Greece is a must-visit place for those interested in the bygone era. Besides boasting of magnificent ruins, it has a wealth of natural attractions including one of the longest coastlines in the world. With meticulous planning, you can travel across the country at economical prices.
No airlines flying direct from India to Greece. Other airlines flying to Greece are Emirates, Turkish Airlines, Aeroflot, Qatar Airways, Swiss, Austrian Airlines, Etihad Airways, Air France, Egypt Air, Lufthansa, KLM, Air China, British Airways, Gulf Air, EL AL Israel Airlines.
How to find cheap flights to Greece?
Skyscanner is a leading travel search engine that alerts you about the best deals and prices. Compare the flight rates provided by different airlines for your much-awaited trip to Greece.
- Skyscanner offers a useful price alert tool which regularly notifies you of price changes. Based on your convenience and requirements, you can always modify your subscription.
- If you wish to know the cheapest month or day when you can travel to Greece, take a look at our month view tool and book your tickets accordingly.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Greece?
To find the cheapest city to fly to Greece, refer to the countries section at the bottom of Skyscanner’s homepage and select the desired country. You will be redirected to a page that will have a brief description of the country, along with its popular cities and their air fares.
Domestic travel between cities
- With two leading airline networks, Greece has an extensive route for air travel.
- The KETL bus service in Greece is the most convenient option for intercity travel. The coaches are reliable and inexpensive as compared to other means of commute.
- Car Hire is another option for getting around the country. However, make sure you take care of all safety precautions, as the terrain of Greece is highly uneven.
Things to do in Greece
If you’re in Greece, do visit Athens, the capital city located in Central Greece. Athens is the birthplace of the Olympics and the city hosted the 2004 Olympic Games, a symbolic event for the country. Don’t miss the city’s beautifully preserved Old Town, classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2007. Make sure to visit the Acropolis, one of the most famous archaeological citadels in Europe, to see some of the oldest, most historically significant, and imposing monuments of the world. Also visit the second largest of the Ionian Islands, the gorgeous Corfu. Take a look at the Saint Spyridon Church, the final resting place of the Saints Spyridon and Theodora Augusta. If sun and sand is what you’re looking for, then Santorini, a beautiful city with 4,000 years of history and some of the most spectacular islands in the world, is the go-to place.
Before you fly to Greece
Visa for Indians flying to Greece
In order to apply a visa for Greece, Indian citizens are required to produce valid documents, such as an Indian passport. For more details on applications and procedures, refer to VFS Global.
Best time to visit Greece
The best time to visit Greece is during the spring season which lasts from mid-April to mid-June and the autumn season which lasts from September to mid-October. During this time, the weather in Greece remains cool and pleasant, in contrast to the hot days during the summer season.
Time and weather difference between India and Greece
India is 2 hours 30 minutes ahead of Greece. The country has a varied topography, due to which it has multiple local climates differing from place to place. The diverse climate of Greece is similar to that of India, ranging from hot and humid to harsh winds and abundant rainfall.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Greece
1 Euro is approximately equal to 73 INR. Although both credit cards and cash are accepted, cash is preferred while dealing with local merchants.
Culture and important information to know before you travel to Greece
The customs, traditions and culture of Greece have been kept alive and intact by the people who take utmost pride in their country. The main festivals of the country are Christmas and Easter. Greece has a vast history and is one of the best destinations for history buffs.
Following are a few dos and don’ts which everyone travelling to Greece must have an idea about.
- Smoking in public places is not banned in Greece; however, it is not allowed everywhere. Hence, make sure you are not breaking the rules of the concerned area.
- Do not thrust your palm in front of someone else’s face. This is considered rude in Greece.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 13th October 2016.
Know more about Greece:
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.