Cheap flights from Chennai to Thiruvananthapuram
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Thiruvananthapuram...
- Mon 18 NovMAATRVAir India ExpressDirectOne way from ₹ 2,322
- Fri 8 NovMAATRVAir India ExpressDirectOne way from ₹ 2,473
- Mon 11 NovMAATRVAir India ExpressDirectOne way from ₹ 2,473
Flight information Chennai to Thiruvananthapuram
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 615 kilometres
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from Chennai to Thiruvananthapuram?
Flight tickets from Chennai to Thiruvananthapuram are now available easily for amazing prices on Skyscanner – so go ahead and book your tickets now.
- Linger the mouse over the bars to view the prices of cheap flights from Chennai to Thiruvananthapuram, month and date-wise on Skyscanner's bar chart webpage. Choose travel dates from the calendar and easily book cheap Chennai to Thiruvananthapuram flights.
- Enter the destinations in the 'Explore' tab of Skyscanner mobile app to view the prices of cheap flights from Chennai to Thiruvananthapuram for up to 3 months. For prices of flight tickets for specific dates, enter them in the calendar.
- Subscribe to Skyscanner's price alert facility and stay updated about prices of flights from Chennai to Thiruvananthapuram.
What you need to know before flying from Chennai to Thiruvananthapuram?
Chennai Meenambakkam Airport (MAA)
Meenambakkam, Chennai - 600027
Trivandrum International Airport (TRV)
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
Getting to Chennai airport
- The 2-terminal Chennai International Airport is in Meenambakkam, 20 km southwest of the city on GST/NH 45.
- Travellers can take app-based/prepaid/metered taxis, rickshaws, suburban trains to Tirusulam station, and the Blue Line of the Chennai Metro.
Travelling from Thiruvananthapuram Airport
- Thiruvananthapuram Airport is located 7 km south of the city centre in Chacka.
- Travellers can take rental cars, prepaid/metered/app-based taxis and the KSRTC buses.
- The Trivandrum Metro will connect the airport and the city in the near future.
Facilities at Chennai and Thiruvananthapuram airports
- Chennai International Airport has lounges, 1 hour of free Wi-Fi, ATMs and banking services, currency exchange and forex options, duty-free shopping spaces, conference and business facilities, cafés, snack bars and a restaurant, etc.
- Trivandrum Airport has a lounge, half an hour of free Wi-Fi, ATMs and banking services, baby and child care rooms, forex and currency exchange services, duty-free shops, food and drink spaces, medical assistance, etc.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from Chennai to Thiruvananthapuram
The average flight time from Chennai to Thiruvananthapuram is 1h 20min via direct flights. Drive down from Trivandrum and explore Kerala's wonderful hill stations.
Weather in Thiruvananthapuram
The best time to visit the 'Evergreen City of India' Thiruvananthapuram is the extended winters (late October–February). Not only is the climate pleasant for exploration but also the temperatures are between 18 and 28 degrees Celsius.
Cost of living in Thiruvananthapuram
Travelling cost in Thiruvananthapuram – INR 9 for a one-way local transport ride and INR 20-30 for a 1 km taxi ride. Food cost in the city – A 1-person, budget meals cost INR 70-100 and a 2-person, 3-course meal costs INR 300-400 at a mid-sized restaurant.
Mode of payments accepted in Thiruvananthapuram
Travellers to the city will require cash for travelling in local transport, eating street food, and for shopping at Trivandrum's local markets like Chalai Bazaar, MG Road and SS Street. ATMs are aplenty, and debit and credit cards are accepted at resorts, hotels, malls, and upscale restaurants.
Best places for your first meal in Thiruvananthapuram
Do not leave Trivandrum without sampling its amazing dishes such as Payasam, Nadan Beef and Malabar Parotta, Varutha Kozhi, Kerala-style Prawn Curry, Fish Molee, and quintessential South Indian breakfast items such as Dosas, Idlis, Idiyappam, Appam and Puttu, among others. Thampanoor, East Fort, Pulimoodu, Palayam, and Panavila are the best places for great food in Thiruvananthapuram.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.