Flights to Iceland
Flights to Iceland
A Trip to Iceland
Iceland is an adventurous place, marooned and posited almost near the North Pole. It is an interesting mix of energetic, ecstatic and astonishing splendour of Aurora. From ice-covered volcanoes to earthly geysers, all the mighty natural forces synchronize in symphony in Iceland.
No airlines flying direct from India to Iceland. Other airlines flying to Iceland are British Airways, Lufthansa.
How to find cheap flights to Iceland?
Panning for an exciting trip to Iceland? All you need is to log on to Skyscanner and make use of the search tools available. Skyscanner is a global travel search engine that compares the prices of all major airlines.
- By using the price alert tool of Skyscanner, you can get the notifications of the price changes for the flights. You will receive regular updates from time to time and as per your convinience, you can always modify or unsubscribe the alerts.
- If you wish to know about the cheapest month or day to travel to Iceland, then, have a look at Skyscanner’s month view tool and book your tickets accordingly.
Domestic travel between cities
This cosy island with stunningly desolate landscapes can be commuted internally via various kinds of transport.
- Plane: Aircraft is the commonest mode of transport in Iceland. However, the rides can be bumpy over the fjords.
- Bus: For long-distance travel, BSI buses are the best in Iceland. An average single fare bus ticket will cost you around INR 234/USD 3.49.
- Cars are the most flexible transportation medium to travel around Iceland. Numerous agencies provide car rental Renting a four-wheeler for a day will cost around INR 7006/USD 106.
- Bicycle: You can tour around Iceland on a bike and pedal down the busy city streets as well as the bumpy undulations of the countryside.
- Hitchhiking: Iceland is one of the safest countries in the world, with friendly and courteous people. They are always willing to help you reach your destination, and thus enhance your touring experience.
Things to do in Iceland
Iceland, the Land of Cold, offers incredible experiences for everyone. It is a country where you can experience a vibrant amalgamation of European and American cultures. Partake in the themed tours and explore different cities and museums, including the capital city of Reykjavik. Witness some of the largest glaciers in the world and experience 24 hours of sunlight for several weeks. Spectacular beauty can also be witnessed with Northern Lights or the Aurora Borealis phenomenon and the moss covered lava fields of Thingvellir. The country also has some of the most active volcanoes in the world. This ‘Land of Fire and Ice’ offers some pristine adventure experiences as well. The rivers here are great for diving, rafting and snorkelling, whereas the European glaciers and the active volcanoes are the perfect backdrop for climbing and hiking. Snowboarding and skiing in the hills of Iceland or surfing through the waves and exploring the caves is also an exciting pursuit. Hence, embark upon a customized tour that suits you the best!
Before you fly to Iceland
Visa for Indians flying to Iceland:
Iceland is an exclusive part of Schengen Agreement, hence, when a visa is issued for a trip to Iceland from India, it is not only for Iceland, but it gives access to all other Schengen countries. For more information, refer to the Tourism Board of Iceland.
Best time to visit Iceland
Summer is the best time to visit Iceland and the midnight sun during this time is not to be missed. The early or late winters is also a good time, for those who love to experience the snowy blanketed landscape of the country. The tourist traffic is comparatively mild during the winters.
Time difference and weather between India and Iceland
India is 5 hours 30 minutes ahead of Iceland. Unlike the tropical climate of India, Iceland experiences a maritime temperate climate all through the year. In winters, the average temperature is around 0 °C and rarely exceeds 20 °C during the summers.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Iceland
1 Icelandic Krona (ISK) equals to 0.58 Indian Rupees (INR). Almost all the establishments and service platforms in Iceland accept credit cards, hence, you need not carry a large sum of cash.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Iceland
Before you fly to Iceland, it is important to know some of the dos and don’ts that would help you enjoy your trip.
- Don’t bother to buy bottled water as the tap water is fresh and safe to drink.
- Read up on the Icelandic history a bit before visiting the place as it can give you a better understanding of their culture, cuisine and society.
- Icelandic weather keeps on changing, hence, packing layers for all seasons is a must when you visit Iceland.
NOTE: All the information mentioned above is correct as of 20th September 2016.
Know more about Iceland:
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.