Cheap flights from Hyderabad to Madurai
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Madurai...
- Fri 28 FebHYDIXMSpiceJetIndirectOne way from ₹ 3,330
- Tue 18 FebHYDIXMSpiceJetIndirectOne way from ₹ 3,371
- Wed 19 FebHYDIXMSpiceJetIndirectOne way from ₹ 3,371
Flight information Hyderabad to Madurai
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 824 kilometres
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from Hyderabad to Madurai?
Cheap flights from Hyderabad to Madurai can be found and booked via Skyscanner, and this would help you save a whole lot of money!
- Travellers can view the prices of flight tickets from Hyderabad to Madurai for every month as well as each day of a particular month by lingering the mouse pointer over the bars. After that, all you need to do is choose the dates of your travel and book inexpensive flights from Hyderabad to Madurai.
- Stay updated with every price change for Hyderabad to Madurai flights by subscribing to Skyscanner's price alert facility.
What you need to know before flying from Hyderabad to Madurai?
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (HYD)
GMR Vijayawada International Airport Ltd., Shamshabad – Vijayawada 500 409, Telangana, India
Madurai International Airport (IXM)
Madurai Airport, Avaniyapuram, Madurai – 625022, India
Getting to Hyderabad airport
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport lies in the village of Shamshabad, 27 km southwest of the city centre of Hyderabad.
- Travellers have the options of taking the buses operated by APSRTC, metered/prepaid taxis as well as rickshaws to get from anywhere in the city to the airport.
Travelling from Madurai airport
- Madurai's International Airport lies 13 km south of Madurai's city centre.
- Travellers have the options of taking rental cars, the public bus 10A, private cars, rickshaws and metered/prepaid taxis to get from the airport to the city.
Facilities at Hyderabad and Madurai airports
- Hyderabad International Airport has lounges (pay-to-use and membership ones), 45 minutes of free Wi-Fi, the famous 'airport village' area which is a huge food and drinks area, a 24x7 pharmacy as well as medical aid, duty-free shopping spaces, currency exchange services, spa services and ATMs.
- Madurai International Airport has free Wi-Fi for a limited period of time, ATMs, baby care facilities, currency exchange counters, shops, vending machines, cafés and restaurants, a first aid room, and even a pharmacy.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from Hyderabad to Madurai
Weather in Madurai
Madurai can get humid and sultry both in the summers and the monsoons, making the winters (November–February) the best time to explore the city. The climate is pleasant and the temperatures are 20-29 degrees Celsius.
Cost of living in Madurai
A budget meal in Madurai costs INR 100-150 for a single person, while a 3-course meal costs INR 300-400 for two people at a mid-range restaurant. A 1km taxi ride as well as a local transport ride in the city costs INR 15-20 each.
Mode of payments accepted in Madurai
Madurai still largely works on cash, and travellers will need cash for shopping at the local markets, transportation, and for food at smaller, cash-only restaurants. Resorts and 4/5-star hotels accept credit cards as well, and ATMs accept all debit cards.
Best places for your first meal in Madurai
Madurai is famous for its Chettinad cuisine and has popular items such as the refreshing drink Nannari, Paniyaram, Idiyappam, Kuzhambu and Kothu Parotta. Head to areas such as Tallakulam, Meenakshipuram, KK Nagar and the areas around the Vaigai River to find authentic Madurai food.
Information and data provided on this page is correct as of April 5th, 2018.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.