Flights to Kenya
Flights to Kenya
Experience the Charm & the Magic of Kenya
Popularly known as the Republic of Kenya, Kenya is one of the famed safari destinations in the world. Situated on the eastern coast of Africa, right along the equator, Kenya is a paradise for the wildlife lovers and the adventure enthusiasts. Plan an exquisite vacation to Kenya and enjoy the splendidness of this African country.
Direct from India to Kenya are Kenya Airways. Other airlines flying to Kenya are Jet Airways, British Airways, China Southern, Emirates, KLM, Saudia, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, Swiss, Etihad Airways, Air France, Air Mauritius, Ethiopian Airlines, Lufthansa, Egypt Air.
How to find cheap flights to Kenya?
Skyscanner’s global travel search engine helps you find the cheapest flights to Kenya. Comparing the available ticket prices of the airlines and other travel agents, it provides you with the best deals. There are two tools by Skyscanner that can help you book tickets easily within your planned budget.
- The price alert tool notifies the slightest change in the flight prices via regular emails; that can be unsubscribed from, if you wish to.
- The month view tool helps you decide which is the cheapest month or day for travelling to Kenya.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Kenya?
The countries section on the Skyscanner page helps you find the cheapest city to fly to Kenya. It provides a brief description of the country, its cities, and their respective air-fares. You can also use our country search tool.
Domestic travel between cities
Kenya has several modes of transport.
- Planes are one of the important modes of travelling around Kenya. There are several airlines which connect different cities and places within Kenya.
- The Kenya-Uganda Rail Network provides an effective railway service to get around Kenya.
- Kenya has an extensive network of buses. Though the roads are bumpy and dusty, you reach your destination conveniently within the country.
- One can hire a jeep in Kenya to get around. Jeeps are best suited for rugged terrain.
- Though getting around in Kenya by roads can be tricky, however, one can hire rental cars in Kenya and get around various places.
Things to do in Kenya
Tourism in Kenya vastly centres around the safaris and wildlife trips of its marvellous National Parks and Game Reserves. Get a glimpse of the ‘big five’ at Maasai Mara National Reserve. Interact with the Maasai people and enjoy splendid views of Mount Kilimanjaro. Amboseli National Park, Tsavo National Park, Hell’s Gate National Park, Samburu National Park and Nairobi National Park are also among the top tourist places to visit in Kenya. Apart from wildlife safaris, Kenya’s cultural aspects, beautiful beaches, and water sports are well-admired by the visitors. Malindi in Kenya is well-known for its serene beaches and extensive coral reefs. It is an ideal destination for enjoying water sports such as surfing, snorkelling and deep-sea fishing. While in Kenya, don’t miss to take a trip to Lamu Island, a part of Archipelago of Kenya. Adventure seekers and trekkers can head towards Mount Kenya, the highest mountain in the country. Kenya also has many cities, each having its own significance like Nairobi, the capital city and major economic hub of the nation; Kabarnet, Lamu, Mombasa, Malindi, and Nakuru are important cities in the country. Kenya is also renowned for its handicraft works and traditional dishes.
Before you fly to Kenya
Visa for Indians flying to Kenya
Applying for a visa to Kenya requires a valid passport and other documents. For more information, refer to the Embassy of The Republic of Kenya.
Best time to visit Kenya
The dry season, from late June to October, is the best time to visit Kenya and when you can enjoy exhilarating wildlife safaris, beach hopping, adventure expeditions and natural trails.
Time difference and weather between India and Kenya
India is 2 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Kenya. Just like India, Kenya also experiences a tropical climate depending upon the altitude of the various places. At the coast the climate is hot and humid, it is temperate in the hinterlands and too dry in the north and north-eastern parts of India.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Kenya
1 Indian Rupee is equal to 1.51 Kenyan Shilling.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Kenya
Kenya is a diverse country, home to many communities. Before travelling to Kenya, some interesting things that you should know are:
- Be extra careful with your selection of clothes, wear long pants and carry anti-repellent sprays as small insects and even mosquitoes can be dangerous.
- Pack warm as well as cotton clothes for the weather variation at different places in Kenya.
- Don’t walk around alone at night on the city roads or empty beaches.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 7th July 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.