Flights to Brazil
Flights to Brazil
A Trip to Brazil
With boundless beaches, roaring cascades of waterfalls and modern cities, Brazil is every adventure lover’s dream. With welcoming country folks, peppy music, exotic wildlife, stunning scenery and architectural marvels, you will never run out of places to see and things to do in the phenomenal land of Brazil.
No airlines flying direct from India to Brazil. Other airlines flying to Brazil are Emirates, Lufthansa, Ethiopian Airlines, Etihad Airways, Air France, United, British Airways, KLM, Air Canada, Qatar Airways, Swiss, Air China, Jet Airways, Turkish Airlines.
How to find cheap flights to Brazil?
Skyscanner, as a reliable metasearch engine, offers you the ideal platform to search for cheap flights to Brazil.
- Subscribe to our price alert tool and get regular email notifications regarding the change in flight prices to Brazil. After comparing all the available flights to Brazil, you are given a list of the cheapest flights to this country.
- Our month view tool helps you find which is the cheapest month to fly to Brazil.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Brazil?
The countries section on Skyscanner’s homepage gives you a brief description about Brazil and a list of all the cities with airfares from major cities in India. Choose the cheapest city to fly to and enjoy a spectacular vacation within your budget.
Domestic travel between cities
- The best way to cover the vast distances in Brazil is by plane. There are regular domestic flights between the cities although booking the flights can be a slight hassle since much of the information required will not be available to non-Brazilians.
- Rent a car and explore the scenic countryside of Brazil. The roadways of the country are the largest in Latin America and will even take you to the remotest of towns.
- There are several long-distance buses connecting the various cities in Brazil which are convenient, comfortable as well as economic means of getting around the country.
Things to do in Brazil
- Natural wonders are abundant in Brazil and must be explored. Amazon Rain Forest, Atlantic Forest, the cliffs and canyons of Campos Gerais, the impressive Iguacu Falls and Chapada Diamantina National Park are a few of the must-see locations in Brazil.
- There is a lot of colonial architecture in Brazil. The statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro has become an icon of this South American nation.
- The world famous beach in Copacabana is definitely worth a visit. Santa Catarina Island is a veritable mine of beachside fun and activities, thanks to its 42 beaches. Sao Paulo and Belo Horizonte are other must-visit cities in Brazil.
Before you fly to Brazil
Visa for Indians flying to Brazil
Applications must be submitted to the Embassy of Brazil in New Delhi and necessary documents must be scanned into the system. Visa processing takes 7 working days.
Best time to visit Brazil
The best time to visit Brazil is in February, during the Carnival and Samba Parade in Rio de Janeiro. April to June and August to October are other good times to visit this country.
Time and weather difference between India and Brazil
The northern part of Brazil experiences a tropical climate whereas the south enjoys a relatively temperate climate. Coastal cities like Rio de Janeiro and Salvador tend to get very hot. The temperature does not rise above 32 ⁰C in the Amazon region, accompanied by heavy rainfall.
India is 7 hours and 30 minutes ahead of the time zone of Brazil.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Brazil
1 Brazilian Real is equal to 21 Indian Rupees. It is recommended that you use cash for transactions, owing to a lot of credit card scams in Brazil.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Brazil
Brazil has a rich and diverse culture. Music plays an important part in Brazilian society. Choro, samba and bossa nova are styles unique to this country. Capoeira is a mixture of martial arts, music, dance and games, and is an interesting feature of Brazilian culture. Football is another important facet of their culture; almost all Brazilians follow and practice football religiously.
- Try to learn some basic Portuguese or Spanish before you visit Brazil.
- Brazil has a high crime rate. Hence, it is advised that you stay vigilant at all times and avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Stay clear of favelas where gangs conduct criminal activities.
- Do not make insulting comments on football. Never compare the national football team with any other team, especially the Argentinean team.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 16th September 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.