Flights to Canada
Flights to Canada
A Trip to Canada
Canada is illustrious for its beautiful sites, rivers, mountain sides, scenic beauty and tourist attractions. The country shares its border with the United States and it is the world’s longest land border shared by two countries. Plan a visit and explore the vibrancy of its cultures, along with the brilliant sceneries of this mesmerizing country.
Airlines flying to Canada are Air CanadaJet Airways, Air France, Korean Air, British Airways, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Lufthansa, Qatar Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, United, Air China, Japan Airlines, Air India, Saudia, China Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Turkish Airlines, Austrian Airlines, Emirates, China Southern, EgyptAir, KLM, China Eastern, PIA, Etihad Airways, Swiss, EL AL Israel Airlines.
How to find cheap flights to Canada?
The global metasearch engine that Skyscanner provides makes the best deals to Canada available to you, by comparing prices of all airlines and travel agents.
- Skyscanner’s price alert tool sends notifications whenever there is a change in price. Regular updates are sent to your mobile phones from time to time, for you to plan a budget-based holiday. You can always modify your subscription as per your convenience.
- To find the cheapest month/day to travel to Canada, take a look at our month view tool and book your tickets accordingly.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Canada?
To find the cheapest cities to travel to Canada, check the countries section and select your preferred country. The page you will be redirected to, will have a brief description about the country, its cities and their air fares.
Domestic travel between cities
As Canada is a huge country, domestic travel in depends on upon the region you are traveling to. Air travel is preferred for long distance travel that there are flights on a regular basis. For short distances, there is an effective network of coach buses. Canada has well-maintained road and hence, may people prefer to travel by car. Passenger trains are another commuting option; however, they can be quite expensive.
Things to do in Canada
Canada is a country nestled in the northern part of North America. It has 10 provinces and 3 territories making it the second largest country in the world. Every nook and corner of this spectacular country is filled with awe-inspiring wonders that are sure to awaken your inner explorer. The first one on the list is the magnificent Niagara Falls. Located just over an hour’s drive from the city of Toronto along the American border, this spectacular fall gushes down from a height of approximately 57 meters. Next, you have the Ski Resort of Whistler, which is just 2 hours away from the city of Vancouver, offering world-class skiing opportunities to its enthusiastic visitors. If you are a history buff, then Old Montreal will definitely pump up your fascination level, with its beautiful historic buildings such as Rue Bonsecours, the enchanting interiors of the Notre-Dame Basilica and the classic 1870’s City Hall.
Before you fly to Canada
Visa for Indians flying to Canada
Traveling to Canada does not involve many hassles. Have your passports ready and apply for a visa, which can also be done online. Check out the procedures and requirements on the VFS website.
Best time to visit Canada
The climatic condition of Canada varies from place to place. The interior regions have a continental climate with tremendously frosty winters. The best time to visit Canada is between the months of May and October when summer is at its tip. You can also catch the Winter Carnival held at Toronto, Quebec City, and Winnipeg during the months of January and February.
Time difference and weather between India and Canada
As far as the time zone is concerned, you will experience a vast difference between the two countries. India, being on the east of Canada is 9 hours and 30 minutes ahead. The weather here varies from region to region.
- December, January and February are winter months in Canada, therefore warm clothes are a must. Some provinces also experience heavy snowfall during this time.
- March, April and May have moderate temperatures.
- June is the season of summer. The days are warm and this is an ideal time for traveling and outdoor activities.
- July and August are the warmest months of the year, which start to cool down with the coming of September.
- October-November are the months when winter seeps in with chilly days and the first signs of snow.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Canada
1 CAD is equal to approx. 51 INR. Canada has a higher cost of living than India.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to your destination
Culture in Canada is heavily influenced by European traditions and customs, especially French. They are extremely polite, courteous and community-oriented people.
Here are some of the dos and don’ts you need to remember when you are in Canada:
- The handshake is the most common greeting, however, it should be firm and accompanied by a sincere smile and direct eye contact.
- If you happen to be invited to a Canadian’s home for dinner, take a box of chocolates, nice smelling flowers or a bottle of the highest quality wine.
- Do not start your meal until the hostess starts.
- Do not rest your elbow on the dining table.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 17th September 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.