Flights to Austria
Flights to Austria
A Trip to Austria
With beautiful and majestic landscapes taken straight out of fairy tales, Austria is full of undiscovered surprises for the curious traveller. One of the most sought-after honeymoon destinations in the world, this enchanting country effortlessly combines outdoor pleasures with an ultra-modern city life.
Carriers flying from India to Austria are Air India. Other airlines flying to Austria are Emirates, Turkish Airlines, Finnair, Lufthansa, KLM, Air China, British Airways, Jet Airways, Air Canada, Etihad Airways, FlyNiki, EL AL Israel Airlines, Qatar Airways, Aeroflot, EgyptAir, Swiss, Ethiopian Airlines, Thomas Cook Airlines, Thai Airways, United, Korean Air, Air France, Austrian Airlines, IranAir.
How to find cheap flights to Austria?
Skyscanner is the perfect tool to provide you with tailor-made holidays around the globe.
- Get regular updates on cheap air fares to Austria with the help of our price alert tool which compares all available flight prices to Austria before providing you with a list of the cheapest.
- Our month view tool helps you find the cheapest month to fly to in Austria and plan a holiday within your budget.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Austria?
In order to find the cheapest city to fly to in Austria, browse through the countries section and get a list of air fares to all the cities in the country.
Domestic travel between cities
- The best way to travel around the countryside in Austria is either by train or by bus. Trains interconnect all the major cities whereas buses ply between the outlying towns and villages. The public transport system in Austria is deeply integrated, enabling you to transfer between trains and buses as per your convenience.
- Rented cars are a good way to explore the offbeat roads in Austria. Also, certain parts of the country can only be accessed by car or ski. Carry a detailed map of Austria before you set out for your road trip.
Things to do in Austria
- Vienna, the capital city of Austria, offers myriads of delights for tourists. The Vienna State Opera House, with its stunning architecture, is one of the most frequently visited sites in the city. The Hofburg Palace and the Schonbrunn Palace are other interesting places to visit in the city.
- Hallstatt is well-known for its beautiful landscapes and pristine salt lake. Cradled amidst the Alpine Mountains, Innsbruck is a place of ethereal beauty and sophisticated lifestyle. History lovers must never miss exploring the city of Salzburg, home to Hohensalzburg Castle and Melk Abbey.
- Seefeld, the Museum of Fine Arts, Basilica Mariazell and the Belvedere Palace are other intriguing attractions of Austria.
Before you fly to Austria
Visa for Indians flying to Austria
Tourist visa applications can be submitted at the Austria Application Centre in New Delhi. The applications must be submitted and final visa must be collected in person or by an authorized travel agency. For further details, check out the website of VFS Global.
Best time to visit Austria
The best time to visit Austria is between the months of April and September. The weather remains mild during spring and early fall. The summer season sees hordes of visitors to Austria, intent on experiencing the warm weather and colourful festivities.
Time and weather difference between India and Austria
Austria experiences a temperate climate with the temperature of any particular place depending on its altitude. The lowland regions experience hot summers and cold winters; the southeast region of Austria tend to experience warmer summers. Snowfall is common in almost all parts of the country during winter, although the snow cover lasts for different lengths in different regions.
India is 3 hours and 30 minutes ahead of the time zone of Austria.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Austria
1 Euro is approximately equal to 70 Indian Rupees. Almost all the ATMs (Bankomats) will accept international cards with no transaction fee, excluding the amount charged by your bank.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Austria
Each of the nine states of Austria has a unique culture. Austrians are well-known for their love of tradition and their sarcastic sense of humour. With the exception of Vienna, Austria is largely conservative and rural. The people of Austria may be socially conservative, but they are nevertheless very hospitable to tourists. The standard of living in the country is one of the highest in the world. Vienna is often referred to as the European capital of classical music. Yodelling and Schrammelmusik are unique forms of folk music still practiced in Austria.
- You may be hard-pressed to find a pure vegetarian restaurant in Austria, but most eateries will have vegetarian dishes on their menu. Most traditional Austrian dishes are meat-based.
- Try to learn at least a few phrases in German before you go to Austria.
- Do not walk on lanes meant for cyclists.
- Symbols of Nazism are illegal in Austria. Although the Swastika can be used as a religious symbol, most Austrians are unaware of this fact and you may garner suspicion if you are wearing it.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 24th February 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.