Flights to Germany
Flights to Germany
Flights to regions in Germany
Germany– Land of Architectural Treasure & Natural Beauty
Germany is a fabulous country beautifully situated in the heart of Europe. A country world renowned for its exactitude engineering & high tech products, Germany truly is a tourist’s delight with its old-world charm & friendliness, numerous historical places, museums and fascinating natural attractions.
Carriers flying from India to Germany are Lufthansa, Air India. Other flights to Germany from India are Emirates, Aeroflot, Gulf Air, Etihad Airways, Oman Air, EgyptAir, British Airways, United, Asiana irlines, Jet Airways, Cathay Pacific, China Eastern, Qatar Airways, ANA, China Southern, Air Berlin, Ethiopian Airlines, Japan Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Austrian Airlines, EL AL Israel Airlines, Swiss, Saudia, Korean Air, Turkish Airlines, Air China, China Airlines, KLM, Kuwait Airways, Uzbekistan Airways, Air France, Air Canada, IranAir, Thai Airways, Finnair, Iraqi Airways.
How to find cheap flights to Germany?
The global metasearch engine Skyscanner provides the best deals to Germany, by comparing India to Germany flight prices from airlines and travel agents.
- To find cheap India to Germany flight fares, check our price alert feature. Regular updates via emails will keep you updated with the latest changes in price. This tool is free of cost and you can subscribe, modify or unsubscribe from it based on your convenience.
- Looking for the cheapest month/day to fly to your destination? Skyscanner’s month view tool would be your saviour. This way, you could plan your vacation without worrying about ticket costs.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Germany?
If you are wondering which city to fly to that fits your budget, click on the ‘countries’ section at the bottom of the page and then select the country of your choice. You will be redirected to a page that will display the names of the country’s major cities with their air fares. For more information on how to use the search tools, check out this Skyscanner article.
Domestic travel between cities
- Trains are the most popular transport mode for intercity travel in Germany, as they are fast, frequent and reliable. The railway system is operated by Deutsche Bahn and a one-way ticket costs around INR 5000/USD 75.
- Germany has a well-connected road network and hence renting a car is a popular option. You can choose between different types of cars, based on your budget. What’s even better? You do not mandatorily require an international driving licence!
- Other transport methods include air services and bus services.
Things to do in Germany
Situated in the heart of Europe, Germany is world-renowned for its technology. There are several vibrant and interesting cities in Germany. Some of the well-known cities are Berlin, Dresden, Dusseldorf, Bremen, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich and Nuremberg.
- The country is dotted with many enthralling places of natural beauty and is a paradise for adventure and history buffs. The fascinating city of Berlin with its many attractions is the most-visited city, and a favourite among tourists from all over the world. The Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, built in 1791, is the national symbol of Germany. For more information on the best places to visit in Germany, check out this Skyscanner article.
- Food lovers will find no dearth of options in Germany. The cuisine differs from one region to another. Pork is the most popular meat consumed in the country, apart from beef and poultry. Desserts such as cakes and tarts prepared from fresh fruit are widely relished by tourists.
- Shopping in Germany would be an exciting and enthralling experience. You can shop for a variety of things ranging from chocolates, clothing to antiques, music, souvenirs and more. Each city is filled with various stores, shopping centres, boutiques, flea markets and typical pedestrian malls.
Before you fly to Germany
Visa for Indians flying to Germany
Indians who travel to Germany need to apply for a visa, if they have the valid documents and passport. For more information on visa services, refer to the website of Embassy of India at Berlin.
Best time to visit Germany
Weather-wise, the best time to visit Germany is from May to October, when the weather is pleasant and the temperatures remain between 20-30 °C. The days are warm, with occasional rains, making it the preferable season for Indians to visit. A popular festival during this season is Oktoberfest. Held annually from late September to early October in Munich, it is the largest beer festival in the world.
Time and weather difference between India and Germany
India is ahead of Germany by 3 hours and 30 minutes. Germany has a temperate and marine climate, characterised by cold and wet winters and moderately warm summers. The climatic conditions differ based on the location of the cities and regions. Each season has its own charm and comes with many festivals that you can enjoy.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Germany
Germany’s rich culture is shaped by its history, literature, philosophy, religion, architecture and arts. During your visit to Germany, it is important to know some of the cultural norms and laws of the country.
- Always shake hands when you meet individuals.
- When you are invited somewhere, make sure that you reach on time as Germans are very punctual.
- Bring flowers when you visit a German resident’s home.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 5th May 2017.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.