Flights to Norway
Flights to Norway
A Trip to Norway
Lonely heights, Northern Lights, miles of coastline, glittering icebergs, crystal clear skies, panoramic views of a magical world – Norway is a country that is sure to assault your senses, bind you to nature and leave an irrevocable imprint on your soul. The reasons to explore Norway are many and you are sure to fall in love with this mystical land.
No airlines flying direct from India to Norway. Other airlines flying to Norway are Emirates, Thai Airways, Aeroflot, KLM, Jet Airways, SAS, British Airways, Turkish Airlines, Finnair, Lufthansa, Air France, Air India, Qatar Airways, Swiss, Austrian Airlines.
How to find cheap flights to Norway?
Skyscanner is the perfect travel partner, offering you hassle-free holidays within your budget.
- Our price alert tool sends you email notifications regarding cheap air fares and latest updates on flight prices to Norway.
- Find out which is the cheapest month to travel to Norway, with the help of our month view tool.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Norway?
Is your itinerary not fixed? Check out the countries section on Skyscanner’s homepage and get a list of the air fares to all the cities in Norway. Fly to the cheapest city and enjoy a vacation within your budget.
Domestic travel between cities
- The best way to experience the beauty of Norwegian landscape is in your own vehicle. This allows you to stop wherever you please and also explore small roads and tiny hamlets. Renting a car is easy but expensive. If you arrive in winter, make sure that your car has winter tires before setting out exploring.
- The ferry is an interesting means of getting around in Norway, especially in the coastal regions. Frequent services are available during daytime. Tourists can also make use of small ships that hop between coastal cities and neighbouring
- Trains and buses are good means to get around in the southern part of Norway, although flights are much faster. Flight services are also the best way to get to the northern part of Norway where towns and cities are few and far between.
Things to do in Norway
- Tromsø hits the top of the bucketlist of places to visit in Norway. The Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis is a natural winter phenomenon that you should never miss while touring this Scandinavian landscape. The place is also perfect to view the midnight sun during summer.
- Lofoten is an archipelago north of the Arctic Circle famous for enjoying 24 hours of sunlight during the summer It is a great place to seek out adventurous activities like rock climbing and mountaineering.
- Witness the glittering beauty of icebergs in Svalbard and view whales, seals and walruses up close. Explore the dynamic city of Oslo known for its lively restaurants, architectural marvels, vast museums and vibrant nightlife. The hills and fjords of Bergen are another not-to-be-missed places while exploring the Norwegian countryside.
Before you fly to Norway
Visa for Indians flying to Norway
Short term visas are available for Indians planning to vacation in Norway. Along with a valid passport and other necessary documents, you also need to submit a copy of a medical travel insurance policy valid for the entire Schengen Area. Check out the VFS Global website for further details.
Best time to visit Norway
The best time to travel to Norway is in early summer, from June to July. You can experience the midnight sun in northern Norway where the sun shines for 24 hours! If you are keen on witnessing the Northern Lights, visit Norway during winter. But beware of Polar Nights when there is total darkness throughout the day in regions beyond the Arctic Circle.
Time and weather difference between India and Norway
The northern part of Norway lies above the Arctic Circle and this causes a significant difference in the climate experienced here as opposed to that of the southern parts. Summers are moderately warm with temperatures rising as high as 30 ⁰C. In winter, the temperature is known to drop to around -10 ⁰C. Certain parts of northern Norway experiences 24 hours sunlight during summer (midnight sun) and 24 hours of darkness in winter (Polar Nights).
India is 3 hours and 30 minutes ahead of the time zone of Norway.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Norway
The currency of Norway is called Norwegian Krone (NOK). 1 Norwegian Krone is approximately equal to 8 Indian Rupees. Almost all stores accept credit card payment; everything is on the costlier side in Norway.
Culture and important things to know before you fly to Norway
The culture of Norway is closely linked to the history and geography of this Scandinavian nation. Scarce resources and harsh climatic conditions have also played a role in shaping the Norwegian society. Norway is home to much unique architecture like stave churches. Norwegians have developed a distinctive style of landscape paintings and expressionist paintings. Classical music, Norwegian black metal music and jazz music are popular in the country.
- Vegetarian restaurants are rare in Norway although most establishments will provide something vegetarian if requested.
- Norwegian cuisine makes use of a lot of seafood rarely found in other parts of the world; make sure you are not allergic to any of these before digging in.
- Do not walk on glaciers without proper training and equipment.
- While visiting Svalbard, make sure someone in your party is carrying a weapon; polar bears are common in this region and are quite dangerous.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 28th September 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.