Flights to Myanmar
Flights to Myanmar
A Trip to Myanmar
Discover the exuberance of Asian culture and revel amidst the placid serenity that infuses the landscape of Myanmar. With a profusion of natural attractions, a multi-ethnic culture and grand monasteries dotting its panorama, Myanmar undoubtedly deserves to be your next destination.
Carriers flying from India to Myanmar are Air India, Myanmar Airways International, Myanmar National Airlines. Other airlines flying to Myanmar are Thai Airways, AirAsia, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, China Eastern, SilkAir, Thai AirAsia, China Southern, Emirates, Thai Smile, Tigerair, Bangkok Airways, Air China, Biman Bangladesh Airlines.
How to find cheap flights to Myanmar?
Skyscanner, as a global travel search engine, offers you ample benefits to schedule your vacation as per your convenience.
- If you want to keep yourself updated with the latest changes on air fares to Myanmar, our price alert tool comes in handy. Get all the necessary information via regular e-mails and plan your trip within a cost-effective budget.
- Check our month view tool that will give you a fair idea about the cheapest month to fly to Myanmar.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Myanmar?
Find the cheapest city to fly to in Myanmar by referring to the countries section. Select your preferred country and you will be provided with a brief description of the country, along with the popular cities and their air fares.
Domestic travel between cities:
Myanmar’s infrastructure is still in the process of construction. It must be noted that travelling to certain places is restricted and needs military permission.
- Since roads are under construction and it takes a long time to travel via road, hence, planes are one of the convenient modes of transport in Myanmar. State and privately owned airlines serve the main domestic routes in Myanmar.
- Myanmar has an extensive and ancient network of railways that is still similar to that of the British times.
- It also has a wide network of ferries run by both Government and private organisations.
- Buses of all types are available in Myanmar, ranging from small to big, ordinary to luxurious. The fares are reasonable, helping you easily get around Myanmar.
- You can hire a private car for short trips at reasonable rates. However, travelling by road at nightfall is not recommended.
Things to do in Myanmar
Visit Myanmar to explore its pristine natural beauty and diverse culture. Home to over 100 ethnic groups, towns like Hispaw and Kengtung invites you to witness the vibrant customs that they boast of. The Tropical town of Mawlamyine is a must visit as well, while you can enjoy tribal festivals of Lisu villagers at Mytikyina. Travel to Shwedagon Paya and embrace spirituality amidst the preaching of Buddhist monks. Take a drift down the cool waters of Inle Lake and ride to the legendary temple town of Bagan. Pyin Lo Lwin, the British town and Golden Rock Stupa are other places which are worth a visit.
Before you fly to Myanmar
Visa for Indians flying to Myanmar
All Indians traveling to Myanmar must apply for a visa. To avail the same, you need to submit a duly filled visa application form along with the requisite documents and amount of fees. Visit the official website of the Embassy of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar to obtain further details.
Best time to visit Myanmar
The peak time to visit Myanmar is from November to February. The cool season offers an ecstatic view of snow-capped mountains, lush highlands and a comfortable stay in this beautiful country.
Time difference and weather between India and Myanmar
Myanmar is an hour ahead of India.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Myanmar
1 Indian Rupee is equal to approximately 19 Myanmar Kyat.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Myanmar
Myanmar has a vibrant culture that is largely based on its religion, arts and traditions. While in Myanmar, make sure you follow the enumerated rules.
- Wear modest clothes if you are visiting a religious place. Do not wear T-shirts with the images of Buddha or Buddhist monasteries, as it is considered disrespectful.
- Never touch a monk’s robes.
- Avoid shaking hands with strangers, especially of the opposite sex.
- Respect the local customs of Myanmar.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of October 1, 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.