Flights to Finland
Flights to Finland
Flights to regions in Finland
A Trip to Finland
‘The Land of Midnight Sun’, Finland is a gorgeous country in North Europe. From lush greens of the deep woods to extended pristine islands, it offers all the possibilities of a spectacular tour in this country. Besides the natural wonders, Finland provides a broad array of historical and cultural attractions as well. Fly to Finland if you want to take in the ethereal beauty.
Carriers flying from India to Finland are Finnair. Other airlines flying to Finland are British Airways, KLM, Japan Airlines, Lufthansa, Jet Airways, Air China, Air France, Aeroflot, Thomas Cook Airlines, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines.
How to find cheap flights to Finland
Skyscanner, a global travel search engine, helps you find the flight prices to travel to Finland. It compares the best available airlines’ and online travel agent’s flight prices to Finland and provides you with the best deals.
- Use our price alert tool that will notify you of any price change of the flights. Receive regular updates so that you can plan your holiday according to your budget. Based on your convenience, you can modify or unsubscribe the notifications.
- Take a look at the month view tool to find the cheapest month or day to travel to Finland and book your tickets accordingly.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Finland
Find the cheapest cities to travel to Finland in the countries section in Skyscanner’s homepage and select your destination. This will redirect you to a page that will provide a brief description of the country, its cities, and their air fares.
Domestic travel between cities
Finland is a relatively big country and travelling around is relatively pricey. However, the public transportation is well-organized and offers a comfortable travel to its visitors and commoners.
- Flights are the fastest and the most expensive way to get around in Finland, provided by major domestic and international airlines.
- Finnish Railways provides a fairly extensive network of railroads providing comfortable express services. Trains are the most preferred travel medium in Finland.
- There is a well-developed local network of buses in Finland. The tickets are slightly higher priced than trains, however, they are the only medium of commuting to places where the railroad networks are not present.
- Car hire is possible in Finland, however, it is a bit expensive. Prices start at INR 5883/USD 89 per day.
Things to do in Finland
Visit the Finnish land of lakes and islands and visit some of the extravagant destinations in the country. Travel to the vibrant city of Helsinki and visit Tampere, Porvoo, Turku, Rovaniemi, Suomenlinna, Savonlinna, Oulu and Korvatunturi, Kuopio and other popular tourist destinations. Witness the exquisite beauty of lakes like Lake Inari, Lake Paijanne, Saimaa Lake and much more. The Finnish National Museum and Open Air Folk Museum should not be missed. Rich in flora and fauna diversity, the Koli National Park in the east of Finland offers an awe-inspiring sight of landscapes and nature. Besides traversing the popular destinations in Finland, don’t forget to try traditional Finnish cuisine that is a mix of Swedish, Russian and Continental cuisines. You can also shop for designer homeware, glassware, ceramics, furniture, and handicrafts; especially Sami jewellery, fishing and hunting knives, Lappish cups and handwoven rugs.
Before you fly to Finland
Visa for Indians flying to Finland
A Schengen Visa to Finland is provided for a limited period of 90 to 180 day’s temporary stay in the country. In India, the visa applications are processed through VFS Global Visa Application Centres across India. You can also visit the website of Embassy of Finland in New Delhi for detailed information.
Best time to visit Finland
Early June to August is a great time to explore southern Finland and the Lakeland. However, the high tourist season is from June to July with Finnish holidays and night lights. October and February-March are ideal months for visiting northern Finland including Lapland. It is a great time of the year to enjoy winter activities and viewing Aurora Borealis (the northern lights) in Lapland.
Time difference and weather between India and Finland
India is 2 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Finland. Unlike the tropical climate of India, Finland has a cold temperate climate. Finland is affected by the moderating influence of the Gulf Stream current that keeps the climate of this country comparatively mild. Due to extreme latitudes, Finland experiences two popular natural phenomena – Midnight Sun and Arctic Night.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Finland
1 Indian Rupee is equal to 0.014 Euro.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Finland
The Finnish culture borrows influences from indigenous, Russian, Nordic and European cultures. There are couple of things that one should keep in mind while travelling to Finland:
- Don’t be too loud in crowded places like in restaurants or in public transport as it is considered rude.
- Remove your shoes and get inside a house if you are invited to a Finnish home.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 19th October 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.